Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Symphony: best way to get the Crissaegrim?  (Read 24390 times)

Offline defyes

• Awards
Symphony: best way to get the Crissaegrim?
« on: October 06, 2007, 05:33:43 PM »
Now, I know this is an old subject. But I can almost guarantee some years ago I found a website with the PERFECT hint for getting this sword without the endless attemps at the Inverted Library (Forbidden Library)killing Schmoos.

Now, 4 years has passed since I played this game and found that website. I can no longer find that specific hint or the sword.

I can remember it like now: "I whish I could just find a specific way to get this sword", went online, found this hint right away, played the game and got the sword pretty much right away....

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Symphony: best way to get the Crissaegrim?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 05:40:04 PM »
In Reply To #1

imagined it, the sword isn't that great anyway. its cool and strong and..... utterly boring.

Offline DarkLavos

• I Cut Throat
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 05:42:31 PM »
If you equip all the Alucart stuff your Luck will greatly increase and besides equiping Luck increasing stuff and arcana rings I don't think there is a better way of getting the sword faster.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 05:43:40 PM »
There is no guaranteed method of obtaining such low-frequency drop items, sheer luck seems to be the most likely explanation in your previous experience.

Equipping luck/drop rate increasing items, such as the Ring of Arcana, Lapis Lazuli, and the Alucart gear to name a few, is probably your best bet in this case.

Offline defyes

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 06:22:24 PM »
In Reply To #4

ok. so it was pure luck then.....  where do I get the Lapis Lazuli?, I can't seem to find that one.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 06:27:31 PM »
the most you can do is make it easy for yourself to kill as many of the creature that drops what your after as fast as possible. This doesnt mean run around all crazy from room to room in the areas with the enemy that drops it and kill em and keep runnin thru this means find one in a good area near the edge of a screen that shouldnt be a loading door if it can be avoided.

Then you kill that one leave the screen and immediately come back and repeat until it drops.

With the Shmoo thats the entrance room from the outer wall area directly across from the load door. The load door is on the left and the only exit is on the right you stand there when you enter the room and immediately attack the shmoo right there will be comin right at you as soon as you enter so depending on the weapon (at this point probably a normal sword unless you got the heavens sword) you attack as soon as you change screens. Either slide backward exiting the room and then reenter or turn and leave and come back.

If your fast and when you get in the groove you can probably kill a shmoo a second roughly. Just dont get TOO into the groove because youll be so used to exiting and comin back as soon as you see nothin drop that you might miss it (I have a few times)

This works not only for the crissaegrim but pretty much any item in the game and works really well for gettin the rune sword.

Offline defyes

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 06:31:25 PM »
In Reply To #6

that's exactly what I've been trying too,

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 06:35:38 PM »
In Reply To #7

I dunno maybe try the room I mentioned it could just be me but Ive got it there every time (atleast 20 or so playthrus and thats bein modest) in atleast 30-45min with nothin extra equipped or used but what I already was usin when I got there.

But anyway the necklace is dropped by the special bone dragon in the 2nd room of the inverted entrance its white instead of gray cant remember the name somethin crazy but it drops it.

Offline defyes

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 07:03:33 PM »
In Reply To #8

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 09:25:58 PM »
What I did was equip the ring of arcana and use a luck potion.  I got it instantly, piece of cake.

Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 01:28:37 PM »
See, until reading people's thoughts on the Crissaegrim, I would have never thought it was all that rare. Usually, I get it between the first and the fifth schmoo I fight.

I guess it helps if you beat the Dracula with Richter without getting hit and without using subweapons.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 12:17:51 AM »
See, until reading people's thoughts on the Crissaegrim, I would have never thought it was all that rare. Usually, I get it between the first and the fifth schmoo I fight.

I guess it helps if you beat the Dracula with Richter without getting hit and without using subweapons.

Yeah, lots of ppl claim it ruined the game for them, since it shifts the difficulty in your favor so badly.

I still like feeling like such a badass with it though. The visual effect is pretty neat too.

For me it took about an hour, and I of course had no ide what I would get. I just saw in the library that I hadn't gotten Schmoo's item. I was AMAZED when I finally got it.

Despite what you think of it in terms of the difficulty balance, I'd say it's one of the coolest weapons in the game.

Almost feels like "Ys" or something how you can slash as fast as you input presses.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 08:19:35 AM »
In Reply To #9

For me the easiest way is:

Go to the reverse outer wall up from the room of the creature where they are two paranthropus. Kill them until you have at least one ring of varda. Equip this for a super stats booster, including luck and then go to reverse library and after about 15 or so kills you'll get it.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 06:19:34 PM »
Seriously? No one knows the real way to get a crissy fast!??

It's 2 rings of arcana--the effects of those rings stack, so rare items are 4x more likely to appear. 1 ring is in the room just left of the big hanging corpse boss (beezelbub) and the other one is acquired from doing multiple gravity jumps under the librarian's chair.

If you have lots of luck potions, go ahead and use those; but don't waste your time trying to get the lapiz lazuli--it'll take 5x longer for that to drop--during which time, you could've gotten 3 crissaegrims.

btw, the lapiz lazuli is dropped by the oroborous in the inverted entrance.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline defyes

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 06:59:44 PM »
Yeah, lots of ppl claim it ruined the game for them, since it shifts the difficulty in your favor so badly.

I still like feeling like such a badass with it though. The visual effect is pretty neat too.

Same here, if that's the only way you could beat the game then I would call it cheating. But I have beat the game so many times, that I don't see anything wrong with having some fun with the BIG SWORD.

I mean, that's all you can do after beating the game so many time, just keep playing trying new things, using different subweapons just for the hell of it.
One time I actually beat the game without a memory card...yeah impposible huh?  took me 6-7 hrs on a sunday that I had NOTHING else to do. I basically spent most of the time going back to Save Points & lots of money to buy a sh*t load of Exilirs.

Also, I had beat the game a few days before, so I was fresh...if I tried to do that now, I'd probably couldn't make it pass the 2nd Boss.

PS - thanks to you all for the tips,  there's always something new to learn.

Tags: