Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Glitch  (Read 5740 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Castlevania Glitch
« on: October 08, 2007, 02:09:58 PM »
I was playing portrait of Ruin just now and I walked into a room in the NOA and three skeleton Blazes were floating in the middle of the screen. I've done that room over 40 times and thats never happend.

Also, I got game over one time, and the screen was blurry and the game froze. Other than that, I've never had a problem with it.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Glitch
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 12:00:59 AM »
Portrait of Ruin was the very first handheld CV to actually FREEZE on me.

It was a stupid glitch, too. I can't remember exactly how I did it, but it had to do with turning into Charlotte's owl form, thenn switching to Jonathan. When I accidentally went offscreen without her, she tried to teleport back to me in owl form. But it didn't work, since she was FLYING -- she never hit the ground and just kept telporting and falling in a spot in the air.

After about a half minute of this, there was just too much loading and unloading of her owl sprite for the DS to handle, and...

CRAAAAASH!

(THis was in the rainy forest stage, of the 4 last portraits)

I was pissed cuz I hadn't saved for about an hour (dumb, I know). I'm even more pissed that glitch is probably fairly easy to replicate on accident again. As a result, I'm very cautious about using Charlotte as an owl.

:(

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 06:23:27 AM »
In Reply To #2

Wow, that must have sucked. Whenever I lose and I haven't saved in a while, I stop playing the game for about a week. That does sound easy to do, and I think I heard about a glitch you could do that sounds like that, but I can't remember what the glitch was.
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 09:53:15 PM »
Everytime I fight the mummy enemies, at least 1 is GUARANTEED to be stuck somewhere in the upper right/left corners of the screen....

:( This game just seems glitchy with enemies and freezing. At least non-freeze game glitches are more than forgivable. But game freezing: biiiiig no no, Iga. Big no no..

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »
I hope that by the time the 3rd DS game is completed, the team would have the formula mastered & improve upon the faults of PoR & DoS.

Then again that might be asking too much  :-\

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 08:56:49 AM »
A friend of mine glitched after fighting Astarte, where he'd obviously beat her, but the boss music was still playing and the doors wouldn't open. Only happened once though.

Though he has a knack for glitching. He was recently playing Curse of Darkness, and somehow caught himself in a corner by the windows when fighting Trevor the first time, then somehow managed to pass through the windows, and was stuck falling indefinitely until he'd realized what had happened and restarted.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:59:39 AM by Sindra »

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 09:07:43 AM »
I hope that by the time the 3rd DS game is completed, the team would have the formula mastered & improve upon the faults of PoR & DoS.

Then again that might be asking too much

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 10:09:39 AM »
In Reply To #6

In PoR after the death fight you can screw up your game if you leave before the death convo. The doors will lock and you can't go back in. I think it is ok if you went left, but you can't complete the clock quest and if you went right you can't beat the game.
The falling indefinitely sounds kinda like the succubus glitch in DoS.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 10:25:50 AM »
Suspend glitch is more like that. In por, if you get to the extreme boundary of a room without changing the room and suspend, then reload you'll be moved 2 rooms forward. If you landed inside a wall you'll be going up. Every 4 screens or so you'll be marking the uncovered parts of the map. Suspending in a room during that moment will make you start in that place once you reload, but if you suspended in a wrong place the savefile will say "lost gallery" and loading it will crash the game.

Using that you can skip the Death room if you accidentaly locked yourself out of it. You can also skip many of the bosses that way, most of them except Brauner (opens the final stairway, unless you suspend glitch yourself into drac's room or the stairway) and Dracula (beating ends the game) aren't even needed to beat in order to win the main mode.

Someone else found it btw. not me.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 10:31:48 AM »
In Reply To #9

Wow, didn't know that. I was contantly suspending my game in the nest of evil so I could get the Iron Golem's items without having to do the whole floor 1000 times. Luckily I wasn't at the corner of the room when I did it.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »
Just a corner won't do. It has to be the place where the two screens are joined, at the very boundary of it.

Tags:

anything