Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon Belmont in Brawl (I have valid reasons and arguments)  (Read 9053 times)

Josh Dunford

Simon Belmont in Brawl (I have valid reasons and arguments)
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:06:32 AM »
Let's just think about a few things, thoughts I'd like everyone to ponder if you will.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Simon Belmont in Brawl (I have valid reasons and arguments)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 11:16:59 AM »
I agree that he should be in. At least over sonic and snake.

I hope the next update is Simon killing sonic and taking his spot in the game.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »
In Reply To #1

Sonic's cool!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »
Simon's one of the early gen NES heroes. His place is rooted among Mario, Link, Pit and Samus, at the very least. Throw Mega Man into the mix, as well. Those six were the big early Nintendo heroes.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 12:17:40 PM »
If they put Shadow the hedgehog in the game, I will boycott it.

If, however, Simon Belmont is also in the game, I'll forgive them.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 12:42:15 PM »
In Reply To #4
I wouldn't mind seeing MegaMan take on Donkey Kong.

I can't picture IGA begging Nintendo to include Simon anyway.

Josh Dunford

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »
my only point is that it just doesnt make any sense not to include him.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 01:26:05 PM »
I agree. I think Simon is MORE considered a "classic" character than Solid Snake. Simon probably was one of the first "classic" Konami characters. While Snake is about as old as Simon, Snake didn't take on legendary status until the first MGS game was released on the PS1.

Josh Dunford

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 01:51:18 PM »
In Reply To #8

My thoughts to a tee.  He's too much a staple in the culture to overlook.  Not to mention how great he would be to control.  Like samus and link mixed, sans the sword.

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 04:22:23 PM »
Yeah I agree I hope he's in it, Chronicles or CV2 look please.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 08:19:34 PM »
Sonic being in the game just proves sometimes the game makers listen to their fans, since I kept on hearing people whine about Sonic needing to be in Brawl since the beginning. (and honestly, I love the fact I can beat on Mario finally with my fav hedgehog)

But I agree that Simon, being a frontrunning character for the NES system alongside Mario & Samus, deserves a spot in the game. Make him an unlockable super secret character or something. If even novice gamers don't know half the characters in the game, I'll bet you that they'll at least know who Simon Belmont is with his signature whip.

VoDkA

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 09:56:47 PM »
I actually think that each third-party company will wind up getting two characters in the game...two from Sega, two from Konami, and two from Capcom (though Mega Man hasn't yet been confirmed).  I have no basis for this claim, other than the idea that Sakurai's list of considered third-party characters from way back had at least one "classic" character from each company (Sonic, Simon, Mega Man) and one "new" character (NiGHTS, Snake, Viewtiful Joe).  Now, some might argue that Snake is a classic character, and indeed this is true; however, Snake didn't really get noticed in the mainstream until recently.  When Metal Gear Solid was first announced, no one went out and bought PS1s because of it (not until after word-of-mouth had spread).  Simon, Sonic, and Mega Man were instant stars.

Like I said, I have no solid evidence for his inclusion.  However, I do think it would be a damn good idea.

At the very least, he'd probably make the cut as an assist trophy (not perfect, but I'll take it, I guess).

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 07:21:41 AM »
I agree completely!!! I hate Sonic and most of the other haracters in Brawl, and I think its ridiculous that Simon isn't in it.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Killerwhip

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »
In Reply To #13

Back in the SNES and Genesis days Nintendo and Sega were hardcore competitors.  To put Sonic in while excluding someone like Simon, who has been with nintendo since the 8-bit days is a load of crap.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 02:09:27 PM »
I imagine that, for the most part, they can make a good Simon from the Dream Mix TV Whatever model of him. Some of the Smash Bros. guys made that game, right?

Tags: