Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Ever Essential Belmont Pimp Walk  (Read 10748 times)

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
The Ever Essential Belmont Pimp Walk
« on: October 14, 2007, 10:25:53 AM »
Gameinformer pointed out that they saw little improvment in Richter's somewhat odd walk. Do you think that the awkward powerwalking is just one of those oddball nostalgic things (like SotN's old cheesy acting) that you'd miss if they took it out?

Personally, I dunno. Only Jonathan's run bothered me. Some criticize all of Simon's games, but only the Haunted Castle sprite did I find to be awkward.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
Re: The Ever Essential Belmont Pimp Walk
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 11:18:17 AM »
In Reply To #1

Well, to be honest, I think the whole 'lets imitate a train with my hands' movement that all Belmonts seem to have is something that adds to the recognition of a Castlevania main character. Granted, I always found it funny that Alucard started with this kick-ass run and his cape gloriously waved out, and then, the power walking train imitation began.

I personally like the graceful movements of certain Belmonts, for example, Leon Belmont, who truly gets the award for most admirably beautiful run in the game. Even when he uses the whip it seems like the most memorable one of them all. Oddly enough, I thought it looked far more refined than the Curse of Darkness Trevor Mode, which seemed more barbaric, and forceful, rather than elegant.

Juste Belmont also was noted for, while shitty sprite, having a more graceful movement - lets observe the back dash for example, when his coat beautifully would trail after him, as his body made a very elegant movement backwards.

I suppose its something that we all enjoy to see, but I personally prefer the refined movements of the LoI characters.

One that I most certainly would miss though, is Alucard's dramatic misleading start. :D Certain giggle-worthy moment!

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 02:33:08 PM »
The pimp walk down't bother me one bit.  Ritcher moves ridiculously fast in PoR for instance (did he move like that in SOTN because I never *did* play his mode in that game), so fast that it's like watching Sonic and Tails. (Sonic leaves Tails far behind and he just has to catch up when he finally slows down.)

I think it's easy to appricate the pimp walk when you've been with Castlevania pre SOTN.  Cause even I admit, you get used to them actually running and going back to older games, you have to remember they pimp walk and slap skeletons around for not having their money.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »
Nope in sotn Richter was more less perfect, though a bit overpowered and the lack of doublejump was slightly annoying. Por butchered him very badly.

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:27:47 PM »
SOTN Richter =  most badass walk EVER! 

Rondo Richter = most badass stairs walk

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »
In Reply To #5

In PoR you can't even see any difference. I'm happy that at least he runs, otherwise it'd be REALLY boring to play with him...not that he isn't already. Poor "Richiter", he'll never live up to Richter.

DX Richter is the bomb!

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 09:02:11 PM »
im more of a fan of the john morris stairwalk myself...the way he walks so fast up the stairs and i always get scared that hes gonna lose his balance and fall off due to his itty bitty legs not being able to support his massive upper body weight

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 09:47:08 PM »
everything's always bigger in Texas

SymboliC

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 01:07:35 AM »

Leon and Trevor can also do Tango.

Hold guard, then back off, then circle around and dance. ;D

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 07:33:19 AM »
I think the Belmont pimp walk is great.  Especially so for DxC since it's attempting to recreate Castlevania in the hayday for pimp walking. :P

Platinum Armor

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 02:09:16 PM »
Yeah, the Belmont pimp walk is badass.
Once, I got kicked out of the classroom by my teacher cause she got mad at me and as I was exiting the room, I did the Belmont pimp walk and she was like:
"Motherfu..., you can't disrespect me!"

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 08:14:08 PM »
In Reply To #11

;D HAHA! That's something that should be used as an opening statement for a book! 'Tis pure epicness!

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 05:43:59 AM »
In Reply To #5

high five pimp!

most powerful most badass most lol Belmont ever!

that was made for Raph-people!

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 10:06:36 AM »
I think Leon has an amazing looking walk/run. The way his coat glides through the air looks awesome.

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 10:30:03 AM »
Im trying to get my relatives use the E.E.B.P.W. when walking.   ;D

Tags:

anything