Poll

Leon Belmont vs Trevor Belmont: who's better?

Leon Belmont
Trevor Belmont

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 3-D Belmonts  (Read 11381 times)

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
3-D Belmonts
« on: October 14, 2007, 07:43:59 PM »
Two Belmonts were shown in the 3D castlevania world, and each of them was very different aside from being designed by Kojima, and that they both had whips. So which Belmont did you prefer and why?

Leon Belmont, or Trevor Belmont?

I personally liked Leon far more than I did Trevor.

He felt a lot more sympathetic, and his story was by far one of my favourite out of the Castlevania realm. I also prefered his gameplay far more than Trevor's. Reasons for that would be the huge variety in whip attacks, the different magic implements, and mostly, he was by far the epitome of gracefulness within the Castlevania realm. He had far more elegance and mastery in his movements than Trevor who just seemed to come off as being a bit of a brute. Not only, but I adored his run, which seemed very refined, and actually casual in its execution. It didn't feel as strained and..."fussy" (?), unlike Trevor's which seemed like an angry middle-school girl storming toward her boyfriend's house to slap him up.

I will give it to Trevor, he had that sweet spiral spin attack, but you can't beat Leon's air kick, and his whip combos where he comes down with a finisher similar to that of Isaac's Laser Blade/ Hector's 7-Bladed sword/Kris Naga.T

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: 3-D Belmonts
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 07:55:15 PM »
Trevor. He's probably the only Belmont that Kojima designed that still is gruff and rough.
Ralph C. for the win.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:36:34 PM »
Better in which way?

I like Trevor much more as an overall character.  He's also much more common in the CV world, as he's played an important role in two games and made little cameos in two more.  All Leon's got is Lament, unless you count the Greatest Five in PoR.

But Leon is animated gorgeously compared to Trevor, if we're just looking at the 3D entries.  I don't think I've seen any 3D character on the PS2 that looks as pretty (in a graphical sense, you sickos) as Leon.  Also, Leon plays the main role in Lament, while Trevor is sorta a secondary character in Curse.  So I went with Leon, assuming we're only looking at the 3D games.

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 12:42:57 AM »
In Reply To #3

Yes, you understood exactly what I meant: Beautiful rendition of the way a Belmont should move - Leon Belmont.

I do agree Trevor's more memorable, but I think Leon was far more interesting. I think he didn't need many games either - LoI was more tragedy and grief than any Belmont's ever suffered, except for maybe Hector ( But I dislike him personally... ). I think Leon was the most memorable Belmont in the way that he played, because he felt the most...beautiful? I think that's a good way to put it.

And yup, we're only looking at the 3D titles, and more precisely, the PS2 games.  ;)

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 12:44:35 AM »
In Reply To #2

I agree as far as the rough and gruff part! Kojima managed to not only give him handsome features, but retain his title as "strongest" amongst the Belmonts. Hell, the guy even survived being stabbed by Isaac thought the heart!  :o

....Leon's still my favourite though... 8) :P

SymboliC

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 01:04:16 AM »
Trevor. He's probably the only Belmont that Kojima designed that still is gruff and rough.
Ralph C. for the win.

^ Also my opinion. Though of course, I still liked Leon, he's good for a first Vampire killah.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 08:15:44 AM »
Trevor is looking more cool for me than Leon. It's character has his own style.

For example, Leon has great movement and Trevor nice fighting style and looking.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 10:55:02 AM »
It's kinda silly for a character more less a Belmont to look "pretty" as they explore a rotting castle full of skeletons.

But for arguments sake, I'd pick Leon.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 12:54:37 PM »
Trevor. No question about it. He's always been my favorite Belmont, and always will be.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline impulse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »
As a character I enjoyed Trevor more. Put simply;
he's very badass, while Leon feels a bit more coockie-cutter, like Hector imo., although I liked the
"I'l kill you AND the night!" part. I also think
Trevor had some great voice work in CoD which stood out (CoD had very good voice work overall, except perhaps
for Julia, partly due to her wierd lines).

And while I agree that Leon's fighting style is more gracefull (and better animated), Trevor's agressive style totally fits his character. And he does have some sweet moves, including his kicks.

Although gameplay wise, I think Leons controls better.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 02:34:15 PM »
In Reply To #1

I like Reinhardt...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »
Leon is better designes, but Trevor is Trevor :P

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 08:11:21 PM »
 :'( Leon got creamed...and that's not in the way that Matthias used to cream him either!!! Poor him... :'(

Okay, what the hell, he's my favourite Belmont (alongside Juste) yet I make so many gay jokes about him, you'd think I hate him.

As for whoever said pretty guys in rotting castles doesn't work: It's castlevania, it's meant to be graceful and gothic. When you think gothic, you think beautiful, ambient, eerie.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 08:58:27 PM »
Leon controlled TONS better than Trevor in CoD.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 07:35:29 PM »
Two Belmonts were shown in the 3D castlevania world
Uhh, Reinhardt was a Belmont. Not in name, but in blood, which is just as good.

Tags: