Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Project: A short Castlevania movie  (Read 4696 times)

0kami

Project: A short Castlevania movie
« on: October 14, 2007, 07:45:17 PM »
Yes, Halloween has got me inspired. I was thinking of getting my freinds together for a weekend, get some costumes out and do a castlevania movie. I've had some experience with filming before (which I'll post if you want) and even did a fake live action trailer to what a Persona movie would be like (instant win to anybody who's played that game).

Now obviously, I'd NEVER be able to do justice to any of the Castlevania stories already created, so I've written up a new story and script. The script is almost done (and I'll post it here for anybody who is intereted in giving me critique) and the story is set in 1888 during the Jack the Ripper murders (which play a small role plotwise).

Now, obviously I don't have acess to special effects and good actors, but I'm making do with what I have (which is basically a whole lot of countryside and forest and old buildings here in the sticks of historical Connecticut) and I think if, God willing, I can pull it off. But, I would like suggestions from fans. I'm not expecting a masterpiece with this, but I do think it will be fun. And if it's hilariously bad? So be it. At least it's entertaining and you don;t have to see any characters you actually know fro mthe series getting ripped onscreen.

But I'll post the script later. I want to revise it first. I'll update you guys with info and what's going on. But I'm hoping I can actually get this together.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:32:02 PM »
Sounds fun.  I don't have any real suggestions other than to take non-constructive criticism here with a grain of salt.  Past projects have gotten harsh receptions when presented here.

I'm not expecting a masterpiece with this, but I do think it will be fun. And if it's hilariously bad? So be it.

This is what seems to separate you from many other CV fan work aspirations; it sounds like you're setting a realistic goal and not taking yourself too seriously.

Keep us updated.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Project: A short Castlevania movie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
Add lots of fleamen!
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 12:46:53 AM »
Add lots of fleamen!

Children with masks of George W. Bush should do the part for this role... :-X

0kami

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 12:55:06 PM »
^ While I do love me some good ol' political statements. Not in my Castlevania, or anybody elses's Castlevania, thank you XD

0kami

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 03:31:45 PM »
I've finished the script up until the first two bad endings (there are four in total, with the other two being the progressively better ones)If there's anybody out there who knows how to post a MS Word document to a forum, please kindly tell me how to do so ;)

Tags:

anything