Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Game Informer Reviews DXC  (Read 15510 times)

DracuVamp

Game Informer Reviews DXC
« on: September 13, 2007, 07:42:03 PM »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Kamirine_Goddess44/gameinformercastlevania.png

Credit to KamirineGoddess on GameFAQS for providing the scan.

Dissapointing review, not that it'll disuade me from completely enjoying this game.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Game Informer Reviews DXC
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 08:24:51 PM »
Wow, Dullahan battle looks aweossme...thanks for the info..

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:16:17 PM »
I wouldn't let any review dissuade me from the game either... I would think. I will be the ultimate one to judge it anyways. Btw that Drawn to Life game looks pretty fun too!  ;D

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »
The problem with the reviewer is that he's such a mainstreamer, it's farting out of his ass. People like him are the reasons we've been getting super easy CV games.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:16:55 PM »
+1
Quote from: gameinformer
That said, if you've somehow been able to retain your love of high-difficulty side-scrolling action, you'll love this.

Looks like I'm good, then.

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:21:33 PM »
ROFL, he bitched about -Rondo- difficulty? Holy Christ... he'd have a heart attack on CV1/CV3.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 11:08:43 PM »
Looks like I'm good, then.
That's the same quote I was going to use.  I think this review is fantastic news!  Rondo was among the easier classic CVs, and the parts we've seen so far were either spot on or dumbed down from the original version a little bit.  Yet watching people who didn't grow up with the series play classic CVs shows how insanely tough they are to the uninitiated.  So I have nothing to fear after reading this.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 05:50:47 AM »
+1
He reviewed the game based entirely of the difficulty level. What a significantly untalented piece of shit.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline SenileSnake

• moron who becomes dracula
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 06:54:26 AM »
Could someone provide us with a higher-res scan of that review? I can

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 07:04:44 AM »
I really like the game be hard.Almost all the last Castlevania releases they were very easy to beat.So i hope this time it will have a decent difficulty,not more easy Castlevanias.Please.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 09:27:41 PM »
Wow that really sucks. GI usually seems to be one of the more level headed publications.  It's a shame they let this turd review it.

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 11:34:07 PM »
ROFL, he bitched about -Rondo- difficulty? Holy Christ... he'd have a heart attack on CV1/CV3.

If my memory recalls, weren't the majority of the "big wig video game reviewers" complaining of the recent Castlevania games being too easy?! Now too hard huh? lolo. Ok.

Make up your simpleton reviewr minds please and like it was mentioned, shouldn't he be worried more about other things in the game to reivew. Other than just difficulty? u_u

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 12:43:00 AM »
He reviewed the game based entirely of the difficulty level. What a significantly untalented piece of shit.

Indeed. Gotta love his condescending comment about 'growing up'. As if challenging platformers are childish somehow. Awful review, if you could even call it that.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 01:44:05 AM »
Also gotta love his comment about design in games evolving. For the most part, I'll take 2D sidescrollers over newer games any day, and nostalgia has absolutely nothing to do with that statement.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

mgfcortez

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 03:35:21 AM »
what a piece of dog shit.lol
ppl like him I'd like to gut like a pig.
sure I'm all for a watered down game that i can play with one hand.lol
i never remember ROB being hard at all but i been playing castlevania and other games for 23 years.lol 
he must have just started playing games a few years ago:P
shit i went and got a psp just for this game and god of war as well.lol
i hope we get more cool games like this and not them weak games that even a monkey could beat.lol

Tags: