Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Dissonance  (Read 15665 times)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »
I really love the swift movement in HOD that's why it grew on me I think + the simon boss rush. but I also like the dark COTM look but I prefer Aria when choosing between these 3. (so my opinion is kinda the same as Thinks's)

Z.I.R.

Re: Harmony of Dissonance
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 03:11:42 AM »
Harmony's my favorite of the GBA trilogy. It's the only Metroidvania that I got lost in. As in, I actually didn't know what to do on at least TWO occasions.

That may not sound like much, but in all the games since SotN it's been a pretty clear, point A. to point B. thing. Not in HoD!

I love everything about Harmony. The music, the bizarre castle set-up, the dark/light world concept, the colors, and the fact that essentially none of it -actually- happened; for all we know it was just one trippy adventure through the Trannsylvania countryside.

Juste is my second favorite Belmont. A nice combonation of Trevor and Sypha.

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 06:40:10 AM »
i always liked but that's all....serio's hack made me really like of it after all.  :P

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »
In Reply To #13

I guess it's not so much the graphics as it is the animation. I thought the animation was bad in the game, and as for the music, there are NES games with better sounds. The soundtrack was pretty good, but the sounds they used were poor.

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 02:39:10 PM »
In Reply To #19

i find Chapel of Dissonance to be the most awesome video game
music ever created.

Lydie is a wonderfull lady for the hero to save.

Juste is an old skool Belmont.Who knows me knows how much i enjoy that.

Maxim is a cool "rival" to be recognized in the story.

The castle's aura is an interesting and original idea.

I'll would pretty much say it's a decent game...

the thing is, after you make something like sotn, all you do will and SHOULD be compared to it, because we would expect no less of such a genious.

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Silenced Gamer

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »
I liked Harmony.

The music was great, although the quality wasn't.

The characters were pretty cool, I guess.

The castle, though... It's HUGE. nd it's extremely trippy, I mean, sheesh... I bet this game is a hippie gamer's best friend. It's like Juste was on LSD. What would've been weirder is if you saw Lucy in the sky with diamonds, or you fought walruses and eggmen.

So, the game was good, a bit trippy, and the music was good (What Castlevania game has EVER had bad music?) but with bad quality. I liked Harmony, and I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 04:03:45 PM »
Quote from: Raphael Belmont
Lydie is a wonderfull lady for the hero to save.

She had no personality at all.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
(What Castlevania game has EVER had bad music?)

Circle of the Moon. Rehash galore! :D

Offline diobrando

• Castlevania Chronicler
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »
Since were talking about Harmony of Dissonance; here's my obsevation about its similarities with Circle of the Moon.

- Both games focused on a brewing rivalry between two friends. Circle of the Moon had Nathan Graves and Hugh Baldwin; while Harmony of Dissonance had Juste Belmont and Maxim Kischne.
- Both rivals used swords/blades as their main weapon against the hero. Hugh Baldwin had the powerful blade he got from Carmilla, while Maxim Kischne had his Stellar Sword. While both heroes used whips as their weapon of choice. Nathan Graves has his "Hunter Whip" while Juste Belmont has the "Vampire Killer" whip.
- Both heroes had to fuse two items to create a powerful spell. Nathan Graves fused 2 DSS cards (a attribute and element card) while Juste fused a spellbook and a sub-weapon.
- Both games featured a partially revived Dracula whom used the blood of the hero's friend/relative to regain power which both of the rivals care so much about. Circle of the Moon used Morris Baldwin, while Harmony of Dissonance used Lydie Erlanger.
- Both heroes were abit inexperienced and are still in training as both Nathan and Juste were still undergoing training at the time Dracula's castle appeared.
- And both heroes were the youngest vampire hunters to earn their respective whips.
- And last, both the main characters in both games sported the same hair colors. Nathan and Juste both have white/silver hair, while Hugh and Maxim both have jet black hair.

After noticing such similarities, I believe that HoD was IGA's "remake" of CotM of some sort.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 11:11:02 PM »
In Reply To #24

Very interesting!

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 04:23:54 AM »
In Reply To #22

don't think so...

if you pay attention to her you'll see she is all "bossy"
and cute and blonde...gotta love her!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 04:58:02 AM »
Hah.. Julia from CoD still had more personality than her, & that's not really saying much.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 05:04:48 AM »
Well the only real scene where she's in is the ending. Other than that she's busy being kidnapped by flying skeleton or bitten.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 01:38:57 PM »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »
Nor all the knights can be courtly, nor all the courtiers can nor they should be horsemen: of everything it has there to be in the world; a lot of horsemen are, but it is going a lot of difference of some the other ones; because the courtiers, without leaving of your rooms, nor of the thresholds of the cut, they walk through the whole world, looking at a map, without to cost them a coin nor to suffer heat, nor cold, nor hunger, nor thirst; but us other, the true errant horsemen, in the sun, to the cold, to the air, to the askings of the sky, at night and in the daytime, to foot and horse, we polished the whole earth; and we didn't only meet the painted enemies, we met them in your own one to be, and to all it plans them and in every occasion we attacked them, without looking to trifles nor challenge levels.

ok I cant take it anymore!!!! Ive seen your sig everywhere your postin and its killin me! Your sig is entirely way too long man... way too long.

Tags:

anything