Poll

Which marvel movie did you think was the best this year?

Captain America
7 (58.3%)
Thor
1 (8.3%)
Xmen First Class
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Best Marvel movie of the year  (Read 5144 times)

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Best Marvel movie of the year
« on: July 23, 2011, 09:55:49 PM »
I think we are done with Marvel movies for the year so it begs the question, which of these three did you like more? Here are my thoughts:
Thor: Was a nice and cheezy movie that didn't really do anything risky or impressive. The thing that hurts this movie for me was how Odin punished Thor, in the comics when Odin banishes Thor to earth he is turned into an old man to learn humility. How is keeping him a buff dude teaching him humility? Also Jane Foster's relationship with him was extremely rushed. Not horrible but easily the weakest of the three movies, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Xmen First Class: Easily my new favorite Xmen movie right up there with the second one. It told the past of Xavier and Magneto in an interesting way and while it didn't really follow the comics, it did it's own thing and worked with it. The acting was great, the action scenes were cool, and the characters were well represented. My only complaint is that they kind of rushed the ending a little, but its kind of a minor complaint.
Captain America: I was so excited to hear one of my favorite Avengers would be getting his own movie, and it was great! It told the story very well and they gave a good explanation as to why he deserved his powers. Also it had the most believable relationship in a marvel movie to date, it was built up well and wasn't rushed like Thor. The action scenes were very cool too, I liked some of the nifty things Cap did with his sheild, and the Hydra soldiers looked really cool. My only complaint was Red Skull, I felt that he could have been a better villain in this movie but I love the guy who acted him(he also did Mr. Anderson in The Matrix I believe) and it wasn't terrible just kinda generic. Great movie though.
So my favorite has to be: Captain America. It just got so much right in my opinion, it had great characters, set pieces, and it was just a blast to watch. First Class WAS my favorite before this movie, it is very close though it's glaring issue mostly being it's ending. So what did you guys think?
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 11:27:44 PM »
Have only seen Thor, can't really form an opinion on the others. Thor kept me entertained enough, but it felt slow, just like Iron Man 1 and 2, and right around the same part, the middle.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »
Ive only seen First Class from the new Marvel movies so I cant really judge fairly either. Xmen was pretty damn good

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 06:56:35 PM »
Enjoyed both Thor and X-Men... more X-Men than Thor as Thor was mostly fun but very thin on plot really. First Class really surpassed the first movie IMO. Can't wait to have a look at Cap America... and roll on The Avengers!
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:31:34 PM »
I've noted several problems with Thor. One of those issues is that they have multiple races acting as Norse gods. That goes against what Norse gods are. Nordic people. It was not well thought out. My brother Also felt that they should've had a really tall and bulky man play Thor rather then what was given. I have yet to see Captain America but since it's essentually a WWII-ish file I might enjoy it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »
First Class for sure. I saw that one at the theater and was pretty entertained the whole movie. They even fixed that whole deal with Magneto's costume and Wolvie made a short cameo. Alot of people hated on Origins but I loved that movie. It had a gritty feel to it unlike the over the top x-men movies. (Not that they were bad, I'm a big fan of the 2nd one.) I got the same feeling with First Class, new cast and all. Xavier and Erik rocked that movie! It really was put together well. I think the only movie I liked better was TF3.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 11:32:31 PM »
Saw Captain America couple days ago, in 3D. The movie impressed me, the 3D effects actually felt like they worked for this film (I actually ducked at one part of this film), lots of buildup though before he becomes the comic book character we know him as. Ending was rather nice too, good thing they put it in there, but sadly didn't stay around long enough for The Avengers trailer at the end of the credits, damn. :(

Offline Stasonio

• Lying drunk in a ditch by the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Best Marvel movie of the year
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 07:43:24 AM »
Choosing the best movie is tough, but you all got to admit, First Class's Wolverine cameo was certainly the best (or at least the most hilarious) scene by far!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:44:55 AM by Stasonio »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 02:23:09 PM »
Marvel should really stop doing the X-men films until they can find writers who know anything about continuity.
other than the Complete shift of character Magneto has at the end.... and that silly ass helmet.... and that silly ass villian who wears it,
First class was pretty entertaining, but Severely has continuity errors.

That or Reboot the first 3 movies with a new 3

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
Um, Marvel Studios has nothing to do with the X-Men movies. Blame FOX for screwing up the franchise.

Marvel Studios is responsible for Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 1&2, Thor, CapAm & Avengers. Everything else (Spider-Man, etc.) belong to different studios under different contracts.

edit: Also, did anyone notice First Class was the first Marvel movie to NOT feature a Stan Lee cameo??
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:15:01 PM by Crisis »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 04:57:14 PM »
Um, Marvel Studios has nothing to do with the X-Men movies. Blame FOX for screwing up the franchise.

Marvel Studios is responsible for Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 1&2, Thor, CapAm & Avengers. Everything else (Spider-Man, etc.) belong to different studios under different contracts.

edit: Also, did anyone notice First Class was the first Marvel movie to NOT feature a Stan Lee cameo??

True, and thx for giving me the true purps behind the X-Men Story massacre.

Is Marvel studios doing the new spiderman?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Best Marvel movie of the year
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 01:37:16 PM »
Marvel should really stop doing the X-men films until they can find writers who know anything about continuity.
other than the Complete shift of character Magneto has at the end.... and that silly ass helmet.... and that silly ass villian who wears it,
First class was pretty entertaining, but Severely has continuity errors.

That or Reboot the first 3 movies with a new 3

Keep in mind that what the creator of first class did was take the general past of Xavier and Erik but changed it. Its not meant to be in the main continuity, it is in a continuity of it's own and I think it does a lot of things BETTER than what the comics did. Every actor was believable and all the events that lead up to the final showdown made sense! I especially loved Beast's development, that was a very interesting take on him. Really saying that it has continuity errors is kinda redundant when the creator didn't even intend it to be in the same continuity as the main movie series of the comics, he did his own thing. No different from the creator of the last 2 batman films and the upcoming third one, those movies deviate heavily from the source material and yet they were still highly praised movies for good reasons.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 08:46:46 PM »

Not true, are you forgetting Blade? But, apparantly Stan had an appearance in the movie, but they cut it out...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:49:29 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 01:58:48 PM »
Is Marvel studios doing the new spiderman?

Could anybody PLEASE tell me why the hell are they remaking the Spiderman story?
PLEASE?? Pretty please?? It's been less than 10 years since the original movie. That teenage wannabe drama doesn't NEED a remake. That sounds like a lame excuse to squeeze more money out of nerdy Marvel fanboys, like that totally unnecessary remake of Conan the Barbarian. 
Dammit Hollywood, stop selling us that crap.   
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »
Could anybody PLEASE tell me why the hell are they remaking the Spiderman story?
PLEASE?? Pretty please?? It's been less than 10 years since the original movie. That teenage wannabe drama doesn't NEED a remake. That sounds like a lame excuse to squeeze more money out of nerdy Marvel fanboys, like that totally unnecessary remake of Conan the Barbarian. 
Dammit Hollywood, stop selling us that crap.   

I agree this is starting to get ridiculous. BTW no one will ever be a better Conan than Arnold, the guy was freaking born to play that role!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:23:14 PM by knightmere »

Tags:

anything