Poll

Which marvel movie did you think was the best this year?

Captain America
7 (58.3%)
Thor
1 (8.3%)
Xmen First Class
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Best Marvel movie of the year  (Read 5136 times)

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »
Thor, I felt, punched far underneath what could have been considerable cinematic weight, given the pedigree of it's director. Did well at the box office, but that's not everything. There still has to be plot there.

X-Men was excellent, notwithstanding Kevin Bacon's meh performance, and thoroughly erased the memory of the debacle that was The Last Stand from my mind. I actually enjoyed Origins : Wolverine a lot more than that aforementioned.

Captain America was everything Thor wasn't: an enjoyable cheesy Marvel romp. And also better for having more substance to the film than Thor.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
BTW no one will ever be a better Conan than Arnold, the guy was freaking born to play that role!

QFT, and also I think the 1982 film is a true underrated masterpiece. It's a tale of fantasy that has something which more recent fantasy films lack. So many great scenes in the movie, like the memorable Wheel of Pain (the whole scene is so metaphoric it deserves an award).
Arnold's Conan is a fascinating character. He is a man of action and talks very little, much less than other characters. He is the complete opposite of Tulsa Doom, a tyrant turned cult-leader who uses his tongue to seduce followers in his plot to become all-powerful.
I wonder if that is Conan's personality as described by Roger Howard.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 12:12:17 AM »
Thor Kinda Sucked, there wasn't anything interesting to go on in the first place, hell Thor as the character kinda sucks being the not-so this or that.

X-Men First Class... I wanna say I love it, I REALLY do, but there was alot of stupid shit forced into the movie to really enjoy it, I'll give a good example...
Magneto at the last act, boy this pisses me off on many occasions. not only did he do a 180 for no reason, at that point he also somehow completely master his powers.
I call major Bullshits on that.
Plus every scene with Kevin Bacon made me laugh on how goofy that shit was.
everything else in the movie was really enjoyable though, there were more sweet spots than sour ones, but boy the sour ones were bad.

Captain America was a perfect superhero movie where it balances the goofyness and the serious parts in the right proportions, every actor took thier role seriously and had fun with it as well. I expect the new spiderman to have this formula.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 06:23:40 AM »
Magneto at the last act, boy this pisses me off on many occasions. not only did he do a 180 for no reason, at that point he also somehow completely master his powers.

It sounds like you weren't paying attention then.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »
It sounds like you weren't paying attention then.
I must have missed something sinse Charles Read his thoughts pretty much throughout the movie and he never Floated til that point (Besides the fact that there wasn't enough metal on the costumes to do so IMO)
my big problem is that he never showed any type of change in his motives other than Pride and Revenge only on Kevin Bacon.
I was atually shocked how well written Magneto was until that last point.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything