Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: wreck-it ralph  (Read 9957 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »
I dunno, oddly when the game in the trailer started, I couldnt help but think, is that the prologue to castlevania 1?

Wreck-It Ralph Official Trailer #1 (2012) Disney Animated Movie HD
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:18:39 AM »
I don't know if I can label this as original or Disney REALLY running out of ideas for their films.

"Hmmm... For our next movie... How about we write a story of... Two horses who are in love. But then... One of them is sold... and then the two are forced to fight for opposing officers... in the American civil war! Alright, great success!"

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 06:06:50 AM »
+1
The intro jingle IS totally an homage to Castlevania's Intro with Simon walking to the Castle Gate.
Also, I totally wanna see this movie.  Is it real?  That's awesome.

FINALLY, videogames are getting a little recognition in movies (actual games, not game franchises).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 07:16:45 AM »
+1
Annnd of course, Wily was taken out of the support group and replaced with generic mcninja.

Y u do dis capcom.

also, Zangief is totally a "bad guy" because he's Russian. Arent Russians one of the go to enemies for FPS war games and shit these days? IDK.

I definitely want to see this movie though. But its going to be tough spotting cameos in scenes like the station place! thats a job for the DVD release and the pause function.

Also this totally brings back feelings of Toy Story, only this time dealing with Videogames.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:19:11 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 07:25:23 AM »
Actually I think he's a bad guy henchman to Bison (who's also there), in the SF movie.
But yeah in the canon he's not a bad guy (that I know of).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 07:41:45 AM »
I actually would love to see this movie. Kinda takes me back to childhood of my own when the first mention of video games intertwined with cartoons, TV shows and movies.

It all started with Saturday Supercade and Pacman. Movies here and then like Tron, a portion of this movie Nightmares with Emilio Estevez called The Bishop of Battle came along with a video game obsessed punk rock kid and maybe one or two more came along. Then Super Mario Bros Super Show and Captain N went on the air on TV. Then the first real full length movie movie about video games called The Wizard came out about the autistic kid who was good at video games which was the first showing of Super Mario Bros 3. Finally once Sonic, Megaman, Kirby and Pokemon arrived it all became mainstream.

This is the first time Disney is doing something like this though, and I applaud them for it.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »
not sure who the well endowed blue chick is between the bumblebee colored robot and the pink rhino, but to see bowser and Dr Eggman, as well as bison etc in the same scene, mind blown for me, lol

this movie brings me back to remembering who framed roger rabbit a bit. and toy story, who didnt wish their collection of action figures came to life when you werent around?

from wikipedia:

CastJohn C. Reilly as Wreck-It Ralph[2]
Jack McBrayer as Fix-It Felix Jr.[2][7]
Jane Lynch as Sergeant Calhoun[2]
Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz[2]
Jamie Elman as Turtle
Gerald C. Rivers as M. Bison from Street Fighter II[8]
Stefanie Scott as TBA[9]
TBA as Clyde from Pac-Man[7][10]
TBA as Zangief from Street Fighter II[1][10]
TBA as Zombie (based on Cyril from The House of the Dead)[11]
Concept art for the film has suggested that Wreck-It Ralph will feature cameo appearances from a number of video game characters. The characters exhibited thus far include:

Bowser from Super Mario Bros.[1][10]
Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Ivo Robotnik) from Sonic the Hedgehog[1][10]
Q*Bert, Coily the Snake, Slick and Ugg from Q*bert[5]
Kano from Mortal Kombat[7]
Chun-Li and Cammy from Street Fighter II[12] [10]
Neff from Altered Beast[11]
Paperboy from Paperboy[11]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:43:37 PM by Omegasigma »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 02:05:49 PM »
Looks like a fun flick. I'll definitely go see it.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 04:33:36 PM »
I also have to agree with Jorge on this movie as well, normally games are nodded or referenced to, never like this though.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 12:02:37 PM »
I'm actually interested in this movie as well. :O

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 05:05:37 AM »
+1
I wonder if a quasi-retro release of the Wreck-it Ralph game will be produced to accompany the movie. That would be awesome.

Well, I'll be damned; http://disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/#/fixitfelix
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:49:47 AM by uzo »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 07:30:37 PM »
well wow.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
a shot of Villians-Anon: I only recongize Bowser, Bison, and Eggman, and I think thats Clyde from pacman, not 100% sure

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 09:18:22 AM »
That robot looks like one of the robots from that Gneesis game where you could rip off the body parts of other robots and fuse them with your robot. Cyberbots or something like that.

AND THE BEHOLDER IS IN THERE TOO!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »
+1
a shot of Villians-Anon: I only recongize Bowser, Bison, and Eggman, and I think thats Clyde from pacman, not 100% sure

Of those able to be identified in this picture:

- Bowser
- Zangief
- Eggman
- M. Bison
- Clyde (Pac-Man)
- Neff (Altered Beast)
- Beholder (Any D&D)
- Kano
- Cyril Zombie (House of the Dead)

Tags: