Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820947 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #480 on: May 21, 2012, 08:33:32 PM »
I hope we see more original Belmonts native to this timeline too rather than mirror versions

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #481 on: May 21, 2012, 08:34:19 PM »
Wait, so is Ps3/360 still getting anything here? I dont wanna have to buy new consoles for this... :C
Lords 2 is coming to all the major consoles, WiiU included.
I hope we see more original Belmonts native to this timeline too rather than mirror versions
Likewise, but Simon sounds too amazing to pass up.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #482 on: May 21, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »
Wait, so is Ps3/360 still getting anything here? I dont wanna have to buy new consoles for this... :C

PS3, 360 and presumably the Wii U will get the console sequel.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
Wii U was already a definate purchase for me, since, y'know, Smash Bros.. Metroid DreadZelda..

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
Wait a second.

The rumors say Co-Op is involved. Didn't David post a picture of two actors in LED lights doing pushups?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #485 on: May 21, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »
Wait a second.

The rumors say Co-Op is involved. Didn't David post a screenshot of two guys in LED lights doing pushups?

They could be exercising onset, gearing up for fancy acrobatic moves. But yeah, with the rumors of characters and this report, it seems like it will indeed have multiple characters.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #486 on: May 21, 2012, 08:44:31 PM »
So going off of what we know, who do you think will be the two protagonist for the 3DS game?

Trevor and Alucard?

Or Trevor and Simon?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #487 on: May 21, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
Trevor and Alucard?
This. And a cameo of Sypha and Grant.

IDK, but these times spark a certain flame inside of me. Man, I missed this.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #488 on: May 21, 2012, 08:47:06 PM »
I would hope Alucard and Trevor. I hope if Simon is in the game, he's a child or something. It is uncanny to wrap my head on the reboot with Trevor and Simon being so close together.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #489 on: May 21, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »
So going off of what we know, who do you think will be the two protagonist for the 3DS game?
Trevor and Alucard.

I'm only assuming Simon will be the protag in the console game, unless it takes place in modern times there's no way Simon will be there since he's supposedly Trevor's son.

I wonder if Sypha will show up, can't make a baby with one person.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: May 21, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »

Trevor and Alucard?

Or Trevor and Simon?

Personally, I'd like Trevor and Alucard. Even better if they throw Sypha and Grant in there too.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #491 on: May 21, 2012, 08:52:01 PM »
Why are they(we?) skipping Christopher & going straight to Simon? Am I the only one realizing this?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #492 on: May 21, 2012, 08:52:48 PM »
Why are they(we?) skipping Christopher & going straight to Simon? Am I the only one realizing this?
Christopher isn't that well known.

I'm wondering who the Belmont will be when they eventually hit 1999 in the timeline, or whenever the prologue took place.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #493 on: May 21, 2012, 08:53:34 PM »

Because the portable games exist in a double non-canon universe now, silly goose.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #494 on: May 21, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »
+2
First off, thanks OSM for the PM, I appreciate you taking the time.  ;)

Second, if all this business about Trevor & Alucard being in Mirror of Fate and then Simon being in the console sequel, this may be the most epic time for the whole franchise; fiinally, a completely fresh re-imagining of the series starting from the beginning of Dracula.

And since it could very well be going back to the roots of the series that we all love so much, maybe it'll finally get the incessant post LoS whiners & haters to shut the fuck up and quit bitching at each other achieve SOME harmony to offset our current dissonance.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:57:38 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Tags: .....?