Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821036 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #585 on: May 22, 2012, 09:05:11 AM »
+4
I don't care if music is chiptune, orchestrated or Norvegian black metal, but I really want it to be more melodic.

Most of LoS' score is orchestrated ambient music, but pieces like "The Final Battle" or the Main Theme of LoS (that have more melodies) are really cool.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #586 on: May 22, 2012, 09:08:17 AM »
+1
But listening to this, perhaps Araujo could make a simpler soundtrack, like he did in Scrapland
timecode music scrapland ost
Scrapland - Ending (HD)
VGM Hall Of Fame: Scrapland - Welcome
I've been watching some videos of this game, and man these guys are great at graphics, I mean, it's a 2004 game. I'd be glad if the 3DS game loked like this.

This is why I have no issue with Araujo. He's a talented composer with the ability to compose multiple kinds of music, and on top of that, we know Cox and MercurySteam are aware of the fans and what they are saying. With that combination, I think we could get a really bang up Castlevania soundtrack out of Araujo.

If I remember correctly, the Kid Icarus: Uprising music was orchestrated. Perhaps we'll see the same with MoF.

Seeing how it no longer takes an orchestra to get orchestrated music, I wouldn't be surprised if we do.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #587 on: May 22, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »
+1
There's also Masahiko Kimura, co-composer of DoS, plus that guy who composed for some of DXC and OoE. Both of them were good.

And there's always hope that Yuzo Koshiro will come back.

Koshiro has quite possibly the smallest catalog of any other Castlevania composer when it came to making music for the games. I think about 5 tracks, all from Portrait of Ruin no less, are all he's ever done. Of all of the composers, he seems the least likely to be brought in. Yamane, Ichihashi, and Kuramochi seem like more likely candidates if Araujo is not doing the music.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #588 on: May 22, 2012, 09:31:36 AM »
+1
Certainely Ichihashi or Kuramochi. They did the most recent ones (HD, etc.) and Yamane left Konami after OoE.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #589 on: May 22, 2012, 10:01:53 AM »
+2
It would be absolutely nuts if Mercury Steam and IGA were working on MoF together. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was happening. 2D Castlevania is IGA's forte after all.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #590 on: May 22, 2012, 10:21:49 AM »
+2
T
It would be absolutely nuts if Mercury Steam and IGA were working on MoF together. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was happening. 2D Castlevania is IGA's forte after all.

That would certainly be interesting, the end result could be quite good.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #591 on: May 22, 2012, 10:29:01 AM »
+1
That's valid, but I mentioned framerate being worse originally too. I'm saying the actual graphics look fine, it isn't a 360/ps3 that's rendering this. This was made with those systems in mind....

My main point was the castlevania game for 3ds was BUILT from the ground up for the 3DS, that's the main difference.
That's the problem. The game was delayed, A LOT, and they promised the same game on all platforms. Guess what? The 3DS version sucks (BTW, the problem with the image are the simplified backgrounds and enviroment, the vines are almost just a line; muddy and blurry colors and low, very low resolution). The Vita and Wii versions are identical to the PC/PS360 versions, INCLUDING the 60FPS. If they couldn't do that on the 3DS, I prefer them not releasing there at all.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #592 on: May 22, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »
+2
The whole IGA+Cox thing is  actually what I've been WANTING since a WHILE now. The presentation of LoS was top notch. A collab between IGA, Cox and MS would be godly.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #593 on: May 22, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »
Igarashi + Cox?  Hmmm....

Honestly I think producers tend to take too much credit for their teams' work, but that's the way of the world I suppose...

If I understand the rumors correctly, Mercury Steam is in charge of developing these games.  So even if Igarashi is somehow involved, it seems his Akumajo Dracula team is not.  Perhaps Igarashi would be a figurehead much like Hideo Kojima was for Lords of Shadow --it would be a smart PR move to placate disgruntled fans.  One thing is for certain --we need to get some hard news.  I get the feeling half of what we're reading here is speculation...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #594 on: May 22, 2012, 10:52:54 AM »
+4
Who the hell was going through the last 2 pages -1 ing everyone?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #595 on: May 22, 2012, 10:53:53 AM »
+2
I just want this to hit a home run konami. I means is it odd that I want these games to sell well over a million copies, get a front cover on magazines like gameinformer, and have long ass commercials and stuff.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #596 on: May 22, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »
+4

Idk but they sure as hell like doing it to me everytime I post....

waits for it

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #597 on: May 22, 2012, 10:58:42 AM »
+2
I just want this to hit a home run konami. I means is it odd that I want these games to sell well over a million copies, get a front cover on magazines like gameinformer, and have long ass commercials and stuff.
Yep, it's now or never. Konami, this is your chance to make Castlevania sit atop with the most important franchises.
A WiiU launch title will give them an advantage, and God knows that if this "CV in ALL platforms" is real, this will be the most important release in franchise's history.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #598 on: May 22, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »
+3

Idk but they sure as hell like doing it to me everytime I post....

waits for it

If someone can do that then I will plus everyone for the next two pages.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #599 on: May 22, 2012, 11:04:31 AM »
+1
I've been away for awhile...  What are these respect points and how do they work?

Tags: .....?