Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Akumajo Dracula XX (SFC) vs Dracula X (SNES): Differences?  (Read 5844 times)

Offline Faran Koshan

• Jedi Vampire Killer
  • Dracula...ist auferstanden.
    • Awards
Akumajo Dracula XX (SFC) vs Dracula X (SNES): Differences?
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:10:33 PM »
Are there any differences between that two games that might make one better than the other? Besides text of course, as far as level-design, sprites, palettes, music & controls, are the games identical? Or are these games vastly different?

If so, which is better and why?
...des Wolfs, der Fledermaus oder des Nebels annehmen.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Akumajo Dracula XX (SFC) vs Dracula X (SNES): Differences?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »
DXX has Richter bleeding when he dies rather than turning into water or whatever they want you to believe in the US one. The cross subweapon is actually shaped like a cross, and the title screen looks mega bad-ass with the bloody crosses forming the Xs.

Nothing really substantial.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:21:04 AM »
Death's death animation was censored in the US version. He just simply vanish whereas in the JPN version his head is cut off by his own scythe.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:22:42 AM by Pemburu Vampir »

Offline Faran Koshan

• Jedi Vampire Killer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 01:32:35 AM »
Death's death animation was censored in the US version. He just simply vanish whereas in the JPN version his head is cut off by his own scythe.

That's awesome! You guys helped a lot! Now I know which version better fits my taste... ;)
(Clue: Not water deaths...)

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 01:47:06 AM »
Other than the above mentioned, there's not much aside from some censorships. Also maybe its just me, but some of the enemies and bosses in Dracula X have some pretty dumb collisions. And Richter's backflip seems higher than it was in RoB.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Faran Koshan

• Jedi Vampire Killer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 02:15:20 AM »
Backflips ought to be a move Gabriel Belmont could purchase in Lords of Shadow... I would love a Richter pallete swap if they offered that as downloadable content...

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 04:43:34 PM »
The difference is that buying Dracula XX complete with box and manual is cheaper than buying a standalone cart of Dracula X. :p And you get Richter's bloody death to boot; just sucks to not be able to read the text!

That Vampire's Kiss logo and title screen are so damn swell. Wish the game had been called that in the States.

Oddly, in this case, the Japanese title screen is the most uninteresting; unlike the SFC version of CV IV, which is waaaay awesome with the dripping blood and The Coolest Logo in a Castlevania Game, Ever.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:46:56 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything