Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Go watch Alita: Battle Angel in theaters! Please!  (Read 4947 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Go watch Alita: Battle Angel in theaters! Please!
« on: February 21, 2019, 09:49:00 PM »
+1
I really, really want them to make Alita 2. At this point, I almost don't care if they screw up the story even more. I'm just so happy that the first movie didn't suck at all like I thought it would. Even my fiancee liked it and she went in with no foreknowledge of the manga. I think they ruined the ending by putting a flashback before the climax and Makaku/Grewishka's story was dumbed down way too much in my opinion, but most changes I was able to forgive and still enjoy the film. The CGI was effin' incredible! Some of the full-body movements were a little awkward, but the DESIGNS of those bodies were amazing!

So please, please, please go watch it in theaters. And if you like it, buy it on DVD or Blu-Ray when it comes out. Let James Cameron know his endeavor was appreciated!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Go watch Alita: Battle Angel in theaters! Please!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 03:05:35 AM »
I'll be checking it out soon!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 06:04:42 AM »
I plan to. I basically never like live-action adaptations of manga/anime, so I'm still not expecting much, but it's my favorite manga series, so I still feel compelled to see it.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 02:03:33 AM »
I thought it was coo'. Never read the manga, though. I'll happily see a sequel if it's made, hopefully with Rodriguez still directing.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 05:45:10 AM »
No, it has big eyes, which should not be on a live action adaption! I can accept it when it's drawn, but that trailer I saw creeped me the hell out.

I think there's an anime, and one day I'll find and watch it though.

Edit: The OVA was easier to find subbed than I thought. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 06:05:46 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Succubus

• Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 06:07:58 AM »
IIRC, they toned down the eyes some after the backlash over the first trailer, so if you haven't seen any later footage, you may want to check it out. She still looks freaky, though.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 01:43:43 AM »
I plan to go see it too.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Succubus

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 06:46:44 AM »
It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was still pretty entertaining. Certainly better than most live-action adaptations of anime and manga. It was very out of order of the manga, and they shoehorned in some stuff they totally made up, but I didn't mind that too much. It seemed like they took a lot of inspiration from the OVA too. I just wish the end of the Hugo arc had more impact. It hits like a sucker punch in the manga and OVA, but I feel like the movie was trying to squeeze in so much that they don't give the course of events with Hugo the time to breathe and sink in.

Tags: