Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So I get kicked out the gym today...  (Read 8107 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: December 22, 2015, 02:02:16 PM »
So I wanted to post this situation today to get feedback from members, particularly women as well. Just wanted to know everyone's opinions or if you might even think I was wrong.

I am so sick of this bullshit double standard regarding "entitled" females and males in the US. Check this story out, I got kicked out of a Planet Fitness today and I am a VIP member.

I was using a decline bench and walked away to catch my breath, as I was coming back a female was moving my stuff out of the way to get on the bench.

I calmly told her that she was "stealing" my bench, wasn't rude or anything. She proceeded to get this bitchy attitude with me about how i shouldn't leave equipment unattended, blah blah. I didn't say anything. I even gave her a sarcastic " thank you" once she left. Hell, I would of let her have the bench if she wasn't rude.

As I was going to another machine, a manager (who I have spoken with several times and never had a problem with) approached me about the situation. I was very respectful, told him what happened very calmly. He said he understood, but he just needed to let me know to which I told him I understood. As we are talking that female was still in earshot (Not that I cared) and decided to bring her ass over and start trying to give me the riot act again about what she thought I should be doing.

Right away I proceeded to put my hand up and tell her that she ain't the manager nor am I her man and I don't need to listen to anything she has to say. Then I turned back to her and started to walk away. As I did, she started cursing at me with the F bomb asking who do I think I was..etc. The manager did started to try to check her turning his attention to her.

As this woman( that I didn't know) started trying to curse me out, I went into Vegeta Mode and shut her down real quick loud as hell.
She wasn't expecting that. As I was, her man was approaching to grab her dumb@$$ to remove her from the situation. I told him to get his woman in check and no one talks to me that way..

As this was happening, a black manager (who I never really spoke with only in passing) came up to me and told me that I had to leave, that they worked there and didn't need any "mess."

Of course I calmly explained the situation and asked why I had to leave to which he tried to say I was "super setting" and I checked him and I replied no, I just walked away and turned right back around to my bench like everyone else in the gym was doing. He then tried to backtrack and tell me that I was the only one he heard getting loud.

I then informed him the previous manager was there for the entire situation and saw everything that happened to which he replied he did! (He was standing right there.)

The dude wouldn't even let me finish my workout (I was pretty much done anyways) and I had to get my stuff from the locker room. After I got my gear, I calmly reiterated to this black manager why I was leaving again and that I would leave.

As i was walking out with my gear the female was with her man (looking in distress giving him the riot act.) To show that I wasn't a punk (nor scared) I went up to him and calmly apologized TO HIM (in front of her) if I offended her, but why I did and that no one talks to me like that. He said he understood.

As I was speaking to him this chick was still running off at the mouth to me, saying how she was a woman and how dare I talk to her like that, etc. and that I shouldn't talk to a "woman" that way. (Really?).

I responded to her disrespectful ass that you shouldn't talk to ANYONE that way. And then shut her ass down again, cutting her off as I was walking out.

I am only responding to what she put out there and I gave her dumb@$$ a pass in the initial encounter! I have come to the conclusion that most women (especially in the states) don't want equality they want superiority but don't want to put the work in it to achieve that goal they want it given to them (i.e. laws) by a man none the less.

They don't want a real man, they want someone they can control. I am done and I am sorry I have standards. All day females can turn their noses up at a guy if they even give a hint of that they might be interested in them, talk shit about a father who wants to be in their child's life but make every attempt to keep that father from their child, pretend they suffer from memory loss if they aren't interested or when a male finally puts their foot down etc.

A good man is hard to find...no women don't deserve a good man. If you aren't willing to chase after me and show me that you want to be with me don't even talk to me.

I'm not happy about the situation but at least I stood up for myself and I hope I ruined the rest of her day.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 03:10:20 PM »
Your first mistake was every getting a membership at Planet Fitness. That is by far the worst gym chain that exists. Don't they serve pizza and bagels to keep their fat fuck customers coming back?

You did everything right except not leave. You should have refused to leave. Screw that bitch. You were respectful by all means until she started acting like a precious little brat princess. I would have just told her to go fuck yourself and put my earphones back on.

Next time, just ignore people like that. I get these fat people with limps trying to tell me how to dead lift sometimes. Sometimes I pretend I don't speak English. Other times when I'm pissed off, I'll tell them to get away from me and let me do my thing.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 04:42:11 PM »
I have a membership with Planet Fitness (that I need to use more often...) and luckily I've not ran into any issues like this.  Generally, if I run into a person with an attitude like this I will just laugh my ass off in their face.  I may try to utter some words and just laugh even harder.  It has been the absolute best response I've ever been able to give an asshole.

I agree with Rugal, if I was being respectful I would have absolutely refused to leave.

Try to find an opening to spritz the cleaning wash on her drink if you ever can.  :D

Sorry it was a shitty experience though, those kinds of days are always a bitch to swallow.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:43:31 PM »
Your first mistake was every getting a membership at Planet Fitness. That is by far the worst gym chain that exists. Don't they serve pizza and bagels to keep their fat fuck customers coming back?

You did everything right except not leave. You should have refused to leave. Screw that bitch. You were respectful by all means until she started acting like a precious little brat princess. I would have just told her to go fuck yourself and put my earphones back on.

Next time, just ignore people like that. I get these fat people with limps trying to tell me how to dead lift sometimes. Sometimes I pretend I don't speak English. Other times when I'm pissed off, I'll tell them to get away from me and let me do my thing.

ROFL, I knew you were going to say that. But I am poor and PF is available and I can do everything I can do at one of the more expensive name brand gyms. It's different for everyone, but for me it's pretty simple lift heavy weights, watch what I eat, and eat ALOT. The rest is just filler.

I already knew if I didn't leave the cops would of been called (On me) and then I would of had to leave (or worst been arrested) anyways.

Remember, I did ignore her at first as I didn't respond to her ignorance in the initial encounter even though I probably should of done so. I just didn't want to start any sh*t with some asshole. I had walked away from my bench and she was in the process of trying to take it as I approached it to come back...I have had this happen before and 10 out of 10 people NEVER had any problems with it. I have even let people do sets on equipment I was using and jumped in with them even though they initially didn't claim it!

So to reiterate, I gave her a pass, was respectful to management, then even tried to remove myself from the situation and still had to leave.

The problem was that I was respectful with management, but had one guy who was there for the whole incident and then the SIMP dude who automatically decided I should have to leave and the other staff member not vouching for me even though he totally verified my plight.

I was also ready to knock out the husband/bf (whatever) I was already waiting for him to come at me as I was checking that woman, but surprisingly he tried to remove her from the situation. He even agreed with me and accepted my apology in her face even though I didn't have to apologize for shit.

At least I didn't let that crap slide and I can live with that. I can go to another PF so it was nothing for me to just bounce.

Thanks Rugal! Any other fitness people or gym rats on here?

I have a membership with Planet Fitness (that I need to use more often...) and luckily I've not ran into any issues like this.  Generally, if I run into a person with an attitude like this I will just laugh my ass off in their face.  I may try to utter some words and just laugh even harder.  It has been the absolute best response I've ever been able to give an asshole.

I agree with Rugal, if I was being respectful I would have absolutely refused to leave.

Try to find an opening to spritz the cleaning wash on her drink if you ever can.  :D

Sorry it was a shitty experience though, those kinds of days are always a bitch to swallow.

Not that big of problem and yes, I could have just ignored her once she came back but no. After the year I have had concerning the opposite sex that's not even an option for me anymore. Call it Sayian Pride whatever, but I am sorry I have more respect for myself than to let anyone just come up to me and start to talk to me like a dog. I bet she'll think twice now about doing that to anyone else and keep her mouth shut, but only one could hope.

At least my life is not boring, I got plenty of problems unfortunately so I am really making the effort not to be anyone's doormat any longer. The world is not fair nor nice, and quite frankly ,I feel like I have been taking advantage of long enough for doing the right thing and being nice because everyone else has not been to me.

It makes things easier for me. I'm pretty simple treat people how you wish to be treated.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 06:11:00 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 06:04:45 PM »
I applaud you for standing up for yourself.  There are too many spineless wimps in this world that cower/cry/run and hide from any form of confrontation.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 06:23:08 PM »
I applaud you for standing up for yourself.  There are too many spineless wimps in this world that cower/cry/run and hide from any form of confrontation.
Thanks man!
(click to show/hide)

Not showing off or anything. But guess I am being Fit Shamed now. Ironically, I have been building this body using only PF.

Funny part is I am not anywhere close to where I want to be. At least I am getting my best King Vegeta impression going.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 08:54:25 PM »
I think you were right to do all of the things you did tbh.

I understand people saying that you shouldn't leave and maybe you shouldn't. However, unfortunately sometimes it's better to stand up for yourself, say your peace and leave because otherwise that other person (in this case the crazy ass bitch) that has a hard on for you will probably escalate it to the law and this does not bode well when the law sees men vs women. You were right imo.

I think you shouldn't generalise against ALL women in the US though, people are just different. I do think there are women that scream equality but desire superiority, that's just my opinion but it's not all women. I would leave it at that.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 09:25:38 PM »
I think you were right to do all of the things you did tbh.

I understand people saying that you shouldn't leave and maybe you shouldn't. However, unfortunately sometimes it's better to stand up for yourself, say your peace and leave because otherwise that other person (in this case the crazy ass bitch) that has a hard on for you will probably escalate it to the law and this does not bode well when the law sees men vs women. You were right imo.

I think you shouldn't generalise against ALL women in the US though, people are just different. I do think there are women that scream equality but desire superiority, that's just my opinion but it's not all women. I would leave it at that.

Thanks Zangetsu!

I did say MOST not all.

Unlike the majority of folks in the United States I have been fortunate to be with in relationships (and meet different cultures) with a variety of women from cultures other than the United States. (To include Japan which I loved and probably wouldn't of left if I didn't have to.)

One common issue that always comes up is no matter the culture of woman it would seem when they become acclimatized to the USA culture of how most women act or what people consider the norm, boastful, materialistic, etc. (which is honestly sad)they take on traits of the people their around and start doing dumb sh*t. Maybe I am wrong and the novelty has worn off and I am just picking the wrong women.

American women are hands down the worst for me though. Most have this entitled attitude and the nicer you are the more you are considered a chump or they want to see what they can get out of you. (For the life of me how can you be too nice to anybody?)

I used to be naive when I was a younger chap, but I've been around long enough in my 36 (next month) years on this planet that I have my sh*t together. Especially that I have a child. That helps puts alot of things in perspective.

Not only do I owe it to myself but to my child to be the best role model I can be for him and teach him things so he knows how to interact with people, how to carry himself, and to have standards for himself. (Simple things that unfortunately the majority of people these days can't handle, especially simple human interactions due to social media.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:32:20 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 09:40:39 PM »
You did right.
I would have bitch-slapped that bitch if I were in your situation.
And that's why I don't go to gyms.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 09:56:06 PM »
Hmm...I'm going to break with most of the other folks here and say you might have handled that better.

I'm not going to defend the woman here--while I'm not ordinarily too trusting of stories like this, I've known you for a while, Darkman, so I think you're telling us the truth here. However, I'd say that you probably made a mistake when you raised your voice at that crazy lady. Yeah, she was in the wrong, and I can't blame you for being pissed. Ultimately, however, even if you think you've had enough of restraining your (assumedly righteous) anger, you ought to *harness* that anger, not let it get the best of you. However much in control you may feel yourself to be, if you end up shouting, you'll convince the people around you (like that other manager you didn't know too well) that you're losing control, thus getting kicked out as you were. If you'd stayed cooler from the beginning (even if you tried to maintain calm after you raised your voice), you might have salvaged the situation and had the satisfaction of watching that loud harpy escorted off the premises by her bf, or perhaps even kicked out herself.

You'll notice that that outcome ended with you on top, not as a "doormat." My advice here isn't based on "white-knighting" or anything like that, it's based off of a cold, logical assessment of what would be most profitable to you--and unemotional, logical thinking is what we men are supposed to be good at. Again, I can understand your desire to not take any more shit from people, but there are many situations in life where keeping quiet at first will end up with *you* having the last laugh. The first aphorism I'll recommend ITT: Revenge is a dish best served cold.

To continue, a general word of advice:

>I could have just ignored her once she came back but no. After the year I have had concerning the opposite sex that's not even an option for me anymore.

Bluntly stated--and I'm again speaking honestly here, as men should to one another--this is a terrible, ultimately self-defeating way of thinking. Real talk, brother: This was some random skank at the gym who you otherwise wouldn't know from Eve, will likely never see again, and most importantly, has no relation whatsoever to your ex-wife and/or any other woman who's crossed you in the past. I can absolutely guarantee that your ex or your female detractors or whoever could not possibly care any less that you "went Vegeta" on some dumb broad.

Not taking any crap from people is all well and good, but that line about the past year makes me think your behavior isn't being entirely influenced by your own desires but rather your lingering bitterness over your troubles with the opposite sex. And that's understandable, but remember this: If you let them--your ex-wife, women in general, whoever--control your behavior in any way, even indirectly, you're *still* giving them power over your life. You don't want that, do you? If you're acting harsher towards random women than you ordinarily would because you're angry at your ex, the only effect that will have, in the long run, is her laughing all the way to the bank if (or when) you should ever slip up and allow that anger to make you do something truly foolish. Do you want to give her that satisfaction? Hell no! So rather than make a scene out of the misguided belief that showing up some random bimbo makes any difference at all in the grand scheme of things, base your actions entirely and only on what will pragmatically benefit you the most. I'm not saying you shouldn't stand up for yourself, I'm saying you should stand up for yourself in ways that benefit you in the long term, even if they're less cathartic in the short term. That broad was up in your face? Don't go "Vegeta" on her, think Piccolo. Break off, and when she follows you, tell the closest manager that she's going crazy and you want nothing to do with her. He'd have seen how cool you were being, as the other guy would have, which probably would have resulted in her venting on those two in addition (or possibly instead of) to you, and the whole thing would have ended in you smiling as you saw her kicked out one way or another.

TL; DR: Two more aphorisms for you: The opposite of love isn't hate, but indifference, and anger that burns hot burns brightly, but anger that burns cold burns deeper.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Lumi Kløvstad

• Specialist in Revolutions, Smuggling, Gunrunning, Bootlegging, and Orgies
  • Master Hunter
  • Simon's in goddamn Smash
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 10:14:39 PM »
Listen to Gunny, Dark.

Raading your account, there are clear bits where you manage to unintentionally place yourself equally in the wrong, and no staff anywhere will appreciate you "going Vegeta" on other paying customers regardless of how in the wrong the other person is or how right you began as.

The moment you lost your temper, even a little, you gave them a justification to throw you out. Your conduct leaving the club would also be unacceptable. If you have a problem with someone, address them directly. Don't use anyone else as a proxy as it's simply uncivil.
How not to be a dark lord: the answer to that is a terribly interesting answer that involves an almost Jedi-like adherence to keeping oneself under control and finding ways to be true to yourself in a way that doesn't encourage the worst parts of you to become dangerously exaggerated and instead feeds your better nature. Also, protip: don't fuck with Alchemy or strike up any deals with ancient Japanese Shinigami gods no matter how tempting the deal or how suavely dressed the Shinigami is.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 11:40:19 PM »
I agree with Gunlord. But it's also clear that you were the victim from the sounds of thing. Using righteous anger but on a more controlled, and logical level would have worked better in your favor, and served to bring her down a notch or two. Knowledgeable wit will win out against uncontrolled anger in every social situation. Yeah, that kind of attitude of hers is very much of the spoiled princess whom expects the world to role on its back for her. It's obvious that her husband/bf was well aware of her tantrum which is why he understood your position (even with your explanation) and chose not to take her side. He has to live with that shit a lot more then you do so I kinda feel sorry for him now. It's also interesting that this makes me think of that other thread where we were talking about the human ego and how it can influence, control, and manipulate at the worst of times. This lady was riding her ego quite plainly, and blindly believed she was in the right despite doing and acting on the contrary. If a person's ego is undisciplined and uncontrolled, people like her will be the dead-end result every time. That's a historical fact and she just proved it. I find it's people like this that should be institutionalized for a time till they can at least function nominally in society. But that's just my personal opinion on them.

The first aphorism I'll recommend ITT: Revenge is a dish best served cold.

"It is very cold...in space." -Khan Noonien Singh
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:43:44 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 07:42:30 AM »

Thanks Zangetsu!

I did say MOST not all.

Unlike the majority of folks in the United States I have been fortunate to be with in relationships (and meet different cultures) with a variety of women from cultures other than the United States. (To include Japan which I loved and probably wouldn't of left if I didn't have to.)

One common issue that always comes up is no matter the culture of woman it would seem when they become acclimatized to the USA culture of how most women act or what people consider the norm, boastful, materialistic, etc. (which is honestly sad)they take on traits of the people their around and start doing dumb sh*t. Maybe I am wrong and the novelty has worn off and I am just picking the wrong women.

American women are hands down the worst for me though. Most have this entitled attitude and the nicer you are the more you are considered a chump or they want to see what they can get out of you. (For the life of me how can you be too nice to anybody?)

I used to be naive when I was a younger chap, but I've been around long enough in my 36 (next month) years on this planet that I have my sh*t together. Especially that I have a child. That helps puts alot of things in perspective.

Not only do I owe it to myself but to my child to be the best role model I can be for him and teach him things so he knows how to interact with people, how to carry himself, and to have standards for himself. (Simple things that unfortunately the majority of people these days can't handle, especially simple human interactions due to social media.)

Sorry I did misread your post when you said 'most'.

I think it's really relative to where one is from re: the type of women you may or may not resonate with at a cultural/ values/ life philosophy level. I tend to be attracted to women (in the past) who aren't from my current place of stay, even if they are more vernacular in culture. However, I have always found the locals to be different, not as worldly and more geared towards material interests.

I have heard from friends who have lived internationally that American women in general treat men rather badly. But then I have other friends who have met regular people in the US (couples no less) who are just really normal and equal. I think to myself, it's just a common theme with all cultures.. People who are materialistic, think the world owes them etc all share a commonality; ego. They have become accustomed to a lifestyle which is feeding their desires, which in turn is feeding their ego - and this is how they enjoy life, even in some cases if this means it's at the expense of others... That whole time reading your post I was actually also feeling bad for the boyfriend of the crazy woman. I've been that guy before, a long time ago in a galaxy far away...
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Thanks Shiroi, next time I'll take you with me. We could do a fusion dance together on that byotch.8)
(click to show/hide)
There is probably some truths in your statement Gunlord as I am currently still dealing with personal issues with my ex and will unfortunately till my son turns 18.

As for the anger, I signed up with a Wah Lum Temple today to train with a GrandMaster that also trained under Grandmaster Yip. The Sifu also recommends me to do Tai Chi. I need to get back in fighting shape anyways...hopefully the training helps. I don't sleep well anymore.

(click to show/hide)

You are probably right, but that is why I just chose to go ahead and leave. It wasn't worth getting arrested. I also made sure to check my temper with the staff, even the one guy that was trying to kick me out. I wasn't rude or loud with them in the slightest. Just that dumb chick.

Also remember too, I actually pay more to be there than the regular customer so that goes both ways. I didn't appreciate her being nasty with me in front of other paying customers in the initial encounter not to mention I gave her a pass and didn't even respond to her nastiness.

I mean how many times am I going to do the right thing and try to remove myself from the situation when someone goes out of their way to fuck with you..?

(click to show/hide)

Probably right X.

Honestly part of that response probably was the compilation of years of people being nasty to me for no reason with me always doing the "right" thing while being humiliated and other people never being checked for their actions. Especially with this situation I am in currently.

I study the psychological side as well on my own time,done things like picked up that book The Secret, tried meditation, things like that. I think ALOT probably too much and there is probably some analytical reasoning about me working out so much.. but whatever I am what I am.

I just know from all the research that I have done and people I have met, to achieve the goals and be where I want to be in life, I have noticed every successful person stepping over people and genuinely being an asshole and how the people in the places of power respond and act towards those people while people that work their ass off get passed over and struggle.

So I am at this weird point in my life, too old for people that are my junior, too young for older people to be age appropriate. And now I have no family, no close friends, just my work and me. I wouldn't even know it was the holidays now if people didn't constantly remind me. The days pretty much blend together for me at this point. Lost a couple of days the past couple of weeks too.

As for that particular situation I only go into 2 modes, nice or pissed off. There is no in between for me. 99.9% I am quiet, calm, keep to myself, but she got that 1% right on the head.

I just don't have the patience for anyone trying to project bullshit on me any longer, I got plenty of real-world problems and you can't eat nice.

(click to show/hide)
Maybe Zan. That's why I made that apology to the dude (and probably sub consciously saying I am the wrong person for you to try and start something with). I didn't really care about that at the time (it crossed my mind afterwards), but I have seen men do dumber stuff for women and I didn't want any confrontation outside as I was going to my car with him because I definitely would of went to jail then. Sucks to be him I guess.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your opinions and feedback! You all would be welcome to come train with me anytime! If only I had peeps like ya'llz where I live.

UPDATE: So I went back to that particular gym today and (found out from the cool staff guy that witnessed the whole incident yesterday) that the manager had cancelled my membership as well as the other party. (Not that I asked or anything.). I was respectful and he seemed genuinely sorry but I told him it wasn't his fault and then shook my head and left.

I also found out that the manager was on duty yesterday when I was in there and asked why he didn't come say something as I walked by him I guess several times when I was working out. I was told by that staff guy he didn't know. I also called him out about witnessing everything yesterday and he said he explained all that to the manager, but they still cancelled my membership anyways and I am banned from that gym.

No biggie, I still got a black card and my "regular" gym has opened back up today. I went there today and everyone was really nice for some reason. I even met some other people and they said they didn't like that gym either. (Not that I told them about what happened or anything.)

It did get me thinking about what if I didn't say anything to that crazy chick if they were still going to cancel me anyways without telling me none the less. So I am still glad that I stood up for myself.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 11:16:07 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »
Maybe it was better off, because nothing good can come from going to Planet Fatness. I'm surprised they didn't sound the Lunk Alarm on you. Judgment-free zone, my ass. (Sorry, I just really hate Planet Fitness.

Any decent person would've asked if you were done by the time you came back over, at the very least. Sounds like her gym etiquette is non-existent.

Luckily I never ran into any of that shit. I used to go to 24hr Fitness at like 1 in the morning (until I bought a power rack for my basement), and the very few people who were there were usually really cool.

I know what you mean about a sense of entitlement with some women, too. I would even say it's with men and women in general, IMO. I really, really hate this third-wave feminism stuff that's popular right now, and it reminds me exactly of what you're talking about. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with old-school feminism, but this safe space hugbox stuff really irks me.

BTW, kind of off-topic, but related: do any of you guys watch Elgintensity's YouTube videos? He rips on a lot of people and organizations in the fitness industry that he thinks are full of shit or just plain horrible (Elliott Hulse, Rich Piana, CrossFit, Planet Fitness, etc.), and it's always pretty hilarious. His videos about Mike Chang are probably my favorite.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 05:20:52 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags: