Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I would watch pokemon again if it was like this  (Read 6385 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I would watch pokemon again if it was like this
« on: June 28, 2012, 12:56:47 AM »
★ Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 - New B/W 2 Animated Trailer Short HD! (Subbed)

If pokemon was like this or close to pokemon special(from what I hear) I would get into the franchise again.

This blew my mind for a reason I thought it would be lame but I was like dang.  :o
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: I would watch pokemon again if it was like this
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:28:38 AM »
Yeah!
Now I really want that game, that intro got me stoked.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 11:22:23 AM »
+1
I used to watch the animated series as a kid. At first I really loved it, but after a few seasons I realized Ash has no character development whatsoever, nor does he become any better as a trainer. So the series has no continuity value. Kinda ruined it for me.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:36:44 AM »
That's what I thought at first.
Then I realized that how good a trainer you are depends on the Pokemon you have with you.  Since he's constantly switching pokemon, they're probably not all at higher levels (except for his possibly-Lv100 Pikachu).

Sometimes he'll bring out a Pokemon from a long-ass time ago (which means he must have a laptop somewhere or stopped at a Pokemon Center when the camera wasn't looking).  If you think about it, if that Pokemon has been in a PC it's probably not that high level, so it might kinda suck in a battle against a higher-level opponent.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:45:16 AM »
I think the only evolved pokemon Ash has is charazard that is it. The first season is still very good and I stoped watching around The region with may, but I do want to read pokemon special  :) Plot seems to be a home run compared to the anime which Ash has never aged for like what 10+ years should he not be a pokemon master/ have a kid by now or something?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 12:32:58 PM »
+1
Haha don't you know?  In animation, characters are ageless.
Just look at the Simpsons.

Yeah I stopped watching around the May episodes (Hoenn Region - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald), because the Pokemon from that region started being crazy mashups of genres.  A fighting psychic?  A water/lightning?

However, after many years, and finally playing Pokemon Emerald, I've grown fond of Hoenn... I like it more than Sinnoh (which I'm begrudgingly trudging through in Pokemon Platinum now).

You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »
Chinchou/lanturn from G/S/C would like to have a word with you.  :P

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »
Oh, and the sexual tension between jessie and james is so f**kin' obvious. Those two should stop chasing pikachu and get a room or something.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 12:53:03 PM »
Chinchou/lanturn from G/S/C would like to have a word with you.  :P

I'm aware of that one dude, but in GSC it was the exception, not the rule.
In Hoenn, the majority seem to do this, which I wouldn't mind if some weren't so stupid.
And, like I said, after many years, when I finally revisited Emerald, it was kinda alright.

I'm also not really into contests, so I do not really care for things like 'coat shininess' and beauty stats and whatnot.

What was awesome was when they brought it all back home with Heartgold.

-I enjoy having my #1 Pokemon following me around.  I hope they bring that back.
-I enjoyed the Pokewalker aspect.  I still use mine! :o
-Customizable Safari Zone and a functional Migration Pal Park (the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum one could only be used once a day).
-Calling the gym leaders to schedule rematches.  Calling anybody, really.  And them calling you.
-Outbreaks (brought back in Black), swarms of pokemon migrating from other regions on a particular day of the week.
-The National Park catching contest.

They should've had the Sevii Islands from FireRed/Leafgreen, but overall it's still a great game. :D

Haha I'm sure Jesse & James are very great friends... with benefits.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 01:07:10 PM »
Yeah, Soul silver was awesome.

I hope in the 6th generation, they have a grass/fire, water/fire and fire/ice type combinations as well as a few others

Oh and Jorge?  What do you think about water/ground or water/grass?

Man, I miss my Luidicolo from my first emerald team.  Quagsire and Swampert were awesome on several of my teams.  8)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 01:35:58 PM »
It's not as silly as Ground/Flying (Gligar the FlyScorpion Pokemon).
Or as Bug/Grass (Sewaddle, though it IS based on a real insect that does that).
Or Ground/Electric (Stunfisk, that awful looking Shoe/Fish mudshocker pokemon GRAH!  I can imagine running on the mud and randomly stepping on it and getting shocked on my foot!)

You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »
On topic, that pokemon special was awesome.

I wish for every new pokemon generation, they would use the main characters in the show instead of Ash.  I mean, the only times he won a chamionship was the orange islands league and the Sinnoh battle frontier.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:08:09 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 04:25:57 PM »
Everyone in this series has such weird hair.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »
Everyone in this series has such weird hair.

It is not weird enough Waffle
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »
Not everyone, geez....
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: Awesome