Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Legend of Zelda anime in the works  (Read 5179 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 11:30:56 PM »
I'd like to see a traditional the Legend of Zelda anime that deals with the two NES titles. For me, everything else that's come out after OoT is just whacked. The most mature I've ever seen the games was during the NES and SNES era.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 11:34:27 PM »
I do believe they're basing this on Link to the Past, particularly the manga version by Akira Himekawa.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Legend of Zelda anime in the works
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 11:43:17 PM »
It's not a anime it's a motion comic
and it's not based off the Link to the past manga it is the manga.They've just scanned in Akira Himekawa's superb artwork coloured it and added a few animated effects. nothing worth getting excited about if you ask me.

Last I heard the kick starter campaign failed and all the big name voice actors seem to have lost interest.
I'd love to see a real anime adaption of the manga though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:51:41 PM by C Belmont »

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 01:01:10 AM »
It's not a anime it's a motion comic
and it's not based off the Link to the past manga it is the manga.They've just scanned in Akira Himekawa's superb artwork coloured it and added a few animated effects. nothing worth getting excited about if you ask me.

I know all of that, I just didn't bother to restate it here since it's in the article & a small descitption in the video. It's be wonderful if they could actually pull something together.

Last I heard the kick starter campaign failed and all the big name voice actors seem to have lost interest.
I'd love to see a real anime adaption of the manga though.

I hadn't heard anything about the Kickstarter campaign flopping. I'll dig around & see what I can find (if anything) & post it here. Anyone else is welcome (aw heck, you're encouraged!) to post any of their own findings here.

I'd love to see a real, true anime adaptation myself, as I'm sure many of us would. This is a beloved series that deserves the utmost care in crafting it's tale on the screen. I think they've already made a move in the right direction by picking LttP to start with.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:17:07 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 06:06:59 PM »
Going to be an odd anime since Link NEVER EVER SAYS ONE EFFING WORD...EVER. I get the silent protagonist back then was due to memory limitations, but to continue that tradition when we are well capable of adding dialogue seems so creepy.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 07:21:43 PM »
I wondered how that would go over too, hearing Link speak for the first time. After hearing Todd Haberkorn (the voice of Ling Yao) though, it all became normal soon enough.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=37N4GkFRUoI

Unfortunately, their Kickstarter of $15,000 fell short, but they haven't given up yet I believe. Still trying to find bits & pieces about it all when I have the time
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 08:31:04 PM »
I swear to god there was a zelda animation. I remember it so well when zelda 1 was new but Ive never ever been able to find anything about it. Its prolly my crazy mind remembering the artwork for the first game and somehow makin it animated in my young mind. But I swear there was lol

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
I swear to god there was a zelda animation. I remember it so well when zelda 1 was new but Ive never ever been able to find anything about it. Its prolly my crazy mind remembering the artwork for the first game and somehow makin it animated in my young mind. But I swear there was lol

Hmmm...could you mean the late 80's-early 90's animated series that ran with The Super Mario Bros. Super Show? (R.I.P. Cap'n Lou)
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me Princess!
http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Complete-Season-Link/dp/B007J3ISIM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358402544&sr=8-1&keywords=zelda+dvd

(older, more expensive, probably better edition http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Complete-Animated-Series/dp/B000AA4F2E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358402544&sr=8-3&keywords=zelda+dvd)

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Legend of Zelda anime in the works
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 10:24:29 PM »
People seem to complain a lot about how juvenile The Zelda Cartoon was but It's pretty fun to watch and the music is great, I'd highly recommend it. Just be sure not to expect a serious adventure cartoon it's more of a comedy.

Link also makes an appearance in Captain N I believe, so you could also be remembering that.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
no thats not it I definitely remember that show. I loved it. I couldnt wait til friday to get home and see the zelda episodes. Link and Zelda were awesome on Captain N too. But thats definitely NOT what I remember, atleast thinkin, I saw. Like I said it was prolly all in my head lol

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »
I found Ganon in that series to be quite the monster. He even looked the part too. He really didn't have a lot of omph in the Zelda cartoon, but the one episode of Captain N that had him in it he was more sinister then before. I think that's the episode where Link was introduced to the Captain N stage for the first time. Both he and Link had this sort of bitter rivalry going on. It was that rivalry that cost the team a potion of vitality or something which was used to bring back a dying Ganon to full power.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 02:36:20 PM »
I found Ganon in that series to be quite the monster. He even looked the part too. He really didn't have a lot of omph in the Zelda cartoon, but the one episode of Captain N that had him in it he was more sinister then before. I think that's the episode where Link was introduced to the Captain N stage for the first time. Both he and Link had this sort of bitter rivalry going on. It was that rivalry that cost the team a potion of vitality or something which was used to bring back a dying Ganon to full power.

I distinctly remember that episode of Captain N & it blew my fucking mind. Link & Zelda looked so mature & just seemed so...well, badass. Gannon was almost frightening to 5 year old me because, as you said, he was a sinister looking mother fucker in that one. I remember the whole episode made me feel like it had this dire seriousness to it & when you're little, that shit's a roller coaster ride. I felt like more of grown-up for watching it. Ah, nostalgia...
Groove is in the heart.

Tags:

anything