Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982570 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2015, 10:50:40 PM »
@D9: We old folks have gone through hype and back again several times.
I shall remain skeptic until the announcement is real. Same case as VladCT.

And if it's not, Koutei's quote of Nagumo would be a good start.

Either way, we still have to wait until the full moon is over.
Now, which time zone are we talking about?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:53:23 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2015, 10:53:16 PM »
If it's a hoax I'll be disappointed but not surprised. I do however think that it could very well be true! The only thing that's holding my enthusiasm back is the fact that it wasn't long ago that IGA said that the project had been put on hold. It seems kinda sudden if it pops up now. He must've been working a bit on it in secret if that's the case? Though maybe he just veeery recently got a couple of people on board and decided to go ahead with it anyway. If this turns out to be an actual game I think it will be AT LEAST a year until release, possibly more. I highly doubt they have been able to do much, if any, real work on it.

But in order to do a succesful a Kickstarter you need to have at least something to show. IGA may get the most passionate fans on board by just putting his name out there, but it takes more to convince others. IGA is not Inafune, after all.

Though there were those screenshot from the flyer, obviously. They were either taken from some kind of prototype or they're nothing more than concept graphics.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2015, 11:03:58 PM »
but it takes more to convince others. IGA is not Inafune, after all.

I agree with you, if they launch a KS campaign like the one for Mighty no.9, basically showing nothing but concept art, probably the end result will be not as successful but it will be funded for sure.

Is already 3PM in Japan, I wonder if this supposed announcement is going to be done taking into account JST or USA time.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2015, 11:06:06 PM »
@D9: We old folks have gone through hype and back again several times.
I shall remain skeptic until the announcement is real. Same case as VladCT.

I know. It's not just you guys. Newer fans get excited and get called gullible by the older fans who were once no different, that seems a bit of a cruel irony to me.

This of course isn't to say I'm not skeptical, but the evidence to support this possibility seems fairly reasonable, I think. I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up being a cleverly-marketed fanwork (not sure how, considering it tends to be difficult to use someone else's email practically) or gets revoked by the big dogs yet again, but I'm certainly not adamant that either is the case regardless.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2015, 11:14:38 PM »
@Little Dracula: If the US folks are handling the announcement, it will most likely be on PST.

@D9: Well, that's basically called life. We gain experience as we grow older. Calling others gullible comes from a place of wisdom hoping to spare the young ones from disappointment if and when it happens. Of course no one listens and the cycle begins anew. hahaha.

And this forum topic is gaining a lot of activity. Even from anonymous bots/people.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »
I dunno, I'm sure there are folks out there who harp on younger generations just for the sake of it.

Either way, though, whoever's actually pulling these strings has done their job and done it well; for better or worse, we're all talking about it. Even the amount of online members at this time of night is way over what it usually is.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »
Ok I haven't been here for a few days and I have no idea what this is about. Someone fill me in please

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2015, 11:40:21 PM »
To be honest, my skepticism is more of a defense mechanism at this point. After all, once bitten twice shy.

I understand concern, but seeing as IGAVANIA has been linked to the Quarterwomann account, which was linked to the original tease in September, this is very likely legit. This is not some wishy-washy journalist making claims, like how Mirror of Fate was to be led by IGA and his Castlevania team; this is linked to the same bunch of folks that helped market and promote Mighty No. 9.

The reveal of the game seems to be planned on some level for Monday the 4th, at least by limiting it to EST and PST. I do not believe it's all going to be one instant fire of a game name and even a crowdfunding move, but a slow tease until a later time. Potentially the 11th, if the tweet by Jonathan Holmes on a KickStarter game is in fact this project.

https://twitter.com/TronKnotts/status/594689137023787010

Couple this with Quarterwomann's most recent tweet which also implies a trickle down: Lots to report, but one thing Your Qrrespondent can't nail down is the timing—what arrives with the moon, and what comes later?. https://twitter.com/Quarterwomann/status/594768145711140867

Ok I haven't been here for a few days and I have no idea what this is about. Someone fill me in please

I made a thread on NeoGAF that attempts to summarize the current confirmed events. Hopefully it'll help you out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1039738&highlight=

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2015, 11:48:39 PM »
I dunno, I'm sure there are folks out there who harp on younger generations just for the sake of it.

This is unfortunately true. A great lack of wisdom on their part. But by doing so they risk making their beds out of broken glass, rusty nails and razor wire. In short; Karmic retribution for dishonorable behavior and a lack of tolerance to the next gen. Everyone was that young once so I really can't see why they don't understand or sympathize the younger crowd.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2015, 11:54:01 PM »
This is unfortunately true. A great lack of wisdom on their part. But by doing so they risk making their beds out of broken glass, rusty nails and razor wire. In short; Karmic retribution for dishonorable behavior and a lack of tolerance to the next gen. Everyone was that young once so I really can't see why they don't understand or sympathize the younger crowd.

I call that ego-tripping.
I believe those people who love doing that are not supposed to be considered as adults. They are still living in the playground mentality.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2015, 01:25:39 AM »
No lie, some skepticism lies within me as well. It would be awesome to play another Metroidvania in the vein of the pre-HD Castlevania games, but there's really not a lot to go on here. I won't hold my breath for it, but it doesn't hurt to hope, does it?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2015, 04:00:21 AM »
+7
I see the vigor and magic returning to our community. Even just the thought of a new IGA game was all we needed.

And if this is all true... My wallet is READY.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2015, 04:02:50 AM »
Wondering when the obligatory IGA fanboys joke is gonna get made. :P

Yeah, it's nice that we're all perking up after so long. For good or bad, this thing's roused us.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2015, 04:15:07 AM »
The style may be in the same vein as Shovel Knight, hence the low-color sprites.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2015, 05:32:43 AM »
Taking this all with a large grain of salt.

However, I would be most ecstatic if IGA's project were back on track. I was as disappointed as the rest of you when I heard of its shelving.

I guess we'll see.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/rumournkoji_igarashis_castlevania_successor_could_rise_from_the_grave_this_week

Tags:

anything