Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Kojima art?  (Read 4839 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:56:22 PM »
http://castlevania.armster.org/artbook/artbook09.jpg

I've always been a huge fan of her art for Castlevania Chronicles, as it has my favorite Drac and Simon designs. I always get nostalgic when I see the game's cover.

http://castlevania.armster.org/curse/02.jpg

I also dig this art from Curse of Darkness. Too bad the game itself wasn't as dark as the art promised...

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 03:10:27 PM »
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 06:06:58 PM »
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv-hod/offart/offart7.jpg

Gorgeous. Just... jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 06:14:36 PM »
The beauty and implicit sadness and poetry in that drawing is something that I can't explain with words.
I guess I must choose that one as my favourite, not to mention it features Juste Belmont.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »
+1

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 12:37:57 PM »
I remember that you even said that these 2 images sums castlevania to you in a brief. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »
I like how she does her women. Very pretty. And the detail that goes into the images is well done too. But the guys... No. Just no. And Issac is literally the king of all that is No-No. If I were born a guy in her world I'd probably kill myself before the risk of falling in love with my own reflection sets in  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 07:54:13 PM »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/c0mbat/Booklet20Back.png
Seconding the hell out of this, because crisis is totally right on that as far as I'm concerned. Plus, I LOOOOOOOOVE medieval-esque artwork. It's just so wonderful.

And also, all of everything. I really don't have a favorite Kojima piece. I have a ton of reasons for loving them all. Though, if I had to pick one of the topmost ones, her Symphony of the Night piece featuring all the main characters. I love the fuck out of that.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags: