Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Good horror novels  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: July 23, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »
I need some suggestions for some truly scary horror books. And I mean SCARY like "you gotta stop reading because it's so frightening" or "gotta sleep with lights on" scary.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »
In Reply To #1

Stephen King's "Pet Sematary" gets pretty darn scary-scary by the end ;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Good horror novels
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:52:55 AM »
In Reply To #2

Haha, How weird - I was just about to suggest "The Stand"
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:55:39 AM »
In Reply To #2
Maybe
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:59:11 AM by Nagumo »

patricia39

Re: Good horror novels
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
I would love to recommend to you Stephen King's "It". It is favorably one of my favorite novels. I have read it for so many times and every time I am into it, I cannot resist loving the flow of the storyline. The style of the author is also admirable.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:16:07 AM by patricia39 »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 01:00:42 AM »
lol I remember this thread.

I've already read that one though but it was pretty disappointing because once again it wasn't scary. The only novel that genuinely creeped me out was the Shining, more particularly the woman in the badtube.             
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:09:36 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 02:00:59 AM »
Holy Thread Necromancy >.>

Demon Child - Fuyumi Ono

Tags: