Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Secret of Mana remake?!?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: August 25, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »
So I just logged on to PSN to check out Pillars of Eternity for preordering, but saw...

Secret of Mana!

Apparently, it's due out in March 2018 and is getting a 3d remake!

Although I am not terribly impressed with the graphical style thus far...I do hope SE manages to do this classic justice, it would be nice if it looked as appealing as Legend of Mana did...

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 02:38:39 PM »
wow, what a coincidence.  i've been playing this with my girlfriend lately.
hopefully the multiplayer is as solid as the SNES version.

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 03:36:44 PM »
Yeah my wife and I did the original about a year ago. I loved going through the game with her.

We both went through FFXV recently, and had the same gripes with it,but enjoy sharing the experience as a couple. I can only hope SoM is able to finally flesh out the story a bit more, as the original was purported to lose a lot of content due to being relegated to the snes as opposed to the snes CD that never debuted.

And I can't wait to order the OST!!
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 06:13:09 PM »
Let's just hope the translation isn't fudged like last time (which is admittedly due to Woolsey being forced to work under less-than-ideal conditions).
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 08:25:27 PM »
Looks pretty cool.  I liked that game.

Anyone ever see the webcomic/video-thing, Secret of Mana Theater, that was made with sprites from the original?

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 11:52:13 AM »
lol, no hadn't seen that...

The more I see of the pics of the game, the more I am disappointed with the art style. Low-res polygons for sure, it ain't pretty...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/08/25/secret-of-mana-is-getting-a-new-remake-on-ps4-and-vita-early-next-year/#3eefa4f467a8

I really detest how sprites/hand-drawn art seem to be all-but-forgotten in this day and age...the screenshots I've seen so far are way too boxy and lack personality...those rabites? Ewww.....

If they REALLY "needed" to do 3d, I can understand if the vita had to make concessions, but PS4? Sheesh, they can do better than that...

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 09:28:54 PM »
Low-Poly Aesthetic is good when done right... but this isn't a game which that aesthetic can work with.

Honestly, The game will be great... but it's presentation dooms it to anyone that isn't a hardcore Seiken Densetsu/Mana fan. Also, When the FUCK is Seiken Densetsu 3 gonna hit the west, that game is easily one of the best of all time.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 08:33:41 PM »
New screenshots. Not bad...I like the water temple/jema

http://www.dualshockers.com/secret-mana-new-screenshots/

Tags:

anything