Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's the big deal with Inuyasha?  (Read 4063 times)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« on: July 17, 2008, 02:56:43 AM »
Never understood what the big deal was with this show. DBZ freakin' carried cartoon network and as soon as it ended they took it off. But Inuyasha's been on there for like 6 years now and they keep showing the same old eps. Is this the execs. favorite show or something? Personally I thought it was pretty good when it started but it should have been like a 13-24 ep show, it just got too repetitive after the first season and drug out.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:14:36 PM »
The animation is ok, but the dialogue & the plot is wack. I don't know why the continue to air it long after the last episode was shown.

If they start to re-air Samurai Champloo, then I'll be happy  :)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 05:56:30 PM »
How is Samurai Champloo? I saw like one episode, and it looked good.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 05:10:20 PM »
Far as I know, most fans dig it because Inuyasha himself is cute. Whatever. Fan girls in Mexico dig the "love story" between the main characters, but I never saw it as anything more than a snooze-worthy load of pretentious crap wrapped up with a bow. I mean, compared to the laugh-out-loud antics of Ranma 1/2, this next offering from Rumiko Takahashi felt like an odd leftover bento box of cobbled ingredients better handled by other cooks.

Not at all into Samurai Champloo either. - Can't say I'm thrilled about a series that offers an uneven mix of one good episode followed by a really shitty one afterwards. Plus, much like InuYasha, I couldn't really care less about what the main characters are struggling towards. And  isn't anime and manga in general supposed to be about the journey towards the goal?

FYI, Sulaco hates both these series. Just thought I'd pass that along to anyone who would like to know how to get under his fake skin.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 07:51:18 PM »
I liked Inuyasha when it first came out, but being 14 at the time and just then discovering more mature Anime, I think that opinion of those episodes could easily change with my current experience.  When the episodes got past about the 20 mark, I lost interest, as the series was obviously going downhill, from my recollection at least.  Really, I think the main reason it stays on there is because of all the fanboys and fangirls who would have a stroke if it went off the air.

I never really got into to too much of Adult Swim's Anime showings, besides Cowboy Bebop, but I mean come on, Cowboy Bebop is amazing and a true example of what Anime is capable of.  If anything, that series should always be aired, basically because of how significant it is, at least compared to Inuyasha.  I was also into Yu Yu Hakusho for a while, but after the Spirit Tournament (or whatever it was) I kinda drifted away from that series.

I don't watch nearly as much Anime as I did since about two years ago (although I am part of my college's Anime club, which is pretty much watching and critiquing/celebrating anime of all forms).  I find myself enjoying traditional American comics more so than Manga these days, too.  I feel there is a lack of new material that impresses as much as Anime and Manga did a couple of years back.  I watch Code Geass here and there, but it definitely isn't one of my favorites as much as it is one of the only new ones I can get into somewhat (although its hard to look past its similarities to V for Vendetta).

I can only hope more interesting endeavors come to light in the medium that is Anime, and soon.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 07:53:33 PM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: What's the big deal with Inuyasha?
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 08:37:07 PM »
They keep airing Inuyasha because people keep watching it.

Inuyasha has some great charcters (I mean, c'mon! Miroku is the man!) and unique demon design, but other than that the story tends to drag on. The final chapter gets a little more exciting though, but I heard they didn't give the series a proper ending anyway, and leave fans totally hanging.

I love Samurai Champloo on the other hand. Like Cowboy Bebop it does a great job of relating common human struggles to us from some other exotic time and place (this time feudal Japan). I love the various chemistry between the main trio of Fu, Mugen and Ji. Unlike Cowboy Bebop, this one takes more liberty with its humor sequences; for instance a trio of samurais busting improv beat-boxing matches on the side of a dirt road.

Samurai Champloo has the same impressive animation as Cowboy Bebop, too. Afterall it's the same team, under Shinichiro Watanabe.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 05:40:45 AM »

I never really got into to too much of Adult Swim's Anime showings, besides Cowboy Bebop, but I mean come on, Cowboy Bebop is amazing and a true example of what Anime is capable of.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 01:31:16 PM »
Inuyasha tends to be more fangirls who like to pair or "ship" (a dumb slang word for pair) characters together.  I mean, hell, almost all the characters in there has a crush on another character, but won't do anything about it.

The freakin antagonist had a crush on Kikigo. 

season1 was good since it was before they focus a lot of time on that chicken ape mask wearing badguy.  IT was before it got into the crazy love triangles as well.  After that, it would just getting lame.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 02:19:50 PM »
I like the episodes where Inuyasha enters Kagome's time.

It's fun to see him struggle to understand how she lives.

I get so fucking tired of all the times Kagome calls out Inuyasha's name. It's freaking FOUR syllables, you stupid girl. Shut up already.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 02:25:44 PM »
Love triange? MORE LIKE LOVE CIRCLE.

Tags:

anything