Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula's Curse movie will happen.  (Read 18827 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2010, 01:46:18 PM »
interesting, i've never gotten that from Judgment.  seems being a church warrior gives her plenty of opportunity to rid the world of beings like those she held responsible for her family's murder.  now, the church might have "used" her, but i think it was her own ambition to become a "priest".  but Dracula's Curse definitely states that she led a bad life and not very happy.

Not sure what CVIII cites as her motivation for fighting but in Judgment I distinctly recall Sypha being spared from death by the church in exchange for her service to them, and her fellow witches are still being hunted down and oppressed. Sypha being a "good" witch genuinely seems to disagree with Dracula's methods, but her being forced by the church would be added incentive to combat him. Probably one of those gray areas in the series.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2010, 05:38:36 PM »
Not sure what CVIII cites as her motivation for fighting but in Judgment I distinctly recall Sypha being spared from death by the church in exchange for her service to them, and her fellow witches are still being hunted down and oppressed. Sypha being a "good" witch genuinely seems to disagree with Dracula's methods, but her being forced by the church would be added incentive to combat him. Probably one of those gray areas in the series.
hmm, i think i know what you're talking about, but i didn't read it that way

"Granted protection of the church, Sypha vowed to hunt down the forces of evil and help mankind, despite their continued oppression of her sisters."

i don't know if the protection she got from the church was predicated on her making that vow, but i see what you mean, its possible.  i guess i tend to tie that statement from the translated Dracula's Curse that says "Sypha lost his parents when he was young and was found wandering near the monastery, where he remained at the once-beautiful Wallachia. "  i tend to think she was found when she was young after her parents were killed by humans (not necessarily the church), raised by Monks, granted protection by the church from other humans (not necessarily the church as a whole, but possibly rogue clergy, though it might be protection against general church policy), made a deal with spirits of her family to grant her power, and then made a vow to hunt down evil and help mankind.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 11:00:34 PM »

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2010, 01:01:44 AM »
Movie update..
http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1087676p1.html
Wrong movie. I think this is the one for the animated movie. The one the IGN article is talking about is the live-action movie.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2010, 07:30:50 AM »
bummer

Tags:

anything