Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The biggest mystery in all of Castlevania  (Read 18851 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: The biggest mystery in all of Castlevania
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 11:06:46 PM »
It's NES. So cutscenes and stuff weren't that good. If they do a reboot, it'll be explained in a better way.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 11:47:38 AM »
Inccubus if you need a reference to the true CV3 scene between Alucard and Trevor then download the Akumajou Dnesetsu rom translation hack. I have this rom if you're interested.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
The real mystery is this. How did Richter change his outfit and grow out his hair that fast? Was the staircase to Dracula so long his hair grew past his shoulders?

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »
I have another question. Does the castle have bathrooms? Or do the Belmonts take a dump out in the woods?
I know that vampires don't have to eat in order to survive, but how come there's so much food stored in the castle? And if Dracula doesn't have to eat regular food, that doesn't necessary mean he can't eat it right? Besides garlic, I don't think that food can harm vampires.

I think it would be cool to show the bathrooms in a future game, it would add more realism to the series.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 04:25:59 PM »
Well keep in mind that we never really get a chance to explore the FULL castle in any game. There are several instances that you see long, winding hallways in the background that the player never has access to (such as those huge stairwells in the Long Library in Symphony). There are many more inaccessable rooms than what we're lead to believe.......

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 05:04:41 PM »
hmm yeah that makes sense :D

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 06:47:41 PM »
Inccubus if you need a reference to the true CV3 scene between Alucard and Trevor then download the Akumajou Dnesetsu rom translation hack. I have this rom if you're interested.

I have it too. That is a good reference, but I go really hardcore with this sort of thing and prefer to get my hands on the original text and have someone translate it exactly or try to translate it myself.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 08:41:25 PM »
I have another question. Does the castle have bathrooms?

Brauner has one in his painting...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 09:22:38 PM »
The real mystery is this. How did Richter change his outfit and grow out his hair that fast? Was the staircase to Dracula so long his hair grew past his shoulders?
Isnt symphonly 5 years after Rondo? It just grew out, and he changed his clothes.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »
I have it too. That is a good reference, but I go really hardcore with this sort of thing and prefer to get my hands on the original text and have someone translate it exactly or try to translate it myself.

If you could get the original japanese retranslated --that would be awesome.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »
SotN is five years after yes. However, the opening is the end of RoB and you are playing with Rondo Richter.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 04:47:04 PM »
SotN is five years after yes. However, the opening is the end of RoB and you are playing with Rondo Richter.

He still wore the same clothes and has the same haircut as he was in RoB, as shown in his sprite.

It's just the portrait artwork of Richter that was wrong.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »
I think it's just part of his power. I mean he can fly so why not have super fast hair growing skills.

Offline Laughing skeleton

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 09:02:56 PM »
Trevor had beaten Alucard in battle so he was no longer a threat to him he had proven to be stronger
than Alucard.

The librarian knows Alucard because Alucard had grown up in the castle with his father,
he is familiar with the inhabitants of Castlevania in the same way a real life prince would be
with his subjects.

Dracula can control ancient gods because he has achieved a high level of expertise in
dark magic.  Maybe he even read the "Simon Necronomicon" grimoire.

Nothing scares me, I'm a smart guy and I'll tell you one thing for certain: fear is irrational. Being the know-it-all I am, mocking foolish fears is an amusing pastime for me.  In fact there is no doubt in my mind that living in the modern world, free of all danger and uncertainty, I'll ever have to face my own death, which is after all the most basic and silly of all fears...

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »
I think it's just part of his power. I mean he can fly so why not have super fast hair growing skills.

Like a Super Saiyan?

Tags:

anything