Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Creator of CV??  (Read 18991 times)

Offline Azrael_End

• Awards
Re: The Creator of CV??
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »
Actully Bram Stoker and the bible should receve the credit...Bram Stoker help start "Dracula" by wrighting his book influenceing several movies and games. Also several mosnters in Castlevania are from biblical refrence such as beaslbub and legion. But the only problem is there is a very small percetage of christains in Japan so it must have been a american born person or even europian.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2008, 10:55:38 PM »
Actully Bram Stoker and the bible should receve the credit...Bram Stoker help start "Dracula" by wrighting his book influenceing several movies and games. Also several mosnters in Castlevania are from biblical refrence such as beaslbub and legion. But the only problem is there is a very small percetage of christains in Japan so it must have been a american born person or even europian.

no it was created in Japan so I'm sure the creator was Japanese. It pays tribute to all the universal monsters (wolfman and creature of the black lagoon aside). Judging from the credits the first one may have actually been teasing them as well.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2008, 12:46:44 AM »
I just received a reply from Yamako (Kinuyo Yamashita), but unfortunately her English is not so good, and she didn't know who the creator was or, indeed, who A. Nagata was.

> I have a quick question on Demon Castle Dracula/Castlevania. Please, do you
> know, who was creator of the series, maybe the person who said, "let's do
> Dracula game"? Was it A. Nagata? Did he also produce/manage the Famicom (FC)
> team?)

Maybe somebody with some Japanese language skills would fair better.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2008, 07:57:23 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, Koji Igarashi should be the creater, since the SotN game was the first CV game he did, then so forth. He has done the best Castlvania games in the whole franchies.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2008, 08:54:03 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, Koji Igarashi should be the creater, since the SotN game was the first CV game he did, then so forth. He has done the best Castlvania games in the whole franchies.

Yeah, well, thats stupid. Iga's cool and all, I've got no beef with him, I like his games, but there's no way I'd consider him the creator.

Would you consider the dude who was in charge of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess to be the creator  instead of Miyamoto cause he made an awesome game? The answer is NO
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Genya Arikado

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2008, 10:01:42 PM »
Iga has changed the castlvania world, not just one game. He made the bunch of lose games into one story and made magic with it.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »
Iga has changed the castlvania world, not just one game. He made the bunch of lose games into one story and made magic with it.

The games in castlevania series have always told one story and had an order to them, Iga has just added his own games and twists to an already existing story so no, I wouldn't consider  him the creator, he just expanded on what someone else originally did.
_______________________________________ ______________

Genya Arikado

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2008, 07:06:25 AM »
Well imo, Igarashi if like the adoptive father of the games.

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2008, 09:04:39 PM »
It pays tribute to all the universal monsters (wolfman and creature of the black lagoon aside).

Maybe Konami can claim the Mermen are tribute enough to The Creature from the Black Lagoon, but the original Castlevania definitely came up short as far as werewolf representation.  How could they reference Lon Chaney, Jr.'s name in the credits and neglect to include his most famous role as The Wolf Man in the actual game?

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2008, 08:22:34 AM »
In Reply To #48

Wow, I'm surprised some famous person actually replied to your question...
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2008, 12:46:01 AM »
Yeah, and she was very nice. I also paid compliment to her work; told her that I was a devotee of the MSX era and loved the BGM compositions back then.

It's quite a humbling thought to think that Yamako created early pieces like Heart of Fire, Vampire Killer, Wicked Child, and Aquarius (CVIII).  *swoons*

Stalker

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2008, 08:15:20 AM »
The credits in CV1 says much...
But is it the same team that did Simon's Quest?

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2008, 10:34:44 AM »
I do not think it was any one person to be honest.
I was under the asumption that it was the idea of a few people at Konami that were sitting around brainstorming ideas for a game... so.. i do not think it was just one person, but i think IGA helped make the franshise more recognized around the world.

Tags: