Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Liking things from Lords of Shadows?!  (Read 9488 times)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Liking things from Lords of Shadows?!
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 06:26:04 AM »
OUCH... well you got me there  ;D
I wish this was the case my fren... but it really isn’t. He’s not as recognizable as Mario or hell, even Crash Bandicoot. people especially casual gamers are quicker to recognize Pac-Man before Simon. that’s prolly because Castlevania especially the early ones was always kinda a niche series, due to its sheer difficulty. But are you trying to say that if IGA had used Simon (the red-haired, CV Chronicles/Judgment version that was “popular” at the time) in his trailer then he would’ve kept the series?

Is he iconic? Yes absolutely. I’m not saying he isn’t. But that doesn’t mean he’s also instantly recognizable amongst the entire gaming community, especially since there are way more game protagonists these days that have since overshadowed him. I don’t believe he’s on the same level as Mega Man in terms of worldwide notoriety.

I’m kinda confused by your wording so forgive me, it seems like English isn’t your native language. I believe that you’re confusing the plot with the gameplay when you say
But how many times do we actually fight other vampires in Castlevania games? Only a handful, at best? The Combat Cross, as explained by the in-game description, was drenched in holy water during its construction, it was baptized with holy rituals, and the metal stake at the base was added as the “finishing touch” to officially give it the title “Vampire Killer,” since stakes historically are the most popular way to “kill” a vampire. So I’m still confused as to what your argument against the Combat Cross not being a true vampire killer *FOR THE LORDS OF SHADOW MYTHOS* is, since all the evidence I presented states otherwise. I suggest you look up the Combat Cross on the Castlevania Wiki if you don’t believe my words  ;)

Edit: concerning what you said about the games always saying “the whip has been passed down from grandfather & so forth for generations,” that’s both true & untrue. The early games, from what I recall, barely place an extreme importance on a “single whip” being passed down. Instead they placed importance on the Belmont BLOODLINE, that just happens to use a whip as their weapon of choice. In the IGA era the whip has substantially more significance, and the fact that Belmonts wielding random whips was pretty much retconned at that point. CV:Belmont’s Revenge, I believe it states that there was a holy ceremony that gave Christoph’s son Soleiyu the TITLE of Vampire Hunter/Killer. Which suggests that they’ve been doing this for centuries. It doesn’t say “Soleiyu inherited the title from his father and thus was granted the Holy Whip Vampire Killer which was passed down from the Belmont Family for ages.” He even has his OWN whip when you fight him in the game, so...

like I said before, Belmonts being important to CV? Yaaas, especially to us hardcore fans. But that’s not the sole reason everyone else buy the games, it’s not “playing as a Belmont is paramount to our enjoyment of the series” for them
And if you read the wiki son you'll see that it says

"Although the Vampire Killer itself gets no permanent damage upgrade or has any outstanding supernatural powers"

That's why they needed the Holy water, cos the combat cross was NOT the bane of the night. The vampire killer is a holy relic that  destroys monsters on contact as it has  supernatural powers, that all evil are weak against cos of its Holy power.
 And the combat cross, is just a chain whip, yes it has some it has  holy water on it. But like it says it has NO outstanding supernatural powers.

That's what I mean by True Vampire Killer.  And the very fact, that you can't tell what the difference  between Vampire Killer the Sorcery Whip" (妖鞭バンパイアキラー).  The whip that will destroy all who are related to the kindred of the night.

And the Combat cross, which  in the end is just a chain, a powerful chain, but just a Chain, Tells me that you have very little  understanding of The Castlevania Mythos

And Pro Tip Son I'm from the UK and English is my first language  ;) 

As  for Simon, yes, yes!!! he is I don't know what rock you've been living under but, he was one of  big names of the 8 bit world, when you think of CV you think  him every bit as  big a mega man.

And  a  niche series, crash bandicoot really, really. Sorry is this a wind Up, I mean are you really saying that Simon Belmont, one of biggest games on the bloody  NES and made Simon a household name, is Not as big as some Very BAD sonic clone. You really need to get your facts right Sunshine
 It was one of the Big Games of its time everyone had herd of it, i didn't own a NES , but i knew of it and Simon, my pals  knew of it.  Your making your self less, and less credible with every word. and yes again the whip was  A Big part from the start.

A young man named Simon, the descendant of the Belmont clan, has come forth to help out in this crisis. Armed with a whip possesed with
mysterious powers, passed down to him from his father, he sets out to Dracula's castle on his own..."

So The whip is and Was Big Part.
  And I'm glad you talked about red haired Simon, as that is one of the biggest  sticking points  for fans, many  and I have  seen bitch, fight over bitch fight about him. and 10000s of fan always say this.
"I want the classic Simon, back, when are we getting the real Simon back" 
And we all saw LoS1 trailer  and thought YES he's back, the holy knight (little did we know)

After every thing you've said I really don't think your qualified to Be having this debate, As you seem to know nothing about the classic games or just games  general
 I'm going to leave you  Now with  this advice

learn your CV.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 01:16:03 PM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 02:07:19 PM »
And the combat cross, is just a chain whip, yes it has some it has  holy water on it. But like it says it has NO outstanding supernatural powers.
The games (especially LoS2) establish that the original Combat Cross that Gabriel used was the most powerful weapon created by Rinaldo Gandolfi. Again you're confusing gameplay with story. It is supernatural in its own right. That's the reason why Zobek rebuilt it, because it was the only weapon that can "destroy" Satan & end Dracula's immortality. Just a piece of it (the stake part) that Gabriel used to kill Carmila, was melted down into the Crissaegrim & was powerful enough to put Dracula in a near-death state.

It's pretty obvious that the developers intended it to be their rendition of the Vampire Killer, whether you agree or not is irrelevant. Your argument of "b-but it doesn't contain the soul of Gabriel's wife like the original contains Leon's wifes soul therefore it's not supernatural & is inferior" is kinda funny. It doesn't shoot fireballs, it doesn't transform into leather, but it doesn't have to.

As  for Simon, yes, yes!!! he is I don't know what rock you've been living under but, he was one of  big names of the 8 bit world, when you think of CV you think  him every bit as  big a mega man.
Again, I'm not saying he's not iconic, he's just lesser known. There are many music artists from the 70's that are truly iconic, but if you show a picture of them to today's generation, they would have no idea who they are. Similar case with not just Simon, but many other old gaming protagonists as well. That's just the reality of the situation. You are thinking from a diehard fans perspective, not a general, casual fan perspective. Therefore you are biased and it def shows  :o

It would be different if Simon was the star of every single Castlevania game, but he wasn't. Therefore he's not as popular as other protagonists that have always been the star of their series. He's been in the most games, but you're buggin if you think gamers of today will recognize Simon alongside Master Chief or Solid Snake. That's what I was trying to convey with the Crash Bandicoot reference. Do you understand?

After every thing you've said I really don't think your qualified to Be having this debate, As you seem to know nothing about the classic games or just games  general
 I'm going to leave you  Now with  this advice

learn your CV
lol seems that I've struck a nerve. I am a "trollmeister," after all  ;D
You can't offend me with your words, so you shouldn't get offended by mine. This isn't a dick measuring contest dude. Like I said in my original post, this is all in good fun
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:27:41 PM by crisis »

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2018, 09:57:38 AM »
The games (especially LoS2) establish that the original Combat Cross that Gabriel used was the most powerful weapon created by Rinaldo Gandolfi. Again you're confusing gameplay with story. It is supernatural in its own right. That's the reason why Zobek rebuilt it, because it was the only weapon that can "destroy" Satan & end Dracula's immortality. Just a piece of it (the stake part) that Gabriel used to kill Carmila, was melted down into the Crissaegrim & was powerful enough to put Dracula in a near-death state.

It's pretty obvious that the developers intended it to be their rendition of the Vampire Killer, whether you agree or not is irrelevant. Your argument of "b-but it doesn't contain the soul of Gabriel's wife like the original contains Leon's wifes soul therefore it's not supernatural & is inferior" is kinda funny. It doesn't shoot fireballs, it doesn't transform into leather, but it doesn't have to.
Again, I'm not saying he's not iconic, he's just lesser known. There are many music artists from the 70's that are truly iconic, but if you show a picture of them to today's generation, they would have no idea who they are. Similar case with not just Simon, but many other old gaming protagonists as well. That's just the reality of the situation. You are thinking from a diehard fans perspective, not a general, casual fan perspective. Therefore you are biased and it def shows  :o

It would be different if Simon was the star of every single Castlevania game, but he wasn't. Therefore he's not as popular as other protagonists that have always been the star of their series. He's been in the most games, but you're buggin if you think gamers of today will recognize Simon alongside Master Chief or Solid Snake. That's what I was trying to convey with the Crash Bandicoot reference. Do you understand?
lol seems that I've struck a nerve. I am a "trollmeister," after all  ;D
You can't offend me with your words, so you shouldn't get offended by mine. This isn't a dick measuring contest dude. Like I said in my original post, this is all in good fun

But your missing this

it was Gabriel's FATE, not the weapon. He could have used anything like he did with Cornell.  again Not The weapon itself, the monsters were never weak to it cos  of its holy power, again that's why they needed the holy water, again how are you missing this?. zobek would have known if it would have been  enough, But its was not, as the  Vampire Killer is known as

"the Legendary Whip and the bane of all vampires"

And the that's not the combat cross full stop, no wiggle room  like "Oh bu... its has this and that" again the combat cross itself
 has no real power over vampires and monsters, YES the cross had the stake part, but again IT was Gabriel's Fate  that Killed
 Carmilla, plus  stakes can kill a vampires, again another great point you brought up  ;)

The real vampire Killer Can just kill a vampires and other Monster On contact, cos of its holy magic, that's why the  stake part got left put after rondo of blood, cos it was unneeded.  unlike the combat cross. I'm not saying its not got magic powers it has, but its not the same as the REAL vampire Killer.

And the Vampire Killer had this Power well before  Lament of Innocence. as its been known as the Magic whip. And it was known to kill vampires and Monster due to its holy power.

So  no that is not my argument, my point is that it has no real Holy power that monsters are weak against. 

Again its just blunt damage. it is not the same thing. again the holy water proves that point, as the affect that relic has  on vampires is far stronger then the combat cross, that's why it was important to Find it.

As Zobek needed Gabriel to complete His plan. So he would not have put  Gabriel's life in danger  Unless they really needed it. and that's from the story not game play :D.

And if he had the REAL Vampire Killer then they would not need the holy water.

again I seem to think your a bit of LoS Fan boy, as you  can't stand the idea of the combat cross not being as powerful a the REAL Vampire Killer

And yes it was used  to forge  the Crissaegrim cos  of its was powerful connection To Fate, that's why it has the power it has (and the other stuff that went in to it)

And in the occult when we used something like he did the combat cross, We put her own life force in it, Giving powers. It becomes a part of us,

there for being the only thing that can kill him, And the  fact it killed satan  was fate,

It was always Gabriel's fate to kill him, like Zobek too, they were all linked by fate. that's the only reason  it worked. Not cos of the cross itself. It was Gabriel's weapon of choice, if it had been a sword, and or something else it would have still been the same.

And again with simon again he is still soo well know, he is CV, you ask any gamer (Non cv fan) and they say this

"Oh yeah  that simon, i saw Him on the AVGN, or oh yeah i know him, he uses that kinky whip, why does he not just use a sword" ( hate it when they call the whip kinky)

again he is timeless that's just the facts.

Again everyone knows the phase "what a horrible night to have a curse" and they know its from Simon's quest. So yes he still is one of the faces of CV. and he has been the star of many games,  everyone knows him. so he is still big today.

And no one is getting offend here ;D  I get very passionate on the subject of the whip and Belmont's
And i only want to help, as  i hate the idea of you saying something like this in public and looking like you don't understand CV lore.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:57:56 AM by Guy Belmont »
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Tags: