Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: billions of dollars  (Read 2585 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: May 18, 2012, 12:20:15 PM »
+2

instagram recently was bought by Facebook for a billion dollars, making its staff of 5 millionares overnight.

this morning, Facebook went public with about $35 a stock, making it's employees hella rich and founder Mark Zuckerberg's networth exceeding 20billion.

Bono, who has invested in FB in 2009, stands to become the richest musician on the planet, surpassing Paul McCartney's estimated 1billion.

FML

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
In other words, God has a trollface.

What is keeping Facebook alive? It's, what, 7 years now..? In Internet years, it's ancient.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:28:09 PM by A-Yty »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »
+1
I wish I was that rich...;;_;;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline ScionOfBalance

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 05:27:14 PM »
+1
i wish i had half of his money....

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
What is keeping Facebook alive? It's, what, 7 years now..? In Internet years, it's ancient.

8 years old actually. Facebook will remain competitive until something new and innovative comes along. It's always been the case and it is only a matter of time.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 11:31:13 PM »
Guess people find Google+ creepy (or boring). The thing is, Facebook isn't much better in terms of trust, with its ever-changing policies and whatnot.

I'd like a profile site for nerds.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 01:38:12 AM »
+1

Why? Because it's so bloody useful. It has so many good features and I don't see anyone coming up with a better system for now. And don't be like, "oh facebook? f**k that, I don't even use it". It's damn useful. It's a better way to stay in touch with some of your older friends. Reasons why facebook changed my life:
1. Sharing events is much easier. You no longer need to call people and tell them, hey man, there's this party downtown.. Now you do it with just one button.
2. You no longer need to send your friends photographs. Just share them on facebook.
3. Good tool for discussing current events.
4. Stalking on girls is easier than ever Hmmm, getting interesting info about people is easier than ever.  :P
5. Entertainment. Lots of funny groups to follow.
6. Studying. We have groups on facebook used for discussing college assignments. Very useful.
*. Games. Never play them, still think they're worth being mentioned.

All in all, facebook is a great tool.  If membership cost money, I'm sure many people would have paid.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:45:13 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 12:00:24 AM »
Normally id be all over something like that, but I remember back when myspace was in, and was going to be around forever.

The Facebook came in and absorbed pretty much all of Myspace's clients.

Facebook is a giant now, but Id rather not risk the next big shiny thing coming in and overshadowing Facebook, thus making them stocks seem kinda worthless.

slightly related note:

I had a history teacher in High School Senior year, who when her mother died, she inherited a Coca Cola stock. At the time, she was young and brash, and sold the stock for a sweet ride.

She laments that the ride lasted a few years, but if she had kept the stock, she probably wouldnt be teaching right then. I mean seriously. Coca Cola.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: