Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Americanos, are you voting this year?  (Read 23782 times)

Offline TheTextGuy

• Vampire Hunter
  • Rocket punch!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Americanos, are you voting this year?
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »
+1
Pretty much the same here. Unlike pretty much everyone around me, I didn't feel despair or sadness or anything at the result election. I just felt nothing. I knew for quite a while that I wasn't going to be happy with the result either way, so I've braced for it for a really long time.

I'm, more than anything, just trying to remain hopeful.

I too, felt that same feeling of ennui, and I live up north in Canada where our election's already finished!  Specifically starting around when Sanders lost to Clinton in the DNC leadership race due to some biases within said party.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2016, 08:35:39 PM »
I've never blacked out. And I have full memory the day after. But I did have to lie down for like 30 min to an hour after getting my headache.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2016, 02:23:44 PM »
So, no one has anything to say on the mass legalization of marijuana that just happened?   :o

It's been legal in Oregon for a bit now and I don't really look politically beyond it unless it's something nationwide

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2016, 11:42:28 PM »
Pretty much the same here. Unlike pretty much everyone around me, I didn't feel despair or sadness or anything at the result election. I just felt nothing. I knew for quite a while that I wasn't going to be happy with the result either way, so I've braced for it for a really long time.

I'm, more than anything, just trying to remain hopeful.

This is usually how I view it. But PC culture has been annoying me for some time now, and it's being pushed hard in the last 2 years at least, so I'm glad Hillary lost. It's one of the reason I think Trump is better. Though who knows if he'll join them in the PC culture or not. He's already reigning in some of his comments which isn't a horrible thing but it isn't great either.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »
+3
I'm much less worried about the person in office than I am the people that follow either side.  Whatever power the office does or does not hold, I believe it's "We the people" that make or break this country.

Tags: