Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: [Fan Games] Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Eggerland, Mario, Megaman  (Read 126468 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: [Feedback] Castlevania: The Demon Castle fangame project ideas
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »
There will definitely be plenty to explore. No timer either. Decided to do away with it.

Question: Hearts exclusively for MP & multiple weapon pickups for ammo, or classic hearts for ammo, or selectable in options?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2011, 08:10:57 PM »
I think hearts would be cool if they functioned like in SotN, like they're ammo for your subs only, whereas MP could be used to fuel magic attacks.

Like giving Simon some reference to Sypha would be cool, in giving him her magical abilities.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2011, 08:25:04 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of how Juste can infuse the sub-weapons with magick, but not to the same extent. Oh, just remembered the perfect reference; the item crashes in Bloodlines! It would be like that. Use hearts for simple weapon boosts and multiple weapon pickups for ammo. So you would need both weapons and hearts fr the mini crashes. That way you can always have the right sub-weapon for the right situation provided that you've picked them up. How is that? I'll still include a classic mode for the true old-school experience.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of how Juste can infuse the sub-weapons with magick, but not to the same extent. Oh, just remembered the perfect reference; the item crashes in Bloodlines! It would be like that. Use hearts for simple weapon boosts and multiple weapon pickups for ammo. So you would need both weapons and hearts fr the mini crashes. That way you can always have the right sub-weapon for the right situation provided that you've picked them up. How is that? I'll still include a classic mode for the true old-school experience.

I like the Juste reference, mainly cuz Simon was reference in HoD. I like all the ideas you're tossing out. Shows a lot of promise so far. (:

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2011, 09:03:05 PM »
Thanks! I figure if I'm gonna bother to remake a game that has been done half a dozen times already, I might as well add stuff that people will enjoy. When this is done and if people like it i'll tackle CV2 next, only my version will have everything CV:tDC has and then some! But that is for an eventual future. Right now theres plenty to do in this game. I want this to be something people look at and say, "Now THIS is the ultimate old-school Castlevania reborn!" And with everyone's input and both TheoAegis' & Jorge's help it will be!! Damn! I'm stoked!!
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2011, 09:12:59 PM »
I'm actually excited about this project a lot. There are ideas in here that I've concepted for a game, but I don't have the skill to do it. If there's anything I can help with, I'd love to. (:

A suggestion would be this:
Try something like CV3 or RoB and give multiple stage paths, so you don't play every stage in one playthrough. That would increase the replay value. (:
Course, I realize it's hard to do, but its a suggestion.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2011, 09:15:04 PM »
Already planned around that. ^__^
Check out the first post for the stage progression I came up with. It basically splits the came into a classic CV1 path and a modern CV4/X68K path. I mapped out the stage progression of CV3 yesterday for comparison and it's actually very similar except without a bit simpler.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:18:02 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »
Okay, I'm definitely getting this when it's a finished project. :D

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2011, 12:42:24 AM »
 ;D

Here's the stage 1 room map. New version with less repetition and more custom rooms. 1/3rd of the stage is new content.

That first room is the intro screen.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:35:22 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2011, 12:52:53 AM »
So I'm guessing there's gonna be some advantage to going to the top room in section 1-2? Cuz if not... then it seems like it's just a pointless way around. o.o

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2011, 12:59:55 AM »
No choice. Have to go that way in order to figure out the portcullis puzzle otherwise you can't go through on the ground floor.
Then there's figuring out how to get to that basement.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2011, 01:12:23 AM »
Oh, see thought it'd be like that too, but didn't think it'd work, but since that's how you're doing it...

The basement floor is only one room. Something hidden in there?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2011, 01:24:40 AM »
Maybe. Maybe not.  ;D
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2011, 06:23:51 AM »
Oh well. I'll stop asking questions about the content of the stages (unless its something broad like "Are there gonna be enemies?"). Don't wanna spoil the fun for anyone. Or myself.

But yeah, keep up the good work. I hope to see some screens of the finished (or coming toward finished) stage. (:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:25:04 AM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2011, 10:18:44 AM »
I'll be working on the tiles today. I should be done in a couple of days. I'll put it together sans sprite so I can release an Alpha demo.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: