Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Resurrection prototype found  (Read 13528 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Resurrection prototype found
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 05:12:56 AM »
+1
Shocker... Smh

Meanwhile guys don't bid. We need to not drive up the price. there are 9 days left to try to form a plan.

We have to hope now that whoever gets it is cool and shares it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:50:34 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 06:06:46 AM »
+1
There's been a lot of dumps of game prototypes lately, including Castlevania, and this would be the crown jewel of them regardless of how unpolished it is.

I haven't been keeping up with gaming news as much as I used to.  Which other Castlevania photos have turned up recently?

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 06:18:40 AM »
+1
I haven't been keeping up with gaming news as much as I used to.  Which other Castlevania photos have turned up recently?

Last year was the dump of a Super Castlevania IV playable prototype that was among a ton of Nintendo leaks, and just a few weeks ago there was a dump of press copies of PS2 games that included Lament of Innocence.

I keep hoping that one day that Bloodlines beta proto rom (TARA200) will finally be ripped and leaked, but that's likely a fool's dream.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 08:27:33 AM »
+1
Perhaps we should approach the Bloodstained community, or really any actual large gathering place with Castlevania fans, and propose a fundraiser? One that would guarantee a dumped ISO.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 08:50:00 AM »
+1
It's up to $7,100. I dunno who is going to want to throw in to something that could potentially go over $10k.

That said, I would be willing to put something together if enough people were interested in chipping in and there was potential we could make it. I don't have a Dreamcast but I 100% would rip everything and dump it publicly as long as someone told me how to do so. I don't know if GoFundMe is the best avenue to try or some other fundraising platform, but it would need to be something that I could 100% refund everyone if anything we raise ends up not being enough (and doesn't kill me in fees).

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 09:49:52 AM »
+1

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2021, 10:15:53 AM »
+1
This guy should have just done a Kickstarter with a goal of 10k or 20k to dump it. Then everyone could have won. The way he's gone about this rubs me the wrong way because he's treated it like it's just another rare game when it could be the last chance this game has to ever be truly shared. ???? It's beyond rare.

Now it runs the risk of shipping damage and of being horded by another collector.

I assumed he was in france but I guess it's the US.

Not to be a downer but realistically it's gonna be pretty tough to pull enough people together to make something happen, we'd probably have to get everyone here on board. Meanwhile I guess we can have some fun and make guesses at the sale price.

Lets see how this goes over the next few days and it will be clear if it's even gonna be possible.

I'm predicting it will go up to 35k at least.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2021, 10:29:14 AM »
+1
So he just updated the ebay page with this:

On Apr-07-21 at 10:05:41 PDT, seller added the following information:

Hi Everyone! I’m getting a lot of questions about the disc being backed up. Rest assured I wouldn’t let this go without one. It will be released at some point.

Dunno what to believe, but.....maybe they do have a shred of decency....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 11:07:49 AM by Sindra »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2021, 10:44:51 AM »
+1
Oh wow!

That would totally change everything. Hopefully he's a man of his word!

In light of that I'll revise my guess down to 10k. ????

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2021, 03:49:27 PM »
+1
Oh wow!

That would totally change everything. Hopefully he's a man of his word!

In light of that I'll revise my guess down to 10k. ????

Well it's up to $20k now, so you have little faith in the trolls hoping to fuck each other over, lol.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2021, 05:25:06 PM »
+1
Ha!

Yeah I saw that! I was pretty much totally wrong less than an hour after I said that lol.

They must not be noticing the update on his description or who knows what. I have no idea what to expect with 9 days of this left to go.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 01:08:15 AM »
+1
...Aaaaaand the auction is cancelled.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2021, 05:02:47 AM »
+1
For the second day in a row I wake up way too early from a nightmare to read a crazy new update about this from Nagumo. Hahaha what an odd few days this has been.

Well it sounds like he was gonna do the right thing after all so lets just hope he took that down willingly and that konami hasn't stepped in to shut it all down. ????
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:33:53 AM by Belmontoya »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 09:58:29 AM »
+1
Personally I don't see why Konami should even remotely bother to care at this point. It's been decades and they aren't ever going to do anything with it. They just up and threw this unfinished game to the wolves. But they'll do what they do. Knowing who and what they are it's kinda expected.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 07:00:27 PM »
+1
Answers are coming soon! Stay tuned!

Tags:

anything