Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Batman? DEAD!?  (Read 8920 times)

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
Batman? DEAD!?
« on: November 28, 2008, 02:01:24 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,458725,00.html

...I... am at a loss for words.

DC COMICS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 03:35:32 PM »
This sucks! Bruce Wayne is awesome. When Marvel killed Steve Rogers it worked somehow. It sucked but it worked. Killing Bruce Wayne just isn't as interesting and feels more upsetting. This could be interesting though, I'll have to look further into it
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 03:57:03 PM »

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Batman? DEAD!?
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »
Except this time, it's official.

I bet it'll get retconned, though. Jason Todd, anyone?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 10:27:46 PM »
Wow.... this is retarded beyond belief. Screw DC Comics. Another character can't take over for Bruce Wayne. They tried that with Batman beyond, and look at how much that batman sucked in comparison (I actually found the series semi decent for a batman show though.)

EDIT: Wow... I just read some of it by *ahem* means easy enough to guess, and it was stupid. Dear god, it was stupid.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:14:46 PM by Kale »

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 11:55:22 PM »
The first time I actually hope they're doing the usual fake shit.

Getting rid of Wayne sounds impossible. Though he has heirs, he is irreplaceable as Batman. It's like trying to replace Superman or Darkseid.

I'm guessing he either faked it or that someone will get a replacement Bruce from another universe.

Oh wait, didn't they get wiped out in Countdown? Nevermind..

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »
In Reply To #5

It was decent. But that's partly because it had Wayne involved.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 12:01:39 AM »
Well, I read... after reading some of Rip, that he isn't dead. As part of an interview, of course, it could be fake, since I rarely look up this stuff, I don't knwo which site is reliable or not.

I also read, that the writer of RIP is the writer of Final Crisis or something. And that batman did/will show up in that, and its suppose to happen after.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 03:02:06 AM »
My guess is Hush was behind the whole thing. His fate was left ambiguous in "Hush". "Hush Returns" didn't seem canon, but even in that his death was far from certain.

Hush knows Wayne is Batman. I'm not saying Hurt couldn't be Thomas Wayne, but that twist would be really, really shitty. So 24 or Star Wars.

They may retire Wayne temporarily, but he won't be put aside permanently. And they certainly wouldn't be stupid enough to kill him.

Just out of curiosity, how have Batman's sales been doing lately? I understand the primary reason behind the "death" of Superman was the low sales figures.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 07:40:15 AM »
Batman has got to be the most popular figure in DC, I doubt that he went down hill.

Offline Bizarro Belmont

• WHAT?
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 07:58:28 AM »
DC's big trend as of late has been killing off superheroes left and right. While none of them up to this one have been as staggering as Steve Rogers, this is REALLY rearing the trend. Case in point, they dust off an old Teen Titan from the mothballs and kill em' like, every other issue it seems.

Still, Bruce Wayne is dead. Holy shit. Wose yet, if Tim Drake takes the mantle (Most likely), then it'll further link that Titans of Tomorrow storyline. Which would be ridiculous.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 08:02:46 AM by Bizarro Belmont »

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 08:06:24 AM »
What really annoyed me about this is that it kinda knocks Batman Beyond from Canon, and I really liked that series.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 09:07:20 AM »
In Reply To #12

I don't think it ever was part of the main continuity. I think it was part of the DC Animated Universe canon.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 11:44:54 AM »
In Reply To #12

Love that Batman Beyond.  That whole Project Cadmus thing with MgGinnis was awesome.  Also the whole Justice League linking, etc.

Mmmm... good times, good times...

Also "Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker" movie.  AWESOME!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 08:51:42 PM »
Still, Bruce Wayne is dead. Holy shit. Wose yet, if Tim Drake takes the mantle (Most likely), then it'll further link that Titans of Tomorrow storyline. Which would be ridiculous.

According to the Tie ins, Tim Drake stays Robin. But Cassandra (The last batgirl iirc, part of the outsider which broke after Batman's "death") went out to gather people to recreate the Outsiders with people who are capable enough to be Batman, as a collective group.

But it leaves us off with Nightwing sounding like he'll stop her, and I hope she beats the living daylights out of him and throw him down into a pile of vile excess.

By the way, when I said Batman Beyond was semi decent, that means it was on par with Superman, the other tv show i liked quite a bit. But it just isn't batman.

Tags: