Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Good grief, SOPA's back again?  (Read 7352 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:18:09 PM »
Thanks for helping us be aware this is happening. I our best hope for another delay to this insane travesty of justice is for Google and Amazon to protest again.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 10:56:41 AM »
Well I'm not an American either but I would definitely like to sign that petition. Any kind of group like SOPA or PIPA that promotes this bulls**t against the rights and freedoms of others should be put to the sword. They don't know what they are talking about and they don't know us, let alone what's best for us. I also find many religions have this same problem. They can't learn to leave well enough alone and fail to even remotely try to understand everyone else. So instead they dictate what's right and what isn't. That in my mind is deserving of a bullet in the head.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »
That's how the hustle is played. One gets turned down, it becomes back slightly altered. They'll hammer it until it goes through.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 11:43:10 AM »
Its Obama pulling the strings if you ask me. We have evidence showing that he wants to lower privacy and this sort of things.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »
I wouldn't really call it 'evidence'.
I disagree.  I don't think it's him.

I'm against SOPA and PIPA though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 05:30:40 PM »
Yet, it is true that privacy is progresively fading away each day in this world.
It really annoys me the way they know everything and how everything is registered everywhere.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »
I'm ONLY going to throw these two cents in and nothing more before this turns politically ugly real quick.

Obama's really in the position Hoover was. He inherited most of his problems, and the few things he's done the public doesn't like get blown up like mad and nothing else matters. It's the same shit every four years. The public loves the new guy, and as soon as he starts changing shit, they hate him, and bitch about him until his term's up. Then, another new guy comes along promoting change and everybody thinks he's real swell. And the process repeats.

As for privacy, that's been slowly ebbing away for decades. The invention of the Internet's just helped speed it up, is all. Limitless information flow and anonymity are as much of a curse as they are a blessing.

Regardless of who's pulling the strings or not pulling the strings, this whole thing's outrageous. Much as I hate to admit it, A-ty's right. It's only a matter of time before the top brass gives it the green light.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »
It not Obama, but it is very easy to blame him. I won't because unlike the ignorant masses out there I've got a little more Knowledge about America's governmental system. There are three levels of government in America. The first is the government everyone knows about. The second is those who handle things like Plausible deniability, cover-ups regarding things like UFOs (the Roswell incident) and such. Then there's the third level of government who absolutely nobody should know about (mainly the two other levels of government). They are known as the 'BBB' or Black Budget Boys. They are apparently a secret club that has global influences. I have no-doubt that they also want the New World Order and that this 'stripping' of peoples' rights and freedoms a little bit at a time, is just the start of it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 07:26:22 PM »
So you are saying that MIB was a satire of BBB without no one knowing?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 10:25:51 PM »
So you are saying that MIB was a satire of BBB without no one knowing?

The MIBs belong to the second level of government as they are a part of the UFO conspiracy. The BBBs are beyond that. They have no-doubt in the past influenced the world's stage to their liking and they are still doing it even as I write this up.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 10:51:36 AM »
Start a political debate and be sure that X would bring up conspiracy theories. Good lord.

Only thing I can say is that you should value your privacy, but know that other matters are for consideration. Like security.
Find out that someone reads your e-mail or listens to your phone calls, everyone goes crazy.
Hear a story about a pedophile or a terrorist caught after tracking down his calls, everybody cheers.

Orwellian conspiracies? New world order? Don't believe in it. You know why? I have my own evidence: government agencies, especially American ones, are not effective. They are too competitive, selfish and are not reluctant enough to cooperate to pull off any evil conspiracies. Back in ancient times conspiracies were all hush-hush and even then they were exposed quite often . Today in a world where confidential information is easily and often leaked, secrecy is an illusion. You see? The destruction of privacy works both ways.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
It isn't so much a crackpot conspiracy thing, Freddy. With how much American government kisses corporate ass and the frightening power the big-business CEOs hold, it's a fair assumption that the country's long since been bought. Shit hasn't been right for generations. The Presidential Roulette shuffle has never actually produced someone who's brought anything to a point of truly being fixed. Voting doesn't really matter if you aren't in an electoral state, and even that seems fishy. Corporate bailouts are commonplace and no bigwig corporate CEO ever gets in the hot seat. Too many red flags exist to ignore the possibility (though as far as I'm concerned it may as well be fact).

There may or may not be some New World Order Manifest Destiny regime going on, but whether there is or not, I don't really care. If there isn't, we're still in a shithole. If there is, it's so far behind the scenes we'll never know the answer, and we're still stuck in a shithole. It doesn't matter either way, though it's fun to discuss just because it gives us a moment of thinking we've figured everything out.

And America in particular on the world stage is a fucking HAVEN for double standards. They're not going anywhere for a long time.

And I'm just gonna toss the Metal Gear Solid system of control used by the Patriots on the table. Just because it's relevant and lightens the mood a bit.

yeah i totally lied about that not saying any more thing

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 04:54:36 PM »
+1

The Great Noodly One has deemed it so!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »
Owch! Shiver me timbers!  :o

Tags:

anything