Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Characters you want to see in a CV fighting game.  (Read 8506 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Characters you want to see in a CV fighting game.
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:58:01 PM »
+3
A guilty pleasure topic. You can lazily copy/paste names or if you're feeling wild you can even explain your choices. But who cares about that, right?

• Kid Dracula.
  • Gabriel "grim face" Belmont.
  • Medusa.
  • SCIV Simon.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Characters you want to see in a CV fighting game.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:25:38 PM »
Take Serio's Castlevania fighter, remove the non-CV characers, and add in the NES, Genesis, and GB characters that didn't make it in yet and we'll be good :D
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »
There is a SCVIV and NES Simon. Hold start and then select Simon. Maria also has her RoB look with different attacks. Richter also has his RoB outfit and there is also Hanz Belmont which was the Cancelled Castlevania game that became SotN... Castlevania "The Bloodletting". There is a patch that removes non-castlevania characters, you just have to remove it. And the game has standards in which they won't just take any CV content and post it in the game. Genesis art style doesn't suit the SotN, DoS, PoR and OoE spriting standards and NES Simon is good enough for 8-bit, otherwise it won't be any special.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »
+1
Take Serio's Castlevania fighter, remove the non-CV characers, and add in the NES, Genesis, and GB characters that didn't make it in yet and we'll be good :D
Pretty much this.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 12:01:40 AM »
I don't think I want to see a Castlevania fighting game, especially not again, but I guess if it had to happen, I think Maxim Kischine's ninja-like skill set would add an interesting flavor to the hypothetical game. Maybe he could also go into possessed mode when certain conditions are met, granting him different or enhanced abilities, or something.

EDIT:
I was about to say that a Succubus would be a good idea, but I think it would be more interesting to include Annette Renard as L. Vampire. Or... have both of them.

ALSO!
I could see Blackmore having a lot of cool moves. Might want to diminish the size of his shadow or only have it come out at certain times, though. His room would also make for an awesome battle arena.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:11:19 AM by Successor The Cruel »

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 08:35:13 PM »
+2
Ehm... how about... 25 'good' units, 25 'bad' units, 5 secret characters, 5 monsters as part of stage designs, and menu characters:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Hmm...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 09:59:03 AM »
Ehm... how about... 25 'good' units, 25 'bad' units, 5 secret characters, 5 monsters as part of stage designs, and menu characters:

Nice roster! But since Arikado is Alucard then he should be an alternate costume selection thing rather then a separate character entirely.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:26 AM »
Christopher Belmont
Grant Danasty
Soleiyu Belmont
Olrox
Carrie Fernandez
Nathan Graves
Juste Belmont
Maxim Kischine
Graham Jones
Albus

...Grave Keeper. <_<
(click to show/hide)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 07:53:44 PM »
Juste Belmont with his magical powers could work pretty well. The Creature would also be cool.

Possessed Soleiyu Belmont would be nifty, to function as an evil foil to the whip-wielding heroes.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 09:29:54 AM »

BAM, perfect fit for a fighting game! He should be totally be god tier also, because awesome (and Kamen Rider love).  ;D

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »
^ A skeleton would actually be a good choice just because of how many types there have been over the course of the series.  It would be easy to make a move-set.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 06:39:31 AM »
i would like to see Julius because old school is badass but he must have his Holy Cross
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 02:13:47 AM »
Gabriel
Cornell CvLoD version
Henry
Carrie
Reinhardt schneider maybe
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 06:18:52 PM »
I'd love to see Charlotte and Carrie in an eventual Castlevania: Judgment 2.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 11:01:37 PM »
Grant - I mean normal pirate-like Grant. Not the beast from Judgement.

Tags: