Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: serious question...  (Read 10378 times)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:49:32 PM »
im really confused... ive been playing CV3 and noticed SYFA is pretty much a guy, So is SYFA, Sypha of the Benaldes clan? i just need a little clarification because im utterly confused at this point... thanks
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »
+1
Cipher was born a man, but since Vlad Dracula came to power, he began his corruption of mankind. Cipher was then turned to a jello-like substance by the Poltergeist King, but that condition was reversed upon confronting the Cyclops, which saw Cipher's true nature. He then cast a spell, but it didn't work correctly so Cipher then morphed into a stone building. When Ralph the savior approaches, he frees Cipher with his Belmont Warlord Chromosones. Upon Vlad Dracula's defeat, Ralph summons the power of Holy to rectify the curse, which brought about Cipher's feminine side. Alucard agreed, despite Grant's jealousy. Hence forth, Cipher was now known as Sypha, in which she bore Ralph's children with much chagrin; eventually leading to Juiced but that is another story for another time.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 06:18:07 PM »
im really confused... ive been playing CV3 and noticed SYFA is pretty much a guy, So is SYFA, Sypha of the Benaldes clan? i just need a little clarification because im utterly confused at this point... thanks

Her name is actually spelt 'Sypha'. 'Syfa' is incorrect. She is indeed a woman as the ending sequence of the game shows. But it does make you think otherwise until you finish the game.

Cipher was born a man, but since Vlad Dracula came to power, he began his corruption of mankind. Cipher was then turned to a jello-like substance by the Poltergeist King, but that condition was reversed upon confronting the Cyclops, which saw Cipher's true nature. He then cast a spell, but it didn't work correctly so Cipher then morphed into a stone building. When Ralph the savior approaches, he frees Cipher with his Belmont Warlord Chromosones. Upon Vlad Dracula's defeat, Ralph summons the power of Holy to rectify the curse, which brought about Cipher's feminine side. Alucard agreed, despite Grant's jealousy. Hence forth, Cipher was now known as Sypha, in which she bore Ralph's children with much chagrin; eventually leading to Juiced but that is another story for another time.

LOL!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 06:21:29 PM »
Syfa and Sypha were just mistranslations. As for Sypha's identity, the ending (assuming you choose her as your partner) reveals she has hidden her gender on purpose. That same reason is also probably why the game (and instruction manual) calls Syfa a he.
If I had to conjecture, I'm sure Metroid's big surprise that manly bad-ass Samus Aran is actually a woman was getting well-noticed by this point. Perhaps as a subtle homage (or attempt to cash in on it) they did the "Sypha's a woman!" twist at the end.

EDIT: Damn you X...I typed that whole little thing out and then I read "warning reply has been posted while you were typing" :P
At least I can still contribute my conjecture!
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 06:28:11 PM »

Omg, I can't stop laughing... XD

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 10:42:01 PM »
Syfa and Sypha were just mistranslations. As for Sypha's identity...

(click to show/hide)

@crisis
Im proud =´)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:45:25 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 11:16:52 PM »
Even though Sypha has a feminine face and feminine voice, she's obviously a man.

Yeah, the end of the 20th century wasn't kind to the Y chromosome.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 01:24:26 AM »
@Crisis: That is so awesome! Please continue the story. hehehe.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 01:39:22 AM »
Why when I post crazy stories like that (I do it almost all the time) I didn't receive the same response? =(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 05:14:52 AM »
ok... i feel like i need to have her instead of grant... but he is so better and i cant use sypha unless i have the holy lightning? nothing goin on at work so imma give it a shot!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »
EDIT: Damn you X...I typed that whole little thing out and then I read "warning reply has been posted while you were typing" :P
At least I can still contribute my conjecture!

lol! Sorry about scooping your scope  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 08:06:23 PM »
Her ice is better than her lightning, IMO.

Then again, I play the Jap version and it's just a bubble. I don't remember how the lightning spell moved in the US one.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 08:10:31 PM »
The lightning spell here shoots 3 balls that lock on and hover towards, through, and around a target. Think of Yoko's lightning attack in DoS's Julius mode.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 09:09:30 PM »
Sorry for a bit off-topic, but I LOVE Hokuto no Ken! We are livin~~Livin in 90s 90s 90s 90s~~~we still fight~~~fight in the 90s 90s 90s 90s~~~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 09:16:36 PM »
Nooooooo...! Son_the_vampire, they removed this video. T.T

! Fist of the Laugh Star

So instead of the parody take the original

Fist Of The North Star Opening Ver. 1 (Creditless)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:22:57 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: