Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Reserve DXC at Gamestop..  (Read 12870 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: September 28, 2007, 01:04:53 PM »
And get a free 8-Bit Simon Belmont action figure!
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Reserve DXC at Gamestop..
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 01:12:14 PM »
Really? Wasn't the 8-bit Simon an exclusive elsewhere?
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 01:22:33 PM »
Really?  Is that at the site or only in the stores?
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 01:33:02 PM »
I was at GS today, and read those little magazines they have in the front. It said if you reserve it, you get a 8-Bit Simon Belmont Figure when you come to pick it up.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »
Yeah as cool as that is, I already ordered one from the San Diego Comic Con cause Neca toys said it was a limited 1000 or 2000 or something, but I guess I'm getting a second one soon
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 06:29:26 PM »
In Reply To #5
Haha, sucker!

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 11:13:59 PM »
I'm tempted to reserve it now even though I don't have a PSP or plan on getting one just to get the figurine.

Steve

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 11:19:58 PM »
I've heard these were very poorly made (they certainly look like it), and that this promotion is more a ploy to get rid of their overstock than anything else.  Don't be fooled.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 01:20:34 AM »
I preordered mine, whether or not it comes with Simon I won't care, I'll likely just stand him on top of my PC desk anyway (I was told mine would come with a Pixel Simon).

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 03:10:01 AM »
Nothing special on this 8-bit Simon figure for me. I don't like it at all. It's like a pixelized picture of Simon, so i'm not interesting.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 05:32:23 AM »
The pixel-Simon was a SDCC exclusive, that they must have had some extras left over from....because I've heard that they'll only be given out to a undetermined amount of the early pre-orders of the game. When that will cut-off is anyone's guess, and it's only advertised in the stores from what I've seen.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 05:47:06 AM »
In Reply To #11

I have a printout from a while back.  When I go pick up the game, I'm taking the printout.

I want my 8bit Simon, dammitall.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 07:33:59 AM »
In Reply To #8
They were one of the best selling figures at comic-con.  You heard wrong.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 07:35:45 AM »
In Reply To #11
No, Neca is selling all there other comic con exclusives online except for Simon because they ran out.  They are making more for the pre-order.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 08:10:59 AM »
I have never even seen this 8-bit simon. Quite frankly, to me its all about the game itself, not the figure. Can anyone link me to an image of it anyway?

Also, I guess I'm more excited for my play-asia DXC order, since I got the Konamistyle special from there. November, how I cannot wait for you. :D

Tags:

anything