Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I like the new VA In PSP SoTN BETTER!  (Read 22992 times)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: I like the new VA In PSP SoTN BETTER!
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 02:58:54 PM »
I never thght the old ones were cheesy, classic... maybe, but they were awesome, withthe exception of Succubus' death, that can shatter eardrums.

mgfcortez

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2007, 05:25:27 AM »
I never thght the old ones were cheesy, classic... maybe, but they were awesome, withthe exception of Succubus' death, that can shatter eardrums.

thats why ppl get a little pissed because of saying its cheesy and all messed up just because they don't like them.
but i think the new VA sounds like a bunch of kids got together and did the VA imo.lol
so who cares i think the old VA is great very well done and cool as hell ;D
but i shouldn't had took it the way i did.
it's really not worth fighting over, alot of ppl love things that other ppl think is dog shit.
just the way life is,i think i just played sotn too many times ;D

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2007, 06:31:01 AM »
The original, classic thing blows the crap out of this one. Then again, it did so to the old usa voices too. Speaking of the real original+classic japanese voices, not this dubbed crap of course. :o

It's like for example someone taking the simpsons, changing their voices to russian, renaming homer to something else and unrelated, removing all the classic lines/catchphrases, then having everyone call that a classic and the original usa release some crap nobody except "weabos" cares about. :P

Offline Holycross

• Apprentice
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2007, 09:24:25 AM »
I never played the PSP version yet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Baigan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2007, 07:34:35 PM »
In Reply To #48

Except Castlevania doesn't take place in Japan. If the Simpsons took place in India, Russian may make just as much sense.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »
In Reply To #50

If the Simpsons were created by Russians, they'd be bound to speak Russian.

It's not like speaking English-speaking characters outside of Johnny Morris makes any sense, either.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:42:23 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Baigan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2007, 07:42:02 PM »
In Reply To #51

That wouldn't make it natural.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2007, 07:43:28 PM »
I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying they should speak English instead of Japanese?
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Baigan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2007, 07:49:54 PM »
In Reply To #53

I'm just faulting Serio's analogy. One language is as good as another. Here something European has been appropriated by Japan, Japanicized, and than Romanized back to us in English.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »
Honestly, I think the phrasing of the actors is a lot better as are the voices themselves for the most part. The only voice that I thought was worse was Death. Alucard actually kinda sounds like Stuart Townsend in "Queen Of The Damned" which I liked, and the exchange between Al & The Succubus was AWESOME! Very well done! Her voice was fantastic this time around.

I'll take well acted voices over crappy over-acted ones any day of the week thank you very much!

Hey mario is there an option for the original voices in the game? Just curious cuz I've always wondered what everyone sounds like in the original dub.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2007, 01:07:43 AM »
Castlevania never takes place in usa either, and england only for a brief amount of time (one level in bloodlines). By your logic almost everyone in cv should speak romanian. Only three characters were really from usa, Leon supposedly from france, and then there were few from spain (there may be some possibilities of characters from other countries too, but they weren't really specified).

And Death should be speaking some demonic language from hell. :P

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2007, 07:59:51 AM »
In Reply To #55

No there isn't. There IS however an option to change the language from English to Japanese.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2007, 08:04:58 AM »
The original, classic thing blows the crap out of this one. Then again, it did so to the old usa voices too. Speaking of the real original+classic japanese voices, not this dubbed crap of course. :o

It's like for example someone taking the simpsons, changing their voices to russian, renaming homer to something else and unrelated, removing all the classic lines/catchphrases, then having everyone call that a classic and the original usa release some crap nobody except "weabos" cares about. :P

The game's only been out a couple of weeks, so nothing has really had TIME to catch on as "classic."

When Richter and Dracula meet in Rondo and Dracula goes, "Belmont, son of Belmont!" I bust a nut laughing. To me, THAT'S classic!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2007, 09:16:12 AM »
I meant classic as in the original japanese voice. From what I hear the japanese voice tracks for old rondo and sotn were left untouched from their original 1990s releases.

For me an altered version of something can never attain the level of "classic". That term's mostly reserved for very old stuff like cv1 or cv3j in their purest forms.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2007, 10:07:45 AM »
In Reply To #55

No there isn't. There IS however an option to change the language from English to Japanese.

Cool thanks Doctamario, I like to have multiple language options, cuz sometimes the english dubbing is done really bad.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags: