Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Status...  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: October 11, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »
So a while back I just up and vanished so to speak. Yeah I am not really back. But I did think maybe now that things have calmed a bit I would try to resolve some mystery around my sudden departure for anyone that was wondering.

For starters I am relocating. That really has less to do with why I left on it's own but there a few reasons I am relocating. I dropped the projects that I had not really because I wanted to stop working on them. I dropped them in favor of paying gigs. An opportunity came up and I took it and that meant simply dropping a few projects I had that were things I wanted to finish but weren't going to pay.

I think some of you know I am more graphics oriented than programming oriented. That is actually changing but more on that later. I am teaming up with other people who have differing skill sets and we are working on projects that will make us money. I can't for obvious reasons go into any real detail on that but also it would be to early to really talk much about it anyhow.

Back to that graphics vs programming I mentioned. At the moment I am getting a bit better education in programming more out of necessity than anything but I also wouldn't mind having that skill under my belt. Basically I need to be semi proficient in that area and at the moment I am not.

At any rate there has been a lot of change going on in my life and I thought now that I have 5 seconds to breath I should at least fill some people in on what has been happening and why such a hasty and mysterious absence. So for anyone that might have been wondering there you have it.

Like I said I am not exactly back I doubt you will see a whole hell of a lot from me going forward as far as posting here. I miss this place but there just isn't any spare time in my life at the moment :(
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:56:20 PM by Corpsecrank »
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »
It took a bit, but I remember you now.

You're the guy who has no idea how game engines render anything, and seriously asked me what textures have to do with 2D graphics. All while high horsing like you're some super star 3D modeler and totally knows everything about how games are made.

Welcome back. :)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:28:27 AM »
Umm...congrats on furthering your education? Though it is refreshing to see someone who recognizes their weaknesses and goes out of their way to educate themselves and concentrate on those weak areas.

Hopefully it all works out, and remember, pointers are your friend and if you don't like them you may want to consider a different profession.  ;D

Though seriously, welcome back to the dungeon. Something about this place just draws us suckers back in.  ;) Not that I'm complaining mind you.

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 12:32:01 AM »
+2
It took a bit, but I remember you now.

You're the guy who has no idea how game engines render anything, and seriously asked me what textures have to do with 2D graphics. All while high horsing like you're some super star 3D modeler and totally knows everything about how games are made.

Welcome back. :)

Yes and I remember you the one who high horses around small communities like some kind of god and all knowing being that no one actually cares about. Nice to see you again :)
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 01:41:37 AM »
+2
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:43:24 AM by Successor The Cruel »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 05:12:34 AM »
Hi, welcome back.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »
Welcome back.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »
Hey! I wondered what happened to you, Welcome back  :) How's your Nosferatu game coming along?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: