Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Cross in DoS  (Read 4078 times)

Offline Xenotech

• Awards
Cross in DoS
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:32:54 AM »
I can't seem to find a good use for Julius' throwing cross in DoS. I used it vs Abbadon just because I hadn't used it much. Am I not using it properly?

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
Re: Cross in DoS
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 11:35:22 AM »
In Reply To #1

Don't worry yourself much over it. Truth be told, Julius was very wonky in that game, so it's of no surprise that you can't find much use for his cross. I barely used Julius to begin with. I just stuck with Alucard. I think onlyl time I used the cross was on final Soma.

System_Zero

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 11:47:41 PM »
Yeah his cross is easily out down by what Alucard and even Yoko can do.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 06:18:57 AM »
I used Julius and Yoko alot, but it has been a long time since I played it so I don't remember certain things.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 09:34:53 AM »
I don't use subweapons much in any of the CV games.  Unless I'm fighting Death in CV1...then the rules change a bit.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 09:32:06 AM »
In Reply To #5

I'm the same way. At first, I think it was an attempt to conserve hearts, but after awhile I got so used to rarely using them that I have only a couple spots where I break em out.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »
I'll use the cross for bosses ( look how quick Rowdain goes down! wooo! ) and to cover my ass when im swinging from hooks or taking a jump ( at least i know i can whip as I land if the cross wasnt enough)
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Quasar

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 12:18:03 PM »
Subweapons were once a lot more important. This was before your characters could summon the legions of hell, cast spells that would make Gandalf turn green, knew Kung Fu, and were more agile than circus acrobats.

Take Castlevania III for example. Every speedrun I've watched of that game is pure Holy Water spammage. Holy Water seems to be the entire key to getting anywhere in that game.

Then you have PoR. Did that game even HAVE holy water? I don't remember because if it did, it wasn't useful to me :P

Offline Xenotech

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 11:05:37 PM »
I found Julius very usefull in some situations. Alucard kicks ass vs anything and is a great all rounder but sometimes its good to bust out the ol whip vs bosses because of its sweet range. Also his holy water and axe are very decent because they use very little mp for the payoff  8)

Tags:

anything