Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Any Details on new DS title yet?  (Read 47611 times)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2007, 08:46:20 AM »
In Reply To #60

I thought I heard that he fell in love Maria, and she stopped him from putting himself to sleep.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2007, 09:22:51 AM »
In Reply To #61

Fanfic. There was nothing of this sort ever stated anywhere. Only Maria fell for him and ran after him when he left her and Richter.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2007, 09:42:02 AM »
Where'd you read that? Cuz all there is is the ending of SotN.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2007, 10:57:41 AM »
In Reply To #62

That's what I was referring to. I saw a youtube video of that ending and it seemed to me as though they would spend the rest of their lives together. It seemed to me like Maraia was saying her final goodbyes to Richter, as if she wouldn't see him again.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
In Reply To #62

That's what I was referring to. I saw a youtube video of that ending and it seemed to me as though they would spend the rest of their lives together. It seemed to me like Maraia was saying her final goodbyes to Richter, as if she wouldn't see him again.

Yeah the best ending to symphony does kinda hint at that.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2007, 02:09:17 PM »
I think the next title will be based on Bram's novel. Because if you look at the time line poster from the POR pre-order package it states...

1897 "Belmont descendant Quincy Morris keeps Dracula at bay." Now... After the 1917 time at the bottom it states something about Elizabeth Bartley stating "Note from the developer: A secret to explain the reasons why a 16th century vampire shows up in the w0th century is now being planned."

...heh

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2007, 02:44:05 PM »
Yeah the best ending to symphony does kinda hint at that.

It probably won't count, but so does the strat. guide for the original SOTN. (By Brady Games) Actually, it hints at it strongly that Alucard likes Maria.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2007, 04:01:43 PM »
Those Strat guides are stupid, I wouldn't trust it on anything.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2007, 05:55:50 PM »
Brady makes horrible strat guides. DoubleJump are better, IMO. And regarding the timeline, I was stoked when they had the little developer note about Bartley, but considering how some of the non-canon games were re-admitted into the timeline, and that was obviously done by the American publishers, I wonder how valid the info really was? Why hasn't IGA been asked about this in any interview? Why hasn't he hinted about it. He isn't even hinting much to what his next two games will be. He's tossed ideas around, but never gave any confirmation regarding what they are.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2007, 08:49:16 PM »

6. The story of how the Belmonts lost the power to wield the whip and had to give it up to the Morris clan.(This can actually be put side-to-side with the SotN sequel, as both would take place around the same time).
The Belmont's lost the power?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they willingly passed it on to the Morris line...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2007, 09:07:57 PM »
They lost the ability to wield it, hence until 1999, they were forbid to touch it. IGA said that there was "something" that happened after SotN which "caused" the Belmonts to forfit their vampire hunting duties until 1999. Until then, they'd hand over the Vampire Killer to the Morris clan. They DID willfully pass it, but they, themselves, couldn't touch it. And there is a "reason", but only IGA has the idea to "why" this was. The only hint we have is that it's something that involved Richter(who's the last main branch Belmont to wield the VK).

And it's my opinion, but I would think if IGA did make this game(which is likely to happen someday), it would be the final piece in the Dracula X trilogy(not counting Dracula XX).

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Any Details on new DS title yet?
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2007, 01:18:20 AM »
I dunno. There's a REASON why the only difference between the best ending and the next best ending is that she runs after Alucard. Otherwise, your only reward for getting over 200% is that you learn that Maria has the hots for you (which would be lame). I'm calling "plot forshadowing".

The Morris switchover could be easily explained that Shaft screwed with Richter's head, and the Belmont's lost their power as a result of which (not to beat a dead horse, but this would be another nail XX's coffin). Either way, Rondo is the last hurrah for the Belmont's until they somehow gain said power back in 1999. It would make the '99 game more interesting if Julius has to gain Belmont powers back as the game progresses.

- John

Offline Wolfman Jake

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Any Details on new DS title yet?
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2007, 01:58:48 AM »
The Morris switchover could be easily explained that Shaft screwed with Richter's head, and the Belmont's lost their power as a result of which (not to beat a dead horse, but this would be another nail XX's coffin).

- John

That doesn't logically follow at all.  Shaft messed with Richter's mind in SotN, not Rondo/DXX/DXC.  Again, the absense of Shaft from DXX doesn't preclude his presense in SotN.  You seem to have an odd mental block on that simple concept.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2007, 03:45:01 AM »
In Reply To #73

According to many people DXX doesn't exist in the canon storyline, Iga included I believe.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2007, 05:16:20 AM »
It probably won't count, but so does the strat. guide for the original SOTN. (By Brady Games) Actually, it hints at it strongly that Alucard likes Maria.

Well, who couldn't like her??  ;D  I always thought that was all set in stone, but I guess thats because I still haven't played SotN.

Tags: