Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586733 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »
Lots and lots of Killing Floor
Killing Floor Trailer
Getting my perks up to be ready for the Halloween Sideshow event (I want that Chicken costume player skin! lol) particularly because the recent weekend sale means there's an influx of new players, which helps me upgrade my medic  ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:06:49 AM by Ratty »

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2012, 09:40:06 AM »
Started playing "Planescape: Torment" because I'd been meaning to for a while and it seems like appropriate October fare. Haven't gotten out of the introductory area yet, though I kinda like the Dustmen/"Dusties" death cult, except for the whole using zombies as slave labor thing. They're like a strange sect of Buddhists from what I've seen of their philosophy.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
I've been playing Rogue Galaxy, made it to chapter 8 and i can tell you guys that the last time a game, especially an RPG game has made stuck playing it and feel so addicted was many years ago. Great combat battle, i like the revelation system, the designs the scenario is so great, making me to laugh so many times.

I suggest it to everyone who loves RPG games and hasen't play it yet. It deserves a second game/sequel to be made.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2012, 10:13:55 PM »
Started playing Skyrim again, finished a couple more quest lines. I think I'm at 5 or 6.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2012, 11:19:45 PM »
Ive started playin EverQuest again... On a specially made private server to emulate as close as possible what EQ was like in 1999 (when I started playin) fun nostalgia filled times!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #261 on: October 20, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »
been playing tales of symphonia, final fantasy for the nes, and final fantasy 6 for the ps1.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2012, 04:12:50 AM »
I'm also playing unchained blades for the psp. It's a first person dungeon crawler RPG. While it has a very interesting scenario, combat system and characters evolution system, the progress is so slow, mainly of the dungeons structure and that almost every time you change a floor while the enemies are 3-4 levels stronger than you, they look like they are at least 10 times stronger than you. Anyway, for those with passion, i'm sure they will enjoy it.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2012, 05:06:12 AM »
Been playing Klei Entertainment's Mark Of The Ninja of late.... awesome sneaky stabby game. 2D Stealth platforming. Definitely influenced by both Ninja Gaiden/Shinobi and Thief.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2012, 04:48:01 AM »
Rainbow Islands Extra on the FM Towns Marty (nope don't own one or the game, both too expensive). This game is very very hard to clear and get the best ending and amazingly high scores, it's quite the complicated game that only looks simple from looking at it.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »
Been playing Mechwarrior 4 lately. It's an old game but surprisingly addictive. There hasn't been an installment in the series in almost ten years and it's too bad because there is no game quite like it.
For a simulator of huge mech fighting it's surprisingly complex and realistic. The combination of learning to choose your mech, controlling and equipping it with proper weaponry, together with battling mechs both stronger and more numerous than yours is quite challenging.

DAMAGE CRITICAL! REQUESTING IMMEDIATE EVAC!  >:(
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2012, 11:42:42 AM »
W00t unlocked the Grim Reaper player character in Killing Floor. Although my participation in the Hillbilly Horror event has meant I haven't played Planescape Torment in several days >.>

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2012, 01:17:33 AM »
This was the right season to play Simon's Quest and Silent Hill. I've never actually played Silent Hill before, and I liked it a lot more than SH2 (which had the better story, but the original was more fun).

Now I'm playing Alundra. Not very far into it at all, though. Bought this one a while ago, but never wanted to really sit down and play it until now.

I guess I've been on somewhat of a PS1 binge lately. Which is weird, because generally the PS1/N64 era is my least favorite now.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2012, 02:25:58 AM »
This was the right season to play Simon's Quest and Silent Hill. I've never actually played Silent Hill before, and I liked it a lot more than SH2 (which had the better story, but the original was more fun).

Now I'm playing Alundra. Not very far into it at all, though. Bought this one a while ago, but never wanted to really sit down and play it until now.

I guess I've been on somewhat of a PS1 binge lately. Which is weird, because generally the PS1/N64 era is my least favorite now.

Silent Hill and Alundra have both been on my to-play list for a couple years now, in my huge backlog of PS1 games. Love that system. I want to play Landstalker for the Genesis before Alundra though, since the latter is supposed to be the spiritual sequel to the former. So that's another one on the backlog.

Speaking of taking a long time to play games.

So... I just beat Portal for the first time yesterday, after starting it the day before. Fairly deep into Portal 2 now (I got it as a gift back when it came out) and it's good but maybe not as much as the first one. I love GLaDOS, she's adorable in her evil in the first one and her spite in part 2 is great. It's an interesting character dynamic Valve set up. Especially in the first game, where GLaDOS is the only speaking character, so she's both your greatest enemy and your only true companion. I guess I didn't play it for so long (despite having it installed for years) in part because everyone was always talking about it. Sometimes things are popular because they're actually very good though, clearly that is the case with this series.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:36:35 AM by Ratty »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: November 06, 2012, 01:33:06 AM »
I have finished Rogue Galaxy 2 days ago, i haven't play the bonus dungeon yet, i'm on the final dungeon on Unchained Blades, but for now i think i'll try and play Dark Souls and try to make it to the new DLC content and see what it has to offer.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything