Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586965 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #615 on: August 09, 2013, 01:30:56 AM »
Broke out the Atari 2600 and have been playing some of my favorite games on the system. Including Frankenstein's Monster

Frankenstein's Monster for the Atari 2600

Which is probably my favorite non-arcade port title on the system and is a lot like I imagine a 2600 version of Castlevania would have been. I play it on advanced (5 minute timer) mode and have never been able to "beat" it though. I usually fall in the acid trying to beat the clock (using a genesis controller the jumping actually reminds me a lot of the commitment in a Classicvania) or I get to what I think is the last "stage" and run out of time.

Considering games like Bioshock have been remade for the 2600, it would be interesting to see an actual Castlevania fangame on the system.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:40:43 AM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #616 on: August 09, 2013, 01:53:31 AM »
Started playing Killer 7 instead. Though I have to admit, the 10 minutes or so that I've played of it so far made me feel completely lost. Still looks enjoyable, though.

Best game ever (not quite but close), so keep playing. *SUDA51 fanboy waves his flag yet again*

Currently playing Dragon's Crown. REEEEAAAALLY enjoying it so far. The Amazon has my heart.

I just hopes the moveslist doesn't become too complicated. I don't usually enjoy games that have a myriad of different button combinations to pull off for sweet action (it's why I stopped playing Bayonetta), so just give it to me plain. So far the upgrades have had simple button moves, but I could see things getting cluttered quickly.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #617 on: August 09, 2013, 02:21:11 AM »
Currently playing Dragon's Crown. REEEEAAAALLY enjoying it so far. The Amazon has my heart.

Man......i'm really jealous....... :'(
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #618 on: August 09, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »

Thanks for the hint, I didnt noticed that they have already launched it, I will go grab my copy now xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #619 on: August 09, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »
I like flat chested too, boobs are only a bonus, not a must for me. So having or not big boobs doesnt change my decisions (thats a rare thing nowadays eh? lol)
Indeed, most men I know (at least in my country) seem to look other places and then if they are OK with them, they look at the face.

I'll dare say that judging from the pictures that you have post, i'll have to disagree, you have a perfect body and if b***s are firmly, i prefer them over big ones.
Thanks!  :) I see myself as skinny and tiny, though. Popular girls during high school had different (bigger) atributes.

I just like girls however I will say that I'm attracted to girls with short/medium hair(mostly brown hair on this one for some reason it different depending on the color hair for me) how could I explain it umm not to short I have to find a pic to explain it.
You forgot to mention blue hair  :P

On-topic: so far the game doesn't have complicated button patterns, and it's really fun to play. All stages have been visually stunning so far, also.
I feel identified with the elf girl, so I chose her (no surprise here  :P).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #620 on: August 09, 2013, 02:49:03 PM »
Damn, I forgot its only for PS3 and Vita, I thought it was going to be launched to PC too :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #621 on: August 09, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »

You forgot to mention blue hair  :P

You see that goes without saying and that's with anime ;D

But yes these hairstyles make me very...  just add some green eyes and well :-[

(click to show/hide)

A girl in italian class had hair similar to the second pic I talked to her alot but nothing happened.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:57:56 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #622 on: August 09, 2013, 03:42:24 PM »
Grabbed a Gameboy Pocket and CV Adventure for next to dirt-cheap at a retro game store. You can imagine how that's been going. I loooooooove that it has to be done in a single run. Real test of ability there, man. :)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #623 on: August 09, 2013, 03:55:25 PM »
You should show some pictures, I love to see pictures of things that dungeonites are liking at the moment, like collections :D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #624 on: August 09, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
+2
Well, it's something

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #625 on: August 09, 2013, 04:41:45 PM »
Wow, it seems very well conserved.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #626 on: August 09, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »
I'll say. Fifteen bucks for the pair, with both console(which hilariously came with working batteries) and cartridge in amazing condition?

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #627 on: August 09, 2013, 05:01:27 PM »

You see that goes without saying and that's with anime ;D

But yes these hairstyles make me very...  just add some green eyes and well :-[

(click to show/hide)

A girl in italian class had hair similar to the second pic I talked to her alot but nothing happened.
Heehee... you know how to choose your girls,you have good taste...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #628 on: August 09, 2013, 05:04:35 PM »
Very good taste by the way.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #629 on: August 09, 2013, 05:37:53 PM »
I'd like to third that notion. And I hear ya on green eyes, though I typically need red hair to accompany them. I guess it goes with being Scotch-Irish.

Tags: