Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586758 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #660 on: August 31, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »
the us smb2 or the japanese? the us one is my fav mario =D

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #661 on: August 31, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »
The US one. I was hoping to get to the part where the Hawkmouth attacks you, but I couldn't get past 5-3. Gotta try again. Awesome game.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #662 on: August 31, 2013, 03:26:28 PM »
This Famicom Twin can play some "problematic" games? Im asking that because I've heard that some titles (less than 20 IIRC) refuses to start in some unofficial models, maybe because it lacks something, IDK.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #663 on: August 31, 2013, 07:41:15 PM »
It's the real thing...the ones that Sharp made in Japan. It used to play games (well, cartridge games, since it won't play FDS games and probably has a belt issue), but suddenly it won't power on. I got an adjustable AC adapter from Amazon, and that didn't do the trick. I think it's got a bad power receptacle.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #664 on: August 31, 2013, 07:58:31 PM »
I doesnt mean unofficial Famicom Twins, I mean unofficial consoles LOL
It plays the Japanese CV3 for example? I wish you best luck in fixing this problem.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #665 on: September 01, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »
At my new workplace, we have mandatory 30-minute breaks. I've been using them to play Sonic Advance 2. The Sonic Advance titles are all really great Sonic games, easily on par with the genesis titles in terms of fun factor, stylization, etc IMO. I love the added mechanics of trick jumps, rail grinding, and B-button attacks. I wonder why they abandoned those things in the more recent 2D games. They added a lot to the experience.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #666 on: September 03, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »
Storming my way through Diablo III for PS3, while i'm waiting for Dragon's Crown to get delivered.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #667 on: September 04, 2013, 02:37:35 AM »
During my 4 days of no internet access I took the time to finally start playing Xenoblade Chronicles. I have to say I'm very impressed with the game so far. I've already formulated a hypothesis about the game's story that is, of course, in tune with Xenosaga and Xenogears. ;)
"Stuff and things."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #668 on: September 04, 2013, 03:50:45 AM »
At my new workplace, we have mandatory 30-minute breaks. I've been using them to play Sonic Advance 2. The Sonic Advance titles are all really great Sonic games, easily on par with the genesis titles in terms of fun factor, stylization, etc IMO. I love the added mechanics of trick jumps, rail grinding, and B-button attacks. I wonder why they abandoned those things in the more recent 2D games. They added a lot to the experience.
Great games! All 3 of them!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #669 on: September 05, 2013, 12:43:19 AM »
+1
I doesnt mean unofficial Famicom Twins, I mean unofficial consoles LOL
It plays the Japanese CV3 for example? I wish you best luck in fixing this problem.

Ah, I see what you mean now. It's funny that you mention CV3, since that game is what I specifically had in mind when I bought it. Plays it like a charm...I prefer the Japanese version of this game to the US one (mostly because of the music).

When I was playing SMB2, I never knew there was a set pattern to the slot machine game...I always thought it went at random. But then I looked and got the rhythm down so I could get at least one cherry every time, and I racked up nearly 50 lives at one point. I wouldn't have beaten this game if I hadn't figured this out (which makes me wonder how I was ever able to beat it as a kid...).

Playing Arkham City now. Pretty fun, just like the first one. The combat challenges are going to drive me crazy, since I don't use a whole lot of variety in fights.

Offline Ofthenight

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #670 on: September 05, 2013, 02:28:48 AM »
Harmony of despair, its ok, not what I hope though.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #671 on: September 05, 2013, 03:12:41 PM »
I want to show everyone here that I got a family computer. It came a couple days ago  ;D Anyway I've been playing Tales of Xillia somewhat but mostly valkyrie no bouken and Fire Emblem Gaiden not a bad start for a new collection huh?  :)

It's the real thing...the ones that Sharp made in Japan. It used to play games (well, cartridge games, since it won't play FDS games and probably has a belt issue), but suddenly it won't power on. I got an adjustable AC adapter from Amazon, and that didn't do the trick. I think it's got a bad power receptacle.

It's not just the adjustable adapter you have right? Do you also have a japanese transformer?

This

If you don't have one over time you can blow a famicom out and I'm sure that the sharp is 100v.

http://famicomworld.com/workshop/tech/famicom-power-adaptor/

Here is where I got my info before I got my FC
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:16:08 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #672 on: September 06, 2013, 01:19:53 AM »
I''m playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time. I admit I'm not a fan of the series. I've tried playing several games but they don't hold my attention. After i kept hearing how divine it is I burrowed it from a friend and am now playing it.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #673 on: September 06, 2013, 03:31:41 AM »
Pocket Fighter on MAME, PS1, Saturn, or on my PS2, any way I can play it. It's a game most dismiss as a children's version of Street Fighter, but those folks would be very very wrong, it's quite the complex fighter, and it's where my Sakura avatar comes from (that and Super Puzzle Fighter II of course).

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #674 on: September 06, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »
I''m playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time. I admit I'm not a fan of the series. I've tried playing several games but they don't hold my attention. After i kept hearing how divine it is I burrowed it from a friend and am now playing it.

I think it's a terrible game that people talk about and play with glasses so densely rose-tinted they couldn't see their hand in front of their face. Terrible characters meet terrible story meets terrible exploration meets tiny soundtrack and ugly graphics meet mediocre combat. Final Fantasy 6 and 9 (which I played around the same time, a few years ago) are great though.

Pocket Fighter on MAME, PS1, Saturn, or on my PS2, any way I can play it. It's a game most dismiss as a children's version of Street Fighter, but those folks would be very very wrong, it's quite the complex fighter, and it's where my Sakura avatar comes from (that and Super Puzzle Fighter II of course).

I keep meaning to get that for my Saturn. If only because I'm a sucker for anything with the Darkstalkers in it. Especially Lei-Lei/Hsien-Ko.

Playing the fairly crappy "Dracula: Crazy Vampire" because it's a licensed game and I'm a masochist. But stuck on stage 5 because there's about 4 or 5 levels of dungeon maze all filled with cupboards and crates, and at the end of last maze there's a key with no indication which of these containers it unlocks or how to unlock them. Though I suspect the answer to the latter is to just walk up to them. EDIT: Had to talk to the Bride of Frankenstein. I'd missed her yesterday lol. Now 2 levels ahead of where I was.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:08:46 AM by Ratty »

Tags:

anything