Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Early Access Trailer  (Read 5984 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/team-ladybug-developed-record-of-lodoss-war-deedlit-in-wonder-labyrinth-launches-march-13-via-steam-early-access

Never thought I'd ask "what if SotN had free-aiming archery?" Yet here we are now. :v
Seriously though, it does look pretty sweet at least.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Early Access Trailer
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 09:44:45 AM »
That looks fun and intense! Too bad it says nothing about being on other systems.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 05:29:38 PM »
Where is the Switch version

There must be a Switch version

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Limited Run Games need to get a whiff of this
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
It's definitely one of the metroidvania type games which I'd like to dig into when full version released, but my internal sensor warns me that the arrow-based puzzles in this game would not have the possibility to achieve the depth of that simple-yet-fun time controlling mechanism in Touhou Luna Nights, it looks like it's just blocking player's way and nothing more

I'd wish the team one day could do another or more games similar to Luna Nights in engine and art style while featuring more Touhou characters :p
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 05:21:48 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
So after all these days, the game has left early access and formally released. The price tag of released version seems a bit too high considering the overall quality but already got it at early access stages, so it isn't a problem. The problem is it feels almost instantly old, there's nothing that can totally blew my mind up (in Lecarde Chronicles 1 style) and amazed me, and then the arrow mechanic, when combined with the gear switch, is weird enough to be a trouble - especially if I want to take yet another playthrough after beating the game once. (I actually enraged toward one of the arrow puzzles once because sometimes the arrow just sucks; it REALLY ruins the overall rhythm and experience)  Also the overall length is way too short even considering the IP it inspired and copyrighted from; the developers were seemingly ran out of idea when designing the last few areas, to the point they had to throw a semi-Boss Rush to the very last of main adventure, which contains every single stage-end boss and mid-boss prevoiusly faced, without a chance to take a rest - pretty blah design and formed my major disappointment about this game. Oh and the music is kinda weak and the tracks sound nothing like the style would come from the same studio which had a take on the remixed soundtrack as badass as Touhou Luna Nights. Everything else is fine and acceptable in my view, though.
There's no voice acting what so ever but I can accept it if they didn't want to put voice acting in game.

If the team could form a long-time cooperation relative to ZUN/Team Shanghai Alice and continue to make copyrighted Touhou sidescrolling games instead of drilling other too old and less known IPs, that day would be the happiest day in my life.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 04:12:15 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
So it looks like the plot of this game is actually kinda depressing? Like, it doesn't even take place in the main canon part of Lodoss War. Instead it's some kind of epilogue where the entire party is a bunch of ghosts/flashbacks/something and Deedlit is the only one still alive? That seems kinda dark, yo.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Yeah it was pretty jarring for someone who's only watched the 1990 OVA. The game was basically Deedlit coming to terms with outliving Parn and all her friends.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
Was it based on some weird later book or was it a game-original plot?

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Iiiii don't know actually, but it seems to be a game-original plot that serves as a lead-in to the new novel, ROLW: Diadem of the Covenant. Wonder Labyrinth's epilogue shows Deedlit
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 05:28:52 AM by The Puritan »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
The achievements are on. That arrow training one was holy hot damn god awful. It should be illegal to make that disasterous achievements requirement not pass pre-release. I once thought it could be unrelated to achievements... but I was awrong. They're way worse. I thought to the end of the way it would still be way too much for my skills... Other achievements are somehow cryptic but ultimately at OK level.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 02:22:08 AM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2022, 06:01:44 PM »
So, yeah I'm kinda bringing this back. I bought this game on Switch and thought so far the story was kinda "eh" but after reading the comments on this thread, I guess there is a lot more to the story than just this game? I legit didn't know and just thought it looked fun.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2022, 11:53:11 PM »
I cracked open the PS4 version, after seeing the Switch version tanking slightly with frame rate and hearing there are some slowdown issues (sounding like a semi-Bloodstained ROTN). I got another 3 sealed copies(Switch, PS4, PS5 w/ Preorder Bonuses) for research purposes…
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2022, 03:45:19 PM »
True, the quality of console releases are mixed. Heard a lot of complaining at steam forum that Game Pass for PC version has frame rate problem. I saved the money of Deedlit's console versions for purchasing Needy Girl Overdose which is Playism's next phenominal game they published.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 03:47:11 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2022, 05:17:45 PM »
Ok maybe someone can help me out. I've been watching the OVA (I got like four episodes left) and am a little confused on parts. Like I can follow the story fine but sometimes there are events that I feel like I skipped something, like bridging events. Maybe this is an OVA thing because I've watched other OVA that do the same thing. Anyway, I'm not sure if the story goes deeper in like a Manga or something?

Also, is the other Anime, Holy Knight or whatever, just like an extended version of the second half of the OVA I'm watching with the staff of domination or dominion?   

Tags: