Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: OMG --They remade Nocturne!  (Read 5224 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
OMG --They remade Nocturne!
« on: May 11, 2008, 07:53:34 PM »
I just found this out while randomly listening to songs from the library's list in Dracula X Chronicles' SOTN. The former Japanese vocal track from the import Symphony of the Night ost has been fully translated and sung in English.

I think it's a Japanese woman singing it, and she has a lovely, clear voice. It's a beautiful, sad piece. It always was, but it has more meaning now. Kinda less cute and more sorrowful than the original; with the pretty tune untouched. It's... well, awesome. I dunno I was really surprised to hear it because I was just browsing through the list. Made my day.

I was always confused about this piece as I don't know where it appears in SOTN. I always thought it was just extra. But I'm wondering if it plays when you get the bad ending or something, because I never got the bad ending in this version (PSP), and the song was nowhere in the English Playstation cut at all.

Certainly would have made a nicer ending theme than "I am the Wind," even though I like that song too. It only makes this UMD have the best soundtrack of all UMDs even more.

On a final note, is this English version of "Nocturne" on the offical Dracula X Chronicles soundtrack release? I kinda doubt it, but I'm hoping.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Steve

Re: OMG --They remade Nocturne!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »
Nocturne is sung when the Half-Fairy familiar is activated and Alucard rests in a chair long enough for her to land and settle on his shoulder.  This was originally only possible in the Japanese Greatest Hits ("PlayStation the Best") and Japanese Saturn versions of the game, but it was then included in the PSP port and remained intact for the American release.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:16:28 PM »
I was pretty pumped when I heard that song in English too. I always loved the Japanese version so it was great hearing the song. I'll admit I didn't like 'I am the Wind' so it's absence  pretty much officially makes this version of the SOTN soundtrack 'perfect' for me. As in there is official not one song I dislike on the whole thing anymore.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »
In Reply To #3

What about the inverted castle music like "Door of Holy Spirits" or "Curse Zone" etc.?
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »
In Reply To #3

What about the inverted castle music like "Door of Holy Spirits" or "Curse Zone" etc.?

What's wrong with those tracks? : \
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 01:21:52 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 01:28:11 PM »
In Reply To #5

Well, their just not really musical, just creepy background sounds. Almost as bad as Resident Evil.

SonOfBelmont

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 06:06:07 PM »
Have you hurd Silent Hills, music well thats pritty much better then Silent Hill.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »
In Reply To #5

Well, their just not really musical, just creepy background sounds. Almost as bad as Resident Evil.

Say what? You must be thinking of a couple different tracks, because these are very musical. They're more atmospheric, but a song doesn't have to be blaring-in-your-face just to be "musical."
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 08:47:35 PM »
In Reply To #3

They don't really bother me either. They make the 'mood'. They're not really musical tracks, but I still like them.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »
In Reply To #9

Wow, I didn't even know you could do that with the half-fairy! I gotta try dat sumtime...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »
In Reply To #3

While not my faves on the ost, they do their job.

Door... has an awesome, nervous bassline, that just screams somethign's about to go down. You know you're nearing the end when you hear it, even if you didn't see the keep up there yet.

Cursed Zone totally reminds me of the final battle with Baby Metroid (all growed up) in Super Metroid. So it has that going for it. It also has a very demonic and hellish
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:56:31 PM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

darksolgamer

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 08:52:41 PM »
In Reply To #11

part of the reason i didnt like the inverted castle so much was because Final Toccata was repeated so much

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 01:52:28 PM »
In Reply To #11

Actually, I think Heavenly Gateway was used for the keep, and I really like that one. Oh yeah, and referring to your first post, the English Nocturne is in the DXC soundtrack.

Tags:

anything