Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982273 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3450 on: July 04, 2018, 06:56:13 AM »
You had to have backed the game at the $60 tier to get access to the backer demo, IIRC.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3451 on: July 04, 2018, 06:24:57 PM »
no this is not attention seeking Partial.  you could have just shut up and not comment about me, but you just have to be an asshole cause you can get away with it here.

Eh... what's with the issue on mini maps? You can toggle it off anyway.
I don't find an issue with it.

But maybe I'll just keep it on all the time, it's easier to spot where the hidden paths are. Don't argue with me that it "cheapens the experience". I don't have enough time to spend on games and when I leave a game to deal with real life, it takes a long time before I return to it, I need my guideposts.

it was previously an issue because until there was confirmation and evidence, it was assumed that minimap might have been forced on anyone.

thankfully that's not the case, but people shouldn't be such snotty pricks like Partial who lacks any sort of empathy towards people that find forced minimap to be an issue if the case was that there was no option to remove minimap.

its good to have option for minimap, but option to remove minimap from the display is important too. 
it makes a world of a difference to players that feel the same way about it. 

so people shouldn't assume something would not have been a problem if it doesn't bother them in the first place.

so anyways, the subject is taken care of.  while people complain I stretch an argument, they stretch it further with their obvious trolling and cyberbullying and disrespect towards me.

so Im just sharing my part on this subject.  So that being said, we can move on.   
At least I didn't complain nor have concern about real petty things like the characters mouth animations, which look fine to me.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3452 on: July 04, 2018, 08:15:45 PM »
I don't care much about mouth animations too.
Maybe I'm just used to watching dubbed shows on TV in my native language that are so bad everything is out of sync (way back in the 90s), until streaming made it possible to view subbed.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3453 on: July 05, 2018, 04:42:11 AM »
Can someone clarify the voices in the "story trailer" versus the gameplay footage with the moving mouths?
In the story trailer, Miriam sounds slightly American, as does Gebel, but in the gameplay demo, everyone sounds very British.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3454 on: July 05, 2018, 08:12:27 PM »
+1
The actual voices for the final game may differ from the demos released.
I just hope they choose the more American accent... But if not, well it's ok.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3455 on: July 10, 2018, 09:14:07 AM »
well it sounds like general english VAs to me. not terrible, and maybe not outstanding.

I respect the VAs voice effort, and at least they took their part seriously unlike Chaos Wars VAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg

though Chaos Wars is exception, because their laughable performances are a masterpiece in itself, would be nice for that family to voice more games.   ;D

in ROTN's case though, the VAs are take it or ignore it.  this genre is really focused on the gameplay anyways.
previous IGAvanias really weren't known for their VAs, Richter and Alucard sounded dumb in SOTN but no one cared.  Maria was so so.

at least people cant complain the game lacks VAs at all (like Circle of the Moon).

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3456 on: July 10, 2018, 05:07:36 PM »
well it sounds like general english VAs to me. not terrible, and maybe not outstanding.

I respect the VAs voice effort, and at least they took their part seriously unlike Chaos Wars VAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg

though Chaos Wars is exception, because their laughable performances are a masterpiece in itself, would be nice for that family to voice more games.   ;D

in ROTN's case though, the VAs are take it or ignore it.  this genre is really focused on the gameplay anyways.
previous IGAvanias really weren't known for their VAs, Richter and Alucard sounded dumb in SOTN but no one cared.  Maria was so so.

at least people cant complain the game lacks VAs at all (like Circle of the Moon).

You're comparing something released in 1998 to 2018 and saying they sounded dumb. If that is your opinion then so be it. At least they sounded iconic and Dracula's voice actor was decent. This was in a context when most games didn't have proper voice acting, it's like chalk and cheese.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3457 on: July 11, 2018, 01:54:47 AM »

Castlevania games always had top notch big name VAs in the Japanese version. Wakamoto is the best Drac ever! Konami just didn't want to allocate resources for English localizations.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3458 on: July 12, 2018, 06:51:39 PM »
all the resources doesn't mean they would get the right VAs for the english version.  there's factors outside of money that determine VA quality overall.
like the probability one VA gets picked over another, casting quality, how well the employer gets along with the VAs, and so on.

You're comparing something released in 1998 to 2018 and saying they sounded dumb. If that is your opinion then so be it. At least they sounded iconic and Dracula's voice actor was decent. This was in a context when most games didn't have proper voice acting, it's like chalk and cheese.

the videogame generation doesn't matter.  remember PS1 era had some high quality VA during the same console era, like Metal Gear Solid, which has better VAs that VAs found in a lot of PS2 and PS3 games.

just as there are hammy performances now like back then, VA quality varies from game to game. 

overall, top quality/ideal VAs or not, Bloodstained isn't gonna win any awards with storytelling (just like COTM's story is largely overlooked, especially being a spinoff compared to ROTN).  even if there are clever plot twists and interesting alternate endings, its still gonna align with one of the usual tropes. 

there are more legendary stories and memorable character interactions and mindblowing quotes in games, that dont even have VAs at all.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3459 on: July 13, 2018, 03:03:21 AM »
all the resources doesn't mean they would get the right VAs for the english version.  there's factors outside of money that determine VA quality overall.
like the probability one VA gets picked over another, casting quality, how well the employer gets along with the VAs, and so on.

Resources mean (1) connections to get the best quality people for the job; and (2) money to pay them. A well payed, very knowledgable casting director can get a unknown VA shoot into superstardom.

And why does MGS get high quality VAs, Kojima insisted that a big part of his resources to be allocated to VA and sound effects.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 03:06:13 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3460 on: July 13, 2018, 06:44:14 AM »
@affinity "video game era doesn't matter".....
Bullshit. There were no VA's in the <8-bit era, and the budget and resources allocated to gaming in this day and age is a bethemoth shadowing the former era of the 90's.
Context-wise: The likes of Sir Patrick Stewart would've never VA'd for a Videogame in the late 90's.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 06:14:32 PM by zangetsu468 »

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3461 on: July 13, 2018, 07:50:11 PM »
though VAs been around since like Psycho Soldier, well that game had vocals, high quality singing too considering the tech.

oh well anyways I don't think ROTN interviews are gonna be harsh on the VA performances, I mean this isnt PS1 tier VAs. 
critics are gonna be more nitpicky on things like graphics and overall design and gameplay aspects.  though think they'll be ok with gameplay cause it does flow like an IGAvania, and with some fresh feel to it and actually has whips, which wield uniquely from the other games.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3462 on: July 14, 2018, 07:12:52 AM »
+1
I refuse to accept the pronunciation of Gebel as "Jee-bull".  It's "Gaeh-bull".  Grr.
(minor minor peeve)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3463 on: July 14, 2018, 04:49:12 PM »
I liked it. the demo is nice.

the 8 bit retrogame is nice too
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3464 on: July 14, 2018, 05:32:51 PM »
It's "Gaeh-bull".  Grr.
(minor minor peeve)

LOL... Gay Bull...

I prefer Jee-Bell  :P