Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bad Game Party  (Read 4589 times)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: March 13, 2019, 08:51:56 AM »
+1
For years I've been wanting to host a Bad Game Party.  Basically I would have all my nerd friends over and we would have a tournament of sorts, but only using shitty games.  The point would be to force those who inexplicably call me a friend to put in some time on terrible games, giving us a few laughs at the expense of said shitty games, and each other.  Of course alcohol would be involved.  I want to stick to consoles, so unfortunately that Big Rigs Racing game with the embarrasing clipping is out.  I also want to avoid emulation.  I have no problem spending money on a few new bad games - after all, I have a complete Jaguar collection.  I have most mainstream consoles and lots of 2nd tier ones, so just about anything is fair game.

I haven't put much thought into it beyond that.  The games don't actually have to be bad, just easy to make fun of.  Cheesy dialogue, goofy premise, etc.  I'm considering incorporating a few from this list:

E.T. (Atari 2600)
Mickey's Safari in Letterland (NES)
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Genesis)
Shaq Fu (Genesis)
Wirehead (Sega CD)
Night Trap (Sega CD or PS4)
Steam Hearts (PC Engine)
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (CDI)
Club Drive (Jaguar)
Checkered Flag (Jaguar)
Kasumi Ninja (Jaguar)
Highlander (Jaguar CD)
Superman 64 (N64)
Tomb Raider: the Angel of Darkness (PS2)
Castle Shikigami II (PS2)
Castlevania Judgment (Wii)
Ninjabread Man (Wii)
Deadly Premonition (PS3)
Burger King trilogy (Xbox 360)
Ride to Hell: Retribution (Xbox 360)

Has anybody here done anything similar?  Or can you recommend some truly terrible games?  Can you think up of a format for a challenge from any bad games (for example, "fly through as many rings as possible in the first stage of Superman 64")?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:34:02 AM »
A game I know that has really cheesy dialogue is the ending of Super adventure Island II. Oh my god... :P  Great game, but that ending. Yeeesh.

Sounds like you and your groupies are going to have a blast (that's if they don't pass out from overly excessive drinking and forget there ever was a party).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 05:31:34 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 03:00:13 AM »
With Devil May Cry 5 being pretty popular right now, you guys probably ought to experience the lows in the franchise in Devil May Cry 2 and DmC: Devil May Cry.

And speaking of lows in popular franchises, there's also FF7 Dirge of Cerberus if you're interested in checking out an absolute trainwreck in the mess that is the ComplicationCompilation of FF7. :v
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:05:06 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 03:45:56 PM »
I've made it to the final boss of Super Adventure Island II but never actually beat it.  I should really fire it up again.

Devil May Cry 2 is indeed terrible.  I should play through it again to come up with some sort of challenge.  But that would mean playing through it again.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 02:13:38 PM »
CVJ isn't a bad game, though.
I'd play it. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 02:56:33 PM »
Fallout 76
Duke Nukem Forever
Sonic '06
Brink (I'm sorry, but at least it's free now)
Saints Row 2, specifically on PC running windows 7 or 8. (The crazy broken stuff doesn't happen on Windows 10)

I was gonna put Sonic Forces in, but we're playing BAD or broken games, not boring games.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 08:01:24 PM »
Hydlide and Daydreamin Davey on the NES, you'll be the most hated guy on the block after those 2.

Yes, I own them.  :(

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 03:43:17 AM »
Oh god, Hydlide...

Zero Champ Doozy J (Saturn)
Fist of the North Star (Genesis)
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: