Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So...I actually really like Harmony of Despair...0_o  (Read 11113 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: So...I actually really like Harmony of Despair...0_o
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 06:21:59 AM »
And stupid character balancing issue only further added to me eventual distaste for the game, Soma being to freaken overpowered and getting to keep his soul system from DOS while Alucard for instance has most of his more powerful abilities and weapons from SOTN taken away from him or severely toned down like the mist form and soul steal for instance.

The mist I can understand since it would make him unkillable in most instances, but why does the soul steal have to be so weak and only give very VERY little heath?

Maybe they are pushing for Soma to be the non-Belmont fan fave rather than Allie who held that position for quite some time?

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 10:34:49 AM »
I guess it's just that the game is easier with Soma.
It's like the trick everyone uses when playing Mario Kart Wii online.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 10:50:13 AM »
I play rather frequently on PSN and am always down to add people to play with, but all I'm really doing at this point is trying to get 9 of every item and it's dragging on (like this sentence).
(click to show/hide)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 12:18:53 PM »
Maybe they are pushing for Soma to be the non-Belmont fan fave rather than Allie who held that position for quite some time?

I'll leave it at this. They are my least favorites.Cornell is my non-belmont fav 
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »
Initially, the only character available wielding the Vampire Killer wasn't even a Belmont, and isn't even present on what one might consider the "box art" (title screen). :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 01:09:10 PM »
+1
I thought it looked a little dumb when it first came out but once I bought it I thought differently. It's simple and mindless so it's an easy pick up game.
If you feel this is the case, might i suggest bringing Death into Dracula's room in chapter 10? Far from simple at that point! ;D
You spend too much damn time grinding    ;)     just go to vs with some one and equip the astral/master(IIRC) ring and boom done ...  :P
well trust me Neo, if you spent 5 years overseas and was confined to a base, grinding would be the least of your worries. I had no internet but was able to get the GAEMS case for my ps3 so we became good friends at that point!  ;D and even with that amount of time spent playing, I've never acquired all the weapons =(
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 01:30:24 PM »
If you feel this is the case, might i suggest bringing Death into Dracula's room in chapter 10? Far from simple at that point! ;D

well trust me Neo, if you spent 5 years overseas and was confined to a base, grinding would be the least of your worries. I had no internet but was able to get the GAEMS case for my ps3 so we became good friends at that point!  ;D and even with that amount of time spent playing, I've never acquired all the weapons =(

Your probably right  but  you're telling me that with all that time you spent could not get all the items  :o
Anyways if I did buy I would have no problem playing with ya but I do find it hard to buy it again. I did buy everything except maria for the 360.

In other news I hope I'm a good sparring partner(heck on-line friend) for your fighting game needs after all I would drag you off DCUO  ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 01:35:44 PM »
+1
Dc is what has pulled my from my fighting game reigns. A tough competitor like yourself would release my from my first exposure to an MMO however :( might I suggest a fighting game thread? Basically a listing of whatever games you own that you would not mind playing online. All systems welcome!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline deadsanto123

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
I enjoyed my time playing HoD, ill play it any day over lords of shadow

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 08:38:09 PM »
Ive got it on PSN. The only DLC I have is Simon and Origins. My names the same on psn as here if anyone wants to play. I tried findin online games but it always says none available =/

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 10:56:51 PM »
That's strange.  I've been playing the PSN version several days a week for the past two weeks, and there was only one time when I couldn't find any teammates.  I've even done about 6-7 Survival Mode sessions.  To be fair, I usually play during the day, and usually most of the other players are in Asia.  But there seems to be a lot of life in the online community yet.  Try playing on weekend evenings for the best results for USA players.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 07:16:37 AM »
maybe its because I only have 3 chapters? I havent managed to solo chapter 1 at all yet so I havent unlocked any of the other ones

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 09:10:09 AM »
Never really even gave this game much notice, really. But what I would give my right nut for is a detailed map of stage 10.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »
yeah I havent found any either but this one shows it pretty much just not in really good detail
(click to show/hide)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »
I never compared the map while playing. Is it exactly the same map as CV 1 or were some little details changed?
My brother told me it was the same, but I didn't realized it.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags: