Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So...I actually really like Harmony of Despair...0_o  (Read 10987 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: So...I actually really like Harmony of Despair...0_o
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »
There isn't any, except from the one Aridale, has posted, but you can find in hi quality maps, up to chapter 7 here: http://www.castlevaniacrypt.com/games/hd/maps.htm
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 12:04:27 PM »
its not exactly the same but its close. They made a few changes here and there to make it all fit together like that. It didnt fit together as neat as the zelda 1 dungeons lol

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »
Thanks!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 09:31:56 PM »
But what I would give my right nut for is a detailed map of stage 10.
That can be arranged..

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 03:46:59 PM »
maybe its because I only have 3 chapters? I havent managed to solo chapter 1 at all yet so I havent unlocked any of the other ones

That would do it.  Most of the activity is on stages 6-11 in Hard mode.  If you're interested, I'd be up for playing through it with you sometime to get the rest of your chapters unlocked.  I have both PS3 and X360 versions.  Once you can survive on Hard mode, the game opens up a bit more because you get the rare, powerful items quite a bit more easily, and new rares become available to you.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 04:03:06 PM »
I got on a few days ago but I couldn't find anyone to play with. I have all the maps too. Anywho I played a solo game and realized I had hadn't played for so long that I sucked.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 05:09:37 PM »
That can be arranged..

holy shi....  :o

Protect yo self!

Fool cut yo bobbitt off!!!
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 05:53:54 PM »
Im down for playin pretty much any evening or weekend sometime. If you send me a friend request on psn pls let me know via pm or somethin so I know your psn name unless its obvious

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 12:25:48 AM »
I'm sorry, maybe it's the 4 shots of rum that I had, but this game makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

For those who do not know, I was once hacking SOTN; but since about 2 years ago I started remaking it in game maker from scratch. I am not telling you all this to toot my own horn (I have a hot blonde to do that for me.......... SCHA WING!) as by my standards I am a decent programmer at best, not great. But instead to give you all a grasp on the fact that after hacking into several games, and examining their guts that I actually do know what I am talking about when it comes to game development, and am not just some random forum troll. :)

And this game is disgustingly pathetic. I beat it inside out, playing it with several times, maxing out several characters, and getting to the point where in a 6 person team, I can take on all 3 forms of Ryu, and a midboss..... what's his name alone with no problem. While everyone in my soma and friends team chants (yes everyone EXCEPT ME loves Soma; no surprise there) "Not bad."

And all I feel is remorse for wasting valuable time in my life that I can NEVER get back.

It is a lazy, cheap, pathetic excuse for professional work that is even lower in quality than a mediocre fan game.

Recently, a very talented programmer named mig made Castlevania: the lecarde Chronicles. This game is fun, full of neat surprises, and even though it is an old school 2d platformer type castlevania, has TONS of replay value. You just want to play it over and over again because it is so fun.

But that is not the case with Castlevania HD; it is fucking BORING! Repetitive, uncreative, and a true testament to why I hope IGA never gets a hold of Castlevania again. And fuck those of you who think he should get another chance, LOL (that fuck you part is a joke for those of you with the little man complex). If I wanted to spend all day item hunting, I would play diablo. And even then, the randomization would give me much more satisfaction than this waste of code.

Here is what makes it more pathetic: SOMEONE AS UNSKILLED AS ME CAN EASILY MAKE A GAME BETTER THAN THIS! I am not backed by a professional gaming company; I am all alone, with every little to no help, an amateur and no financial backing. Yet I can come up with stuff WAY more exciting than this while sitting on the toilet playing angry birds.

I hate this game. And i hate the people that try to defend it when posts like mine pop up. There is no excuse for this laziness. When I saw stages 10 & 11 first announced as 8 bit stages, I thought it was a joke. Imagine my shock when I realized they were serious.

Fuck you IGA & Co. for being this lazy. Fuck the dumbass dickhead of a cockface sperm guzzler in Konami's development dept. that approved the way you did this. Fuck those lame brained, brainwashed fanboys who can't even admit what a lame waste this was, and instead defend it blindly (another joke; don't get butthurt guys).

I could go on and on; but I really need to get back to studying. And posting while drinking NEVER ends good.  :-X
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2013, 06:16:58 AM »
+4
Yes... perhaps you should no longer post after drinking, Esco.

You are breaking a number of forum rules with this post, and the thing is, I expect better of you and you continuously don't care:
-You are being an ass to people on this board who like a particular game, just because you disagree.  There are better ways to convey your statement.
-If you don't like the game, why post a response which will only make the defenders cry out further?  It's like "I hate ants 'cuz their sting bugs my feet, let me poke a stick at them"  only later "OW WHY DO THESE ANTS STING MY FEET, IT'S SO ANNOYING"?  Why not just let the thread die on its own?  It's like you cannot help yourself and you must post.  And not only must you post, you must be a dick with your response.
-You know better than this.
-Your choice of language shows lack of civility toward others.

I'm telling you for the last time, start acting civil on the board, Esco.

PS- I actually agree with your sentiment regarding the game, but I'm not going to post about it.  Let the people who like the game make the damn thread and talk about it already.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2013, 01:30:48 AM »
I wasn't going to reply to you Jorge (at all honestly), but this has to be said: my post wasn't a big deal. I was drunk and made a humorous post that didn't call anyone out in particular, and I even stated at the offensive points that it was a joke. Seriously man, WTF?    ???

On a side note: I find humor in the fact that I post something as harmless as above, coupled with the fact that I BARELY EVER post, and you get all hot under the collar. Yet I can name SEVERAL people that you have known FOR YEARS here that are blatant trolls, post trash CONSTANTLY, talk down to everyone, don't contribute 1/5th of what I do........ and yet you laugh off everything they do. And If you think I am bs'ing, check my old U2U's; since this is basically YOUR forum I am sure you can. You will find that I am NOT the only one who feels this way.  :-\

Wasn't going to call you out, but since you did it first in front of the whole forum instead of keeping it between me and you, here you are.  Also, don't waste time threatening me with a ban or even doing it: I can program an engine from scratch so you know I have about FIFTY ways around a ban. ;) Not to mention that I am already a millimeter away from leaving here as is.  :rollseyes: All I come here for is to give updates (which I can ask one of 20 people to do) and OCCASIONALLY to ask for help, and I am not getting much of that from the "fans" here.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:34:21 AM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2013, 07:39:37 AM »
+1
It is only harmless to you.

I will not go by what 'you' think is harmless or not.
I don't care if you post once a year, or if you contribute 100 games to the community.  You break the rules, you're gone, simple as that.

Spare me your dudebro superhacker rhetoric.

Good night, sir.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »
You have to contribute 101 games to the community to have ban immunity.

Also I played the demo run of the game again. Other than the fact that it was obviously made with a budget consisting of spare change found in a couch, it's actually kind of addictive. I can see a polished multiplayer CV being a moderate hit. HoDespair evidently sold well enough for it to be ported to the PS3, so the potential is easily there.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2013, 02:42:03 PM »
If nothing more, this game is a good way to have some quick and careless Igavania fun while we wait for the LoS saga to end.
And yes, the potential is there and I hope that someday it will come to life with a full new multiplayer CV game.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
+1
Why does Castlevania even need to be multiplayer? How many freakin' vampire hunters are there? First the Belmont clan wasn't enough for "fans", now one persona each of each character isn't enough? The gameplay is a step-up from the other IGAvanias (in terms of action, from what I can see), but that's not saying much. It's still a slop game. Oddly, I'll play the GBAvanias before I ever go near Hod. HD. Whatever the hell I'm supposed to abbreviate it to.

I won't put it quite as... colorfully... as Esco. My feelings don't run that deep because, well, as soon as I saw gameplay footage of HoD I had no desire whatsoever to play it. Since Esco has played it, his feelings ran deeper... too deep maybe. Alas, poor Esco! I knew him ... not.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: