Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274116 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2013, 04:24:12 AM »
Thanks Las! im glad you are digging it! :) i feel a slight tumor coming on for saying this but it was actually a good thing that my HDD crashed when it did lol. it let me get more detailed in ths stage layouts and stuff. and you guys should fire me, i COMPLETELY forgot the underground catacombs in the vid!!! :( when i finish up i'll be sure to add it :) i finished the cliffside entrance last night, now i just have the main halls, inner halls and keep then the stages will be done! as soon as i have them wrapped up i will post a new vid. thanks again Las!! :)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2013, 10:31:43 AM »
Cool!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »
Quick update guys, last night I finished The Main Halls, next is the Inner Halls then the keep and its done!  Im "attempting" to upload the video of The Main Halls right now, but it may be a bit because im tethering my internet through my iphone right now so it might not take lol, but if not I will upload it tomorrow.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2013, 05:01:37 AM »
Ok guys, finally got it updated. I remixed Deja Vu as well. Hope you guys dig it :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sr2qjid97ejhuc/The%20Main%20Hall.wmv

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2013, 05:11:55 AM »
Ok guys, finally got it updated. I remixed Deja Vu as well. Hope you guys dig it :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sr2qjid97ejhuc/The%20Main%20Hall.wmv

I love it!! Keep up the good work.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2013, 05:36:18 AM »
Thanks dude!! I'm glad you like it! :)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2013, 07:34:54 AM »
I feel stupid for not noticing and pointing this out before, but the legs from Trevor's old doppel stance pasted onto his new classic stance torso makes the hips look disjointed. I trust you will be working on refining the custom sprites once you get the priority tasks done?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2013, 08:43:52 AM »
I recommend you to remove the sfx while climbing the stairs. They sound really off.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »
I recommend you to remove the sfx while climbing the stairs. They sound really off.

Yeah, I don't really dig those step sounds either. Especially if you have to move up and down them while fighting enemies. Optionally, you could try to make them really faint and see how that works out.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »
The one thing I'd like to point out is Trevor's diagonal and overhead attacks. They don't seem to animate well. An overhead swing doesn't seem to work with a diagonal attack or an upwards one. Are you having trouble with this issue? I personally would take some ques from Super Castlevania IV and the other Super Castlevania III home brew as that Trevor also has the 8 directional whipping as well. But otherwise your game is looking pretty good! Keep at it  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »
This is very impressive and looking very good so far! I can tell that this takes a lot of work. Once the bugs are worked out, enemies added, and the other characters are added, this fan game will look even more awesome! The only thing that bothered me a bit like a few other people have mentioned is the sound effect for the stairs. In my opinion, I think maybe something a bit softer would work better? It just seems a little loud.

I like your remixes too! Can't wait to hear all of them.   :)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2013, 09:19:20 PM »
As some people have said it looks a little unconsistent, if I were you I'd listen to uzo's recommendation.
Anyway it's my duty as an avid CVIII fan to congratulate you, what you are doing is simply a labour of love, you can just feel it sometimes, and imagining how much of your time and thoughts you have expended on this it's amazing. Thank you very much and I look forward to play your version of CVIII!

Everything comes full circle

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2013, 05:16:05 AM »
ok ok, NO STAIR SOUNDS!!! LMAO j/k thanks guys. As for the animations thats something ill have to iron out lol. im not much of a sprite artist, i can rip em and clean them up (i e put the animations together) but my skills in the rest are limited to say ths least lol. You guys are awesome! with all the hype and feedback im getting from everyone it makes me want to push the game even further! as for the remainder, still got 2 stages left. had to give the brain a break and play a little of the new army of two lol. but ill be back at it today, leaving only the inner halls and the keep. after that i will be coding alucard, sypha and grant, then on to the baddies :)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2013, 05:44:40 AM »
Well, if you need help with the sprites then you could just ask around. Doesn't hurt to try and get a helping hand.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2013, 05:47:57 AM »
oh yeah, i definitely agree! i could always use some help :)

Tags: